nbk4755

nbk4755

Nov 4, 2023
Hello, I apologize for asking this but i'm quite stupid. How does one actually complete an attempt via train? I had assumed that at the station itself the train would not be going fast enough and more factors would allow for things to go wrong, so then should it be initiated on a more empty (but accessible) area further along the tracks? If police or the train operator see you lurking nearby tracks will they force you to leave and/or stop the train? (I had assumed that an emergency stop would be initiated if the operator spotted you and suspected an imminent attempt). If so, should it be done at night, and just not in view of the headlights of the train? Should I try to stay out of view of drivers if there is a nearby road? Additionally, there aren't many forested or empty areas nearby the tracks where I live. How should I actually position myself for impact to ensure that it's fatal and doesn't just result in damage/paralysis? Do I lay down, jump near the bottom? What is the actually process like for attempting?

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
You ask a lot about how you should do things, so the quick answer is you shouldn't.

If you don't care about traumatizing other people, there's always a risk this attempt will leave you severely and permanently injured. Would you like to end up in a state in which you wouldn't be able to try again?

nbk4755

nbk4755

Nov 4, 2023
You ask a lot about how you should do things, so the quick answer is you shouldn't.

If you don't care about traumatizing other people, there's always a risk this attempt will leave you severely and permanently injured. Would you like to end up in a state in which you wouldn't be able to try again?
Paralysis or severe permanent damage is horrifying to me and by far the worst thing that could happen... I want to make sure that I can initiate an attempt knowing it will be the only one I will ever have to make. I don't have a lot of options available to me at the moment, especially not any of the more reliable ones, so I'm just trying to find something that would give me a sense of confidence. The risk factor and uncertainty is completely putting me off from trying anything serious with any method, but I feel like I'll eventually get desperate and fail at using a less reliable method. Thank you for the reply, I'm still trying to think through all of this

amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
the quick answer is you shouldn't.
Agreed.

Here's a true story for you. This guy somehow got the cab of his semi stuck on train tracks. This was a long, straight section where trains go through at a good clip, and they have the right of way. (Just the kind of place you'd want to be if you wanted to ctb, right?) Trains can't stop on a dime because of their momentum. So this guy wouldn't do what the 9-1-1 operator told him to and stayed in the cab, trying to get the truck moving off the tracks. And he got hit, and died. But it ended up traumatizing the engineer, who probably had to go through a bunch of other shit like mandatory drug testing.

Getting other people involved in your ctb plan against their will isn't a good idea.