• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I'd like to ctb at a hotel towards the end of June/beginning of July using the night night method, but I'm worried about a couple of things.

1) Upon registering at the check-in desk, would they ask me for an emergency contact number? If yes, how would I deal with this? If I give them a fake or VOIP number would they call it to check if it's active?
2) I live close to a nice hotel and I was wondering if this would raise suspicion if I would get a room there?
3) I'll be staying there for about a week in case if I fail to ctb. However, I'll try to ctb the same day I check in. Now, if I don't go out of my room for a couple of days would this raise suspicion? I know the cleaning staff will be there to clean, can I request them to not clean my room for a day or two?
4) Do I have to state the reason why I'll be staying there?

Other than these, what else would you suggest me to do or avoid?
I've only been in a hotel twice in my life and I was never the person who booked/checked-in. So in other words, I'm not very familiar with hotels.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some hotels want guests from a distance to reduce party issues. Check that. Say your place is getting painted.
Other than that, there should be no problem.

Reactions: 0000000000000, Deleted member 17331, SimplyTopHat and 2 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I'd like to ctb at a hotel towards the end of June/beginning of July using the night night method, but I'm worried about a couple of things.

1) Upon registering at the check-in desk, would they ask me for an emergency contact number? If yes, how would I deal with this? If I give them a fake or VOIP number would they call it to check if it's active?
2) I live close to a nice hotel and I was wondering if this would raise suspicion if I would get a room there?
3) I'll be staying there for about a week in case if I fail to ctb. However, I'll try to ctb the same day I check in. Now, if I don't go out of my room for a couple of days would this raise suspicion? I know the cleaning staff will be there to clean, can I request them to not clean my room for a day or two?

I've only been in a hotel twice in my life and I was never the person who booked/checked-in. So in other words, I'm not very familiar with hotels.
Hello,
1) I lived in 50+ different hotels and nobody asked for emergency contact number (Europe). You can give them any number you want, they won't check
2) I think they won't check your address so you may think it out. Never heard before that reception workers have info about your place of residence.
3) Yes, this obviously raise some suspicion because people usually come to the town to walk not to stay in hotel.
Just get dressed well and say that you will have an online conference or you will be trading, so that you won't be disturbed. Don't forget to say that you will have to prepare for an appointment/conference and put "Do not disturb". This won't guarantee there won't be any suspicion, but make them sure they have no reason to have this suspicion.
4) The reason? No. But you can say something like business or tourism. If they ask what company you are working for, say you are freelancer and think out what you do.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, Deleted member 17331, SimplyTopHat and 5 others
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
1- Probably not, I don't remember the last time I checked it but it didn't include that info (in UK)
2- I doubt it, who would know? The hotel staff are likely busy, just say you have to leave early and staying in a hotel works better. Or the wife prefers it
3- Again probably not, cleaners often ignore the do not disturb sign so I'd have a cloth pinned up so they don't see you
4- No not really, just say business if asked. Say you're a traveling entrepreneur, a soap salesperson, or your house is being treated for fleas etc. They won't care
I'd plan for what happens if someone walks in on you, put out the do not disturb sign and I'd hhang up a sheet with a note so they don't see you after
edit: Yes maybe mention at the desk you'll be conferancing so explicity say do not disturb
edit2: I'd change my approach if it was a male or female. With female just say something about the wife and they'll bend an arm and a leg to help you. Males will likely care less, just ask the standard questions and follow procedure. Say it's business and you need to have time at night/morning for emails/phonecalls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Thanatos123
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Hotels in the states never ask me shit.They just want know my cash is green or my credit card works.As far as the cleaning lady,no I don't think it will raise suspicion.Just hang the do not disturb sign.

Reactions: Thanatos123, k75 and Oyoy
Dead.Marilyn.Sad

Dead.Marilyn.Sad

Accident or Suicide?
Feb 12, 2020

Could you explain to me about the night night? What method is that?

I see people talking, but they don't say anything about it...

Reactions: Thanatos123
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
One suggestion often mentioned here, if there is an internal door in the room, close it and put up a large notice saying that a suicide has occurred and for nobody to enter except emergency services. Or block the entrance hall with chairs or other objects with a large notice, or pin up a spare sheet to hang from the ceiling with the notice attached. Just something to ensure that a hotel cleaner or staff member isn't the one who has to find your body and get unfairly traumatised.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, Deleted member 17331, faraway_beach and 4 others
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020

Theres a whole twenty something page mega thread on here somewhere dedicated to it.Use the search bar at the top right.

Reactions: Quarky00, MsMaudlin, Dead.Marilyn.Sad and 1 other person
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
From when hotels ask this questions?
It's not there business if you live near them, you want to rent a room and that's it.
And also ask specific to no one enter your room, you don't have to give them a reason, and they shouldn't ask for one

Reactions: Quarky00 and k75
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Hello,
1) I lived in 50+ different hotels and nobody asked for emergency contact number (Europe). You can give them any number you want, they won't check
2) I think they won't check your address so you may think it out. Never heard before that reception workers have info about your place of residence.
3) Yes, this obviously raise some suspicion because people usually come to the town to walk not to stay in hotel.
Just get dressed well and say that you will have an online conference or you will be trading, so that you won't be disturbed. Don't forget to say that you will have to prepare for an appointment/conference and put "Do not disturb". This won't guarantee there won't be any suspicion, but make them sure they have no reason to have this suspicion.
4) The reason? No. But you can say something like business or tourism. If they ask what company you are working for, say you are freelancer and think out what you do.
Thank you!
1- Probably not, I don't remember the last time I checked it but it didn't include that info (in UK)
2- I doubt it, who would know? The hotel staff are likely busy, just say you have to leave early and staying in a hotel works better. Or the wife prefers it
3- Again probably not, cleaners often ignore the do not disturb sign so I'd have a cloth pinned up so they don't see you
4- No not really, just say business if asked. Say you're a traveling entrepreneur, a soap salesperson, or your house is being treated for fleas etc. They won't care
I'd plan for what happens if someone walks in on you, put out the do not disturb sign and I'd hhang up a sheet with a note so they don't see you after
edit: Yes maybe mention at the desk you'll be conferancing so explicity say do not disturb
edit2: I'd change my approach if it was a male or female. With female just say something about the wife and they'll bend an arm and a leg to help you. Males will likely care less, just ask the standard questions and follow procedure. Say it's business and you need to have time at night/morning for emails/phonecalls.
That was very helpful, thank you!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and faust
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I've stayed in a lot of places and was never asked a single question. They do not ask for an emergency contact.

I doubt they'd notice or care if you leave the room or not. It's not like they're keeping tabs on you.

What they will care about is you not checking out.

The iffy part is cleaning. Some places I stayed had rules like I could skip a day but they had to clean the next no matter what and stuff. You can call ahead of time and ask, I bet.

If they ask for a reason for your stay, it's because the receptionist or whatever is making small talk, not because the hotel wants to know. Just say your house is being renovated or something. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, Deleted member 17331, Indieblue and 2 others
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020

The night method is based on the rear naked choke used in the military, sports and by police officers. However, instead of having someone pressing the arteries that supply your brain blood, you do it yourself by using a ratchet tie down tool and bean bags.
If you go to Forums > Suicide discussion> resource compilation > Megathreads > Night night method. The thread was started by Kooz. He was extremely helpful and he answered lot's of common questions.
One suggestion often mentioned here, if there is an internal door in the room, close it and put up a large notice saying that a suicide has occurred and for nobody to enter except emergency services. Or block the entrance hall with chairs or other objects with a large notice, or pin up a spare sheet to hang from the ceiling with the notice attached. Just something to ensure that a hotel cleaner or staff member isn't the one who has to find your body and get unfairly traumatised.

Could you elaborate a little about the internal door?
If I understood correctly: other than the main door that leads to my room, there is another door for emergency and cleaning staff?
I've stayed in a lot of places and was never asked a single question. They do not ask for an emergency contact.

I doubt they'd notice or care if you leave the room or not. It's not like they're keeping tabs on you.

What they will care about is you not checking out.

The iffy part is cleaning. Some places I stayed had rules like I could skip a day but they had to clean the next no matter what and stuff. You can call ahead of time and ask, I bet.

If they ask for a reason for your stay, it's because the receptionist or whatever is making small talk, not because the hotel wants to know. Just say your house is being renovated or something. It doesn't matter.
That's good to know, thank you!

Last edited:
Dead.Marilyn.Sad

Dead.Marilyn.Sad

Accident or Suicide?
Feb 12, 2020
The night method is based on the rear naked choke used in the military, sports and by police officers. However, instead of having someone pressing the arteries that supply your brain blood, you do it yourself by using a ratchet tie down tool and bean bags.
If you go to Forums > Suicide discussion> resource compilation > Megathreads > Night night method. The thread was started by Kooz. He was extremely helpful and he answered lot's of common questions.

Could you elaborate a little about the internal door?
If I understood correctly: other than the main door that leads to my room, there is another door for emergency and cleaning staff?

That's good to know, thank you!
Thanks I found about it :hug:

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Never

Why? No . Unless you know staff . Home renovated , messy divorce , who gives a fuck ...

Can request . They do what you want , why raise suspicion .

Never . Perhaps just for statistics or extra services . Say business / work, do not wish to be disturbed or offered anything .

More helpful info

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tips-for-ctb-in-a-hotel.29076/

(There are other threads search 'ctb hotel')

S

SugarbushMtn

Student
Dec 15, 2019
The problem with hotels or anything where there are people around is that you might get "rescued"

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
The problem with hotels or anything where there are people around is that you might get "rescued"

Thank you for the reply.
I actually wanted to start another thread asking if there are other places to ctb without the possibility of others noticing.