• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Gave my shotgun to a friend in December. I made it clear that I'd purchased it for suicide and asked them to hold it for me to keep me safe.

Well, now I'd like the gun back. Same reasons. But not sure how to go about asking for it in an effective way, or if I should just get another gun... my county recently passed a new law where you have to pay to take a class at the Sheriff's office (during which they essentially vet you) to purchase a gun (not sure how this is constitutional), and the wait times are currently extraordinary for background checks. Not to mention, I'm broke, and the class fee plus purchasing a new gun would be unrealistic.

Options...

I could ask my friend to go pawn the gun with me, so I'd have some more spending cash for another gun, and my friend would be off the hook morally. It would just take forever to get a new gun.

But is there any reasonable way I could ask to just have it back? How could I word it? I don't want to just massively lie to their face. They've helped me a lot and been there for me. I miss having the gun. I want this gun specifically, too. Ugh. This all feels too complicated.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
All my suggestions involve either being straightforward and asking for what's yours or massively lying to their face.

Reactions: its-about-time
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
All my suggestions involve either being straightforward and asking for what's yours or massively lying to their face.
Fair enough. Straightforward asking for what's mine might be the way. I just know I'm gonna be asked some serious questions.

reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
Your friend might not give it back since you gave it to keep you safe. Except if they change their mind or not really care. There's no hurting on asking it back straightforward. If they didn't give it back and if you can wait for new gun, just tell them to sell or pawn it. Then just say the money if just for your own. Then get a new gun.

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Your friend might not give it back since you gave it to keep you safe. Except if they change their mind or not really care. There's no hurting on asking it back straightforward. If they didn't give it back and if you can wait for new gun, just tell them to sell or pawn it. Then just say the money if just for your own. Then get a new gun.
That's probably the best way, yeah. You're right. Gonna take forever. It feels kind of shitty to go pawn the gun with my friend, because i know they'll take it as "oh my friend is taking positive steps" but well that can't be avoided. Just gotta deal with all the sad parts of this that don't feel good. I'll see about signing up for the dumb class I have to take. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: reverse03
byebyered

byebyered

sunshine ☀️
Mar 9, 2022
Your friend isn't gonna trust you with it since you told them why you bought it in the first place. Tell him you want to pawn it for the money then just buy another one

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
If this person is truly a friend and you care about them, do NOT ask for the gun back. If you use it to kill yourself they will forever feel responsible for your death. Find another way or buy another gun.

Reactions: Wormfood, FrozenMango, dukedoom and 1 other person
dukedoom

dukedoom

lemme die
Jan 14, 2023
The moral implications of you asking your friend for the gun back which will be used to blow your head off (presumably) are enormous.

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
If this person is truly a friend and you care about them, do NOT ask for the gun back. If you use it to kill yourself they will forever feel responsible for your death. Find another way or buy another gun.

The moral implications of you asking your friend for the gun back which will be used to blow your head off (presumably) are enormous.

Yeah that's what I was worried about. Ok. I asked them to go pawn it with me. They'll hopefully feel off the hook. You guys are right.

Reactions: WaitingAllMyLife and dukedoom
czx85

czx85

Student
Jun 8, 2019
...why do you even let them holding your gun at first?

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
...why do you even let them holding your gun at first?
Had a spontaneous and drunk moment of deciding to not kill myself, and they were at my house at the time, and I gave them both the gun and my SN… at least that's the short version.

No point regretting. Just gotta make next moves.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Gave my shotgun to a friend in December. I made it clear that I'd purchased it for suicide and asked them to hold it for me to keep me safe.

Well, now I'd like the gun back. Same reasons. But not sure how to go about asking for it in an effective way, or if I should just get another gun... my county recently passed a new law where you have to pay to take a class at the Sheriff's office (during which they essentially vet you) to purchase a gun (not sure how this is constitutional), and the wait times are currently extraordinary for background checks. Not to mention, I'm broke, and the class fee plus purchasing a new gun would be unrealistic.

Options...

I could ask my friend to go pawn the gun with me, so I'd have some more spending cash for another gun, and my friend would be off the hook morally. It would just take forever to get a new gun.

But is there any reasonable way I could ask to just have it back? How could I word it? I don't want to just massively lie to their face. They've helped me a lot and been there for me. I miss having the gun. I want this gun specifically, too. Ugh. This all feels too complicated.
It's your gun, you bought it and you own it. I'd just straight up ask for it back since it's yours, you miss it and you don't need them to take care of it for you anymore.

Reactions: czx85
wr3ck3d

wr3ck3d

My color says "Wanderer" so let's go with that
Feb 12, 2023
Even pawning it with you might make him feel guilty. You said you had some SN with your gun. Wouldn't it be easier to get a new batch of SN and OD, rather than go through the problems with the gun?
Also just my opinion but the course could teach you useful things, even for your intentions.
Edit: by course I mean the "class at the Sheriff's office"