• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
Very painful and probably difficult to do it in a proper way.

Reactions: IdeationIsForever
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
VERY.
Just hitting one by mistake with a tiny hypodermic needle is agony

Caoine01

Caoine01

Experienced
Feb 23, 2023
Isn't it the same procedure as donating blood?

I was okay with the pain.

Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
Isn't it the same procedure as donating blood?

I was okay with the pain.
It's not. They take your blood from your vein, not your artery

• Informative
Reactions: Kattt, IdeationIsForever and donealready
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm not a doctor, but I'd imagine It's likely very painful because of the nerves that will be severed while attempting to get access to the artery. This is also why getting a blood draw from an artery is more painful than a blood draw from a venous vein.

• Informative
Reactions: donealready
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Pretty damn painful and laborious. I have very skinny arms, but I still had to make surprisingly deep incisions before I reached my radial arteries. (The incisions had to be double-stitched by a surgeon, and I couldn't lift heavy objects for weeks while my arms healed.)

I do not recommend this "method"; it's messy, painful, and takes waaaay too long, so you'll likely have to abort your plan after you've been sitting there for hours to no real avail.

And to make matters worse: everyone will know what those large bandages on your arms are there for, even if you do your best to cover them up. And most people won't be compassionate or consider how much emotional pain you must have been in. No, they'll laugh about how stupid and dramatic you are behind your back. Been there, done that. Fuck those callous people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KatyushaHanging and ihatemen420
MlKE

MlKE

Underground-man
Jan 24, 2023
About as painful as a deep cut, with the added terror of seeing lots of blood on the wrong side of your body.

I

IdeationIsForever

Feb 21, 2023
Very painful. Surgeries like carotid endarterectomies couldn't be performed if it weren't for general anaesthesia and post-op painkillers.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Yep. Most of our arteries are protected by bone connective tissue or other, tougher tissues that make them harder to reach. When someone accidentally tries to inject into an artery, firstly...they absolutely know it..and you will too because they will be screaming. Secondly, the pressure pushes the plunger back out, so you have to forcibly hold it in until help arrives. If you do pull it out, as the tendency is when you're in that much pain, it will hit the ceiling due to the force with which it is released. Obviously you're advised to apply as much pressure as possible until either it stops or you can get help. Anything bigger than an artery and you have a matter of minutes. I saw someone die by cutting his throat once, but I believed he drowned in his own blood.
I had a line put into an artery for surgical reasons, but they knocked me out first and when I came to, it was sewn into me. The most accessible would IMO, be the femoral. But it's far from easy.