• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

clicmsf

clicmsf

Not belonging to this universe
Oct 8, 2022
PLEASE HELP ME

Please answer and give me advice. Every other place has either removed my post or they all say seek therapy. My problem is, i NEED to die. I can't stay around anymore it's just not possible. But my family will be scarred for the rest of their lives. It's so brutal and draining that i have to continue on suffering only because others appreciate my presence. I don't know what to do. I really can't put this pressure and harm on them. Every single day they give me reassurance on how much I'm important to them and i just wish i wasn't. What should i do? Should i just drive a car into a valley with me and my entire family so all of us go and no one suffers? Or any other advices i would really appreciate.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop, heavyeyes, AntHills and 2 others
H

help56

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I can't answer . I am in the sane boat. There is no answer. They will feel bad for sure
Hi
I know the deal it's hard . I can't cope I just want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: almaranthine, heavyeyes and clicmsf
madebrief

madebrief

Experienced
Jul 4, 2022
Guilt is a hard thing and a huge factor to not dying. It will be your choice as to whether you want to live the life you have. If not, then it is accepting the guilt and the burden your family will have.

I won't wish that you brought your family with you by driving into a valley.

There are other methods which you can find on here but don't bring your family into it by killing them.

Reactions: leeloosnow, heavyeyes, watchingthewheels and 2 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I'm free from guilt/regret/remorse, coz I know my destiny was coded in my genes, with a bit of influence from the environment.

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow, heavyeyes, outrider567 and 1 other person
H

help56

Student
Oct 4, 2022
Please don't include your family . It's your journey . Contrary to what we believe people will move on . People did we cry and we move on. So sometimes we feel bigger than we are . Life will move in and yes there will be some guilt but ultimately they will move. It's a balance of what's more important . For me there is only one person I know will miss me . The rest love me on their own terms and if they are getting stuff from me or I am successful . They will all move on . I am feeling soo bad today

• Hugs
Reactions: almaranthine, Forever Sleep, heavyeyes and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It does sound like a difficult situation to be in. I could never suffer only for the sake of others. I would personally choose to leave a note to act as an explanation for those left behind and to try and give them some understanding. This may mean that they are less likely to be left with unanswered questions.

For me personally, if I was to die others reactions would be none of my concern as I simply wouldn't be there at that point to see it. One would need a consciousness to care about anything. And also we will all die someday and be forgotten about, grief and loss are inevitable in life, and are a consequence of bringing humans into this world.

Reactions: almaranthine and lachrymost
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
PLEASE HELP ME

Please answer and give me advice. Every other place has either removed my post or they all say seek therapy. My problem is, i NEED to die. I can't stay around anymore it's just not possible. But my family will be scarred for the rest of their lives. It's so brutal and draining that i have to continue on suffering only because others appreciate my presence. I don't know what to do. I really can't put this pressure and harm on them. Every single day they give me reassurance on how much I'm important to them and i just wish i wasn't. What should i do? Should i just drive a car into a valley with me and my entire family so all of us go and no one suffers? Or any other advices i would really appreciate.
There is no removing the guilt. Im in the same situation and I decided im gonna live until they are gone no matter how painful it becomes. People say suicide is hard but living in pain is way harder.

I can give you advice on how to cope with life and make it less painful that kinda works for me if you want it though.

Reactions: heavyeyes
spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
PLEASE HELP ME

Just don't. I know I will hurt ppl but this is my life and my decision. So you should'nt make it up to other ppl.

Reactions: Sick of it all and PArazi
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
Once its over, its over.

Your not feeling guilt for no reason. It's a puzzle to be looked at (not necessarily solved).

Reactions: earshurt, heavyeyes and Sick of it all
S

Sad_Sack

Experienced
Oct 3, 2022
All I can say is that if one of my children died for any reason it would hurt worse than even what's driving me to want to die. I'm always afraid that if I take my life it will leave them with a greater chance of one day doing it themselves. I know it sounds hypocritical for me to want to end it and I would deny them the same thing but I'm talking about all the little things in life that can make one think about ending it but will pass with time like break ups etc. I've had decades to arrive at the conclusion that after 30 years that there is no hope of this resolving and death is the only option. I don't want them thinking the first time they feel fed up with life that since their father did it that they should to.

PArazi

PArazi

Student
Aug 27, 2022
But my family will be scarred for the rest of their lives. It's so brutal and draining that i have to continue on suffering only because others appreciate my presence. I don't know what to do.
Not native speeaker

Losing someone you love is one of the worst pains to anyone. There's nothing you can do to change that. You cannot change human nature, someone's feeling, even yours... Should your family think more about ur suffering? Yes, but they don't. People are altruistic, but they are more individualistic. They think more about their suffering than yours. And that's not because they're bad people. They will partially understand your decision?! Yup, but a bad memory(losing someone) always will override a good memory(your will). That is why they allways will suffer: the brain does it by itself.

Maybe you should remember the first times when you thought about ctb. Certainly it wasn't what you wanted at first, or the way you would. But how about now? You are on the road again. Don't stop thinking about how to make your family accept it. You must find a way, and you will. It could be a lie. A disease. An undetermined cause.

Last edited:
Reactions: almaranthine and heavyeyes
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
What should i do? Should i just drive a car into a valley with me and my entire family so all of us go and no one suffers?
SMH...And people wonder why this site gets bad attention...
Whatever legit problems you have, you will earn no sympathy with this line of thinking, and would deserve every bit of guilt. Please, PLEASE don't do that.

Reactions: leeloosnow, almaranthine, willitpass and 3 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Inevitably people will grieve. It is part of life. It is selfish of anyone to keep someone here so that they don't have to grieve for them.

It is also obviously not anyone's right to take someone's life to save them grief. Not their choice to make.

Reactions: almaranthine, heavyeyes, watchingthewheels and 1 other person
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
you have complete control over your own life; you have an undeniable right to your own destiny!
you don't have any right over someone's life!

think about it: if you value your life and someone else wanted to kill you because they want to commit suicide, would this be fair to you? (even if that person is close to you, or part of your family): no

…i NEED to die. I can't stay around anymore it's just not possible. But my family will be scarred for the rest of their lives. It's so brutal and draining that i have to continue on suffering only because others appreciate my presence. I don't know what to do. I really can't put this pressure and harm on them..

I'm sorry for what you're going through - I don't want to exist anymore either

you are torned between your own torment and the pressure from your loved ones
the purpose of your life is not to make someone else happy, but do what's best for you

if you feel guilty try to isolate from them, physically: move alway, somewhere far. this will remove their influence from you, and cushion the blow from your loss

I really hope you will find your peace - that you certainly deserve, but don't make decisions that involve them

Last edited:
Reactions: hans0solo, heavyeyes and watchingthewheels
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
PLEASE HELP ME

Definantly do not drive into a valley with others in the car with you, just don't do any methods that involve hurting others physically, not a good idea. I understand your frustration, but don't do that please. When it comes to guilt, I feel more guilty staying alive than I do thinking about CTB. Everyone call me a burden or that my only values are to be a free therapist or a piggy bank, beyond that I'm nothing but a burden and unwanted. So continuing to live itself give me insane amounts of guilt to the point I feel guilty for even sleeping or eating. I know people will be much happier when I'm gone.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
PLEASE HELP ME

You're not ready to CTB

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
bringing other people down with you is the worst possible solution. not only would everyone else who knew you grieve you, but every single person who knows your family will grieve them. all with the knowledge that you killed them. murder suicide is the most shameful thing in my moral book. this site is about pro-choice, and murder is not choice.

Reactions: leeloosnow, hans0solo, heavyeyes and 1 other person
heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
I understand your guilt. I've been struggling with the same for about a year now. Honestly I don't think there's a way of getting rid of it. You just have to accept it. Your family will grieve your death no matter what. There is no saving them from that pain. Please leave them out of it. You have no right to decide the fate of their lives like that.

Reactions: leeloosnow
hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
you are suffering. I get that. I dealt with that most of my life. part of the solution for me is to remove myself from the things, people, places that cause me suffering. killing other people is not an ethical thing to do. if removing yourself from your family it will relieve you of some of your suffering, that is what I'd consider. telling your family you are moving away is something understandable. When you move away, try to create a new life for yourself. you will gain a new perspective that is free from the pressure of being around your family. you might even reconsider your past. you don't say what makes life so unbearable. so its hard to comment more.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
PLEASE HELP ME

When I'm in pain I do not feel guilty about taking aspirin. Sufficient pain can make guilt evaporate.

Reactions: watchingthewheels and heavyeyes
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
honestly OP it's disturbing that you would consider attempting to kill your family in a car accident, but you are not thinking rationally because of the pain you are in. genuinely glad that you chose to share that thought here so others can weigh in and encourage you and clearly explain that causing harm to your family like that would be a terrible thing to do. I have been trying to justify my decision this way... so, I have 3 family members that would be hurt by my death in order of most to least affected would be my mother, my uncle that helped raise me, and my other uncle. I will die one day and so will they. Either I will have to grieve and accept each and every one of their deaths (most likely scenario) or at least one of them. Alternatively, I could die first, and they will all have to grieve me. There is no way around it: someone will die first and we will all be saddened by it to some degree. The only thing that will hurt them about my death is that I decided it for myself. The difference in the degree of suffering they will experience whether I am t-boned by a truck tomorrow or I decide to take SN at the end of the month is not significant. The only thing that sets those two experiences apart is *their judgement* of the act of my suicide, their feelings about why I chose to end my life... the amount of true grief is relatively the same, because either way, by accident or self inflicted, I am gone and they will never see me again. With the truck accident their anger, despair is directed at the universe, the other driver, etc. whereas with the suicide their negative emotions are centered on me being selfish for my choice and/or directed inwards at themselves for not being able to change my decision. Truth be told, I know I will not be able to handle the grief of losing my few family members... the thought of burying them all, having to settle their estates, being completely alone is literally unbearable to me as my life is already such a train wreck and I have only held on for their sake. I could inherit hundreds of thousands of dollars and it would not be bearable or worth it to me. They on the other hand, have the mental health and stability to move on from my death. This is of course my personal scenario, but for anyone with family or friends they feel will be devastated and hurt terribly it's worth it to really think of how your death in general would affect them... and then compare that specifically to how your death by suicide would affect them. You could die any day. Everyone lives every day knowing they or anyone they love could go at any moment. It is just hard for others to accept the idea that some people need to choose their own moment.

Reactions: clicmsf, watchingthewheels, heavyeyes and 1 other person
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I've been telling my family for years that I am suffering with mh and don't want to be alive. I do still feel bad that people wil grieve, but constant suicidal thoughts all day every day not that bearable.

I wish we could just say 'I love you and goodbye' and that is what I have been saying to my family for several years now.

Reactions: makethepainstop and heavyeyes
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
I feel bad about it too but I can't live to protect other people's feelings forever

Reactions: clicmsf, makethepainstop, heavyeyes and 1 other person