• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
So I bought a 10 meter wrap of polypropylene rope recently, but the length is too long

How do I cut off the extra rope?

I heard online if you cut it using usual knife, it may fray the ends, which may result in a fucked up hanging attempt, and you will fail CTB

Definitely don't want THAT to happen

So how does one take a 10 meter rope and cut off the necessary length so that THE ROPE DOESN'T BREAK OR GET MESSED UP?

Thank you :)

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Rap the excessive rope around your rope theats that's connected to the anchor point then knot the excessive to the the rest of the rope. It should not be bunch. Rape around your rope and with with out all of your weight and test.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I think you were going in the right direction with your research. My limited knowledge would make me think you'd have to seal the cut end using heat/flame. I've never done this personally, or at least not that I remember since my memory is terrible. With braided ropes or any material that does fray you will want to go about it the right way. I'd say to Google it or use your applicable search engine, seems like most results will have you heat a blade and cut using it or else use tape and somewhat a similar process with cutting it then using heat/flame to burn and seal the end. There should be plenty of resources online and even videos showing how to do this.

I'd say as well to see if you could make it work even with the excess rope. That way you wouldn't have to worry about cutting it wrong. I guess I don't see too much how extra rope length would be harmful really but maybe I'll missing something.

Best wishes whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: waitingforrest and CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Rap the excessive rope around your rope theats that's connected to the anchor point then knot the excessive to the the rest of the rope. It should not be bunch. Rape around your rope and with with out all of your weight and test.
How do you do that? Do you have an illustration? 😅😅

I am afraid that extra rope will bother with Mr CTB attempt and I only got one chance

Also, I wanted to ask, how long should the line of rope between the anchor point and the slipknot be?

I have seen pics where it is pretty long but also have seen pics where it is pretty short but CTB was successful either way

Thank you
I think you were going in the right direction with your research. My limited knowledge would make me think you'd have to seal the cut end using heat/flame. I've never done this personally, or at least not that I remember since my memory is terrible. With braided ropes or any material that does fray you will want to go about it the right way. I'd say to Google it or use your applicable search engine, seems like most results will have you heat a blade and cut using it or else use tape and somewhat a similar process with cutting it then using heat/flame to burn and seal the end. There should be plenty of resources online and even videos showing how to do this.

I'd say as well to see if you could make it work even with the excess rope. That way you wouldn't have to worry about cutting it wrong. I guess I don't see too much how extra rope length would be harmful really but maybe I'll missing something.

Best wishes whatever you decide to do.
Thank you, yes I am doing all the deep research I can do to cover all fronts

I don't have a heating knife like this... And I'm pretty sure I can easily mess it up by trying to burn it using a pan...

I have Googled rope cutting businesses around me, but there aren't any...

But at the same time it is too long and I'm afraid to mess it up, maybe the long rope will get tangled while I convulse and it will somehow cause me to survive or the knot to get untied...

Last edited: