chopsueylol

chopsueylol

Sep 4, 2024
Every time I have a panic attack and suicidal thoughts I try to ask my friends for help but it never really works. If I'm subtle they don't notice and think I'm just joking, but if I'm honest they get scared.
I already ended my last relationship because of this, so I don't know what to do anymore.
And it's not like I can keep calling my psychologist, she has other people and I'm not that special.
(Maybe someone will say this but there's no point in talking to my family, it's complicated)

• Hugs
Reactions: consider, Forever Sleep and Little_Suzy
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
it's hard talking about this with most people. some can be very understanding, others just freak out and don't know how to handle it. I have lost close friends who couldn't handle it. for the panic attacks can you tell friends that u just need someone to talk to when it happens to find relief? and talk more about the suicidal thoughts with your psychologist? it's okay to make more appointments for some period of time just to get a handle on things.

Reactions: Little_Suzy
Upvote 0
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Y'all! Friends, family, and partners are not your personal "crisis hotline." They are there to have fun, and if you need a favor, they should be able to help you.

Trauma dumping and trauma bonding have a devastating effect on relationships. You appear to be self-aware, and it's great that you want to fix this. Also, you can post on this forum, where a lot of people will interact with you because they understand your needs.

It is more than ok to ask for help, but make sure you are approaching the right person, especially if you are constantly in need. When dealing with a mental illness, you should always consult with a therapist who has received professional training and is bound by confidentiality. Your friends have no mental health training and are prone to gossip!

Find a social worker who can help you connect with available resources. Yes! Your therapist should always make you feel special; if not, fire them and find someone who caters to your needs.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Upvote 0