• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

whatliesbeyond

Jun 12, 2021
So i've tried partial hanging 5 times now and none of these times worked for me. I am really curious on what I am doing wrong. I am sure no one is immune to not passing out, I just can't seem to get it right? To people that have successfully passed out from partial, did you feel any pain? or was it only discomfort? Bellow the adam's apple or above? All of my attempts were bellow, I am guessing I need to be putting a lot more pressure around my neck to actually pass out? People always talk about sweet spot, but does it really matter when everything around your neck is constricted as the pressure is applied? I feel like if the carotid artery is on both side of the neck, it shouldn't matter where the rope is placed, but what do I know. If I really can't make my self pass out from partial, than my back up plan is either get drunk and do full hanging or jump off a bridge over 60m. Read that drinking two pint of beer can reduce pain by 24%, so this gives me a bit more courage to do full hanging. I will test out placing the rope above my adam's apple and see how it goes, If that doens't work I don't have many options left besides the last two back up. Any advice is appreciated.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I am not an expert on this method, not having tried it myself, but I do know there has been a lot of discussion about placement in the Megathread. Have you perused that resource?

Reactions: Drimacus
W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021
I've looked into partial as a viable method now that I'm in a psych ward. I can easily find my sweet spot and almost make myself pass out using my hands, but just before I pass out I must get too weak and lose grip. Using a rope, I would place it above the Adam's apple and sort of hooked under the jaw if that makes any sense. Due to being in a psych ward, I haven't been able to practise partial properly. I've got as far as testing whether closing the window on the rope is enough to hold my weight, which it seems to be.

The reason why you want to find the sweet spot is because it's the best way to hang with causing minimal pain and discomfort as possible. If you've ever watched videos of people hanging, those who struggle and try to fight it in full suspension, they haven't hit their sweet spot and so they're just slowly suffocating while conscious. The sweet spot allows you to pass out relatively quickly and therefore be unconscious during that process.

If you can't find your sweet spot when using the rope, try it with your hands first. Put both hands on the back of your neck and lock your fingers together and tilt your head slightly back. With your thumbs, feel around for the edges of your jaw and then move your thumbs slightly over onto your neck. Now put your head straight again and press down and you should feel a pulse on both sides. If your press hard enough you should feel a euphoric feeling as well as dizzy or faint. Keeping that pressure with a rope would cause you to pass out. As I said, with my hands I normally get too weak to keep the pressure, so you probably won't be able to make yourself totally pass out.

logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
It is not as simple as it is often described.

You have to apply enough pressure but without cutting off the air supply.

What often happens is that you are unconscious for a short time and then suddenly wake up again and don't know why.
You then have visible pressure marks in any case...

• Aww..
Reactions: destiny
N

naginng

Jun 19, 2021
Try below adams apple, or above, both works fine but above is more uncomfortable. I tried it with a power cable and it worked right away. Only problem is that you will see marks of the cable, so you wont be able to hide it after practicing.

D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
in full suspension, they haven't hit their sweet spot and so they're just slowly suffocating while conscious.
There's no "sweet spot" in full suspension.
And body moving doesn't equal being conscious or "slowly suffocating" - convulsions happen in partial as well and also other methods, cause dying doesn't look like it does in the movies. It's a process not "bam! a stiff corpse!"

It's been discussed here ad nauseam, with links to research papers and video analysis and... ehhh why even bother.

Reactions: justsayin and Drimacus
W

whatliesbeyond

Jun 12, 2021
And body moving doesn't equal being conscious or "slowly suffocating" - convulsions happen in partial as well and also other methods, cause dying doesn't look like it does in the movies. It's a process not "bam! a stiff corpse!"

It's been discussed here ad nauseam, with links to research papers and video analysis and... ehhh why even bother.
I've seen quite a few video of full Suspension and it looks not as bad as I thought. I just hope the reason it looks so easy for them is not because they are some ''expert''. I know a lot of us are probably making it out to be more complicated than it should be. Full suspension has been around since forever and I doubt any of them really did research like most of us today. Of course all of this is just my personal thoughts, I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong. Just to make sure, if I can't find my ''sweet spot'' during partial, it wouldn't matter when it's full suspension right? My steps are, drinking beer, rope above adam's apple push chair, and hopefully pass out between 10-15 seconds. Let me know if that sounds about right.

W

Whole-Ad

Student
Apr 4, 2021

of course there's a sweet spot in full suspension. Your arteries are still there, they don't just disappear. Ive seen many videos of people hanging as when I pick a method I like to research it properly. I didn't mean movies, i meant real videos like you'd find on gore sites. There was even a thread posted about a woman who thrashed around instantly and for a long time before passing out and then you see convulsions. The point is, it took her a while to pass out compared to other people.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
There's a video about hanging on YouTube that says you need 5kg worth of pressure to the carotid arteries. Does that sound correct? And how is that done?