B

bl4cksh33p

Sep 14, 2024
Hello! I have made the decicion to alliviate all my pain and suffering via an exit bag. I ordered a tank of helium a few days ago from a party store, which I made sure had 99% helium conentration. I am not too sure as to how I should create the bag. Is it enough to fill up a balloon, place my head in it and thighten it with a plastic zipper? Or will too much oxygen get inside? Do I need a tube and a special masks or something? Any guides or links would be really appriciated, as I have read that some people has had multiple failed attempts with helium. I don't want to suffer any brain damage afterwards and end up as a vegetable..

I have also read that nitrogen may be a safer choice to CTB. Is this true or is helium better?

• Hugs
Reactions: babouflo201223 and Hysteria
Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
Look at the nature of fate. I was about to ask the same question. I read Helium is legally available to individuals in Hungary. Not too expensive either. I only don't know how to make use of the canister. I've got zero practical knowledge. I read manuals, and I found messing with masks and adapters to be a nightmare. But I'm the one with mental issues that make me understand practical manuals hard.

Reactions: bl4cksh33p and babouflo201223
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Bonjour ! J'ai pris la décision de soulager toute ma douleur et ma souffrance grâce à un sac de sortie. J'ai commandé un réservoir d'hélium il y a quelques jours dans un magasin de fête, dont j'ai vérifié qu'il contenait 99 % d'hélium. Je ne sais pas trop comment je dois créer le sac. Est-ce suffisant pour remplir un ballon, y placer ma tête et le serrer avec une fermeture éclair en plastique ? Ou bien trop d'oxygène va-t-il pénétrer à l'intérieur ? Ai-je besoin d'un tube et d'un masque spécial ou autre chose ? Tout guide ou lien serait vraiment apprécié, car j'ai lu que certaines personnes ont eu plusieurs tentatives infructueuses avec de l'hélium. Je ne veux pas souffrir de lésions cérébrales par la suite et finir en légume...

J'ai également lu que l'azote pourrait être un choix plus sûr que le CTB. Est-ce vrai ou l'hélium est-il meilleur ?

Merci :)
Do you live in USA ? Maybe easier there to find helium canisters (for baloons) with 99% helium (and not just 80% helium + 20% O2) as I can only find in my country... Lucky you ! About the exit bag, I wrote yesterday a message with the same question as yours. You can have a look at the answer someone gave me (but for me it's too difficult). Wish you the best !

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Being that helium is a finite resource, and supplies are dwindling, any balloon helium you find is more than likely to be a mixture of 80% helium and 20% air. In many cases the pictures you find online of the helium, and/or its packaging, will say 100% helium, but when you get it, it will only be an 80/20 mixture. The stores just keep using the old pictures. The only place you're probably going to find pure helium is from the industrial gas suppliers, or welding type stores, and even then you need to verify that's what it is. And it's not going to be cheap. Of course ymmv. Just saying you need to be careful with what you think you are getting. 80/20 will not work for ctb. One can always just go with nitrogen. It's easier to obtain, too.

B

bl4cksh33p

Sep 14, 2024
Do you live in USA ? Maybe easier there to find helium canisters (for baloons) with 99% helium (and not just 80% helium + 20% O2) as I can only find in my country... Lucky you ! About the exit bag, I wrote yesterday a message with the same question as yours. You can have a look at the answer someone gave me (but for me it's too difficult). Wish you the best !
I'm in the Nordics. The brand name is called: "BalloonGaz". It's a green tank. I ordered the biggest one. Here is a link to the manufacturer website: https://www.balloongaz.com/en_US/

B

bl4cksh33p

Sep 14, 2024
Being that helium is a finite resource, and supplies are dwindling, any balloon helium you find is more than likely to be a mixture of 80% helium and 20% air. In many cases the pictures you find online of the helium, and/or its packaging, will say 100% helium, but when you get it, it will only be an 80/20 mixture. The stores just keep using the old pictures. The only place you're probably going to find pure helium is from the industrial gas suppliers, or welding type stores, and even then you need to verify that's what it is. And it's not going to be cheap. Of course ymmv. Just saying you need to be careful with what you think you are getting. 80/20 will not work for ctb. One can always just go with nitrogen. It's easier to obtain, too.
Thanks! It's says in the description on the website I ordered it from: "Our tanks contain 99% helium, while most other manufacturers contain 80/20".. so hopefully it is correct.

Is Nitrogen and Helium more or less the same? How much Nitrogen is needed?
The tank I ordered is enough for 50 balloons. Around 0.25m3 I guess. Might not be enough it seems..

exitingtothevoid

exitingtothevoid

Aug 2, 2024
The tank I ordered is enough for 50 balloons. Around 0.25m3 I guess. Might not be enough it seems..
Pure helium is better than nitrogen when used with an exit bag because helium is lighter than air so it will push exhaled air out the bottom of the bag. (there is residual air in your lungs even when you fully exhale) The problem is getting 99.9%+ helium, usually it is helium and air mix.

The safe guideline is you want enough gas that 15lpm of gas flow lasts for 40 minutes, so 600l of gas. You'd need one or two more bottles and a way to connect them together. The flow rate is critical to purging exhaled gasses out.

The exit bag and inert gas megathread has a lot of information on how to create an exit bag:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thanks! It's says in the description on the website I ordered it from: "Our tanks contain 99% helium, while most other manufacturers contain 80/20".. so hopefully it is correct.

That's definitely a purposeful statement. I hope it works out for you. For our purposes they're the same. They're both inert gases. For nitrogen I think it's something like 40 cf, which is about 1100 liters, or about 1.1 m³. This gives you a little "safety" margin. Have you read the Inert Gas Megathread? Ideally, you need to be able to supply 15 LPM for 40 minutes, so that's really 600 L. But, who wants to gamble on minimums? 0.25 m³ of helium doesn't seem like enough. For safety, you'd need like 4X that much, 2X for absolute minimum.

A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
Read the PPH handbook has detailed guide for making one. That's my best suggestion so I am not directly telling you how to make one but the instructions in the PPH are pretty easy to follow. Wishing you and everyone peace, serenity and a safe passage.