EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
People that are planing on CTB should understand that every person has the fundamental right to decide what to do with their own bodies.

You didn't decide to pop up in this world, nobody asked your opinion about it, so it's completely natural to decide you simply don't want it, for whatever reason it may be.

You're not being selfish doing the only thing that will guarantee the end of your suffering. The selfish ones are those who force you to stay on a permanent state of suffering only so they don't feel guilty about it or ashamed of others judgement.

For once in your life you have the power, although somewhat restricted, of deciding your own future. It's an inelienable right of every human being.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Superdeterminist and Sprite_Geist
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
1) Make sure you're not endangering others with your method

2) You didn't consent to being born and if anyone should decide when you die it should be you

3) Forcing someone to remain alive to live a shit like is cruelty and selfishness.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Hollowman and Sprite_Geist
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes and wanting to permanently not exist is all that feels right to me personally, I never would have chosen something so immensely undesirable as existence under any circumstances and all I wish for is the eternal absence of it. Only death can bring me peace from all the meaningless suffering existing causes and it's deeply repulsive and unacceptable how suicide isn't seen as a valid personal decision.

Not everyone wants to suffer in an existence so futile and not everyone wishes to delay their inevitable fate just to reach the hopeless abomination of being tortured by old age, I find it terrifying how a human can potentially exist for so long, to have the option to simply die in peace would be such a comfort for me and solve everything.

bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
I'm going to go slightly against the general notion from the above comments.

It's realising it's okay to be selfish sometimes. I'm not saying that ctb is a selfish thing to do, but the reality is, for some people, they won't be able to shake off the guilt of 'hurting others' with their death, or perhaps even 'throwing away' something that is allegedly valuable. I think it's okay to accept these feelings instead of reject them.

You shouldn't really feel guilt, but it's completely okay if you do. This corrupted world is built upon selfish people, so it's okay for us to be selfish too, isn't it?

Reactions: astr4
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
Yeah ofc it's legit I agree. But there is still some kind of guilt for the pain of my closest persons in life gonna experience once I'm gone.
I don't know if guilt is the right word to use but anyway there are some bad feelings mixed with the decision in my case at least.

EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
I completely disagree. Certain things are up to each person to decide for themselves. Would you say that breaking up a relationship that doesn't make you happy is a selfish thing to do because it will hurt your partner? Alternatively, would you feel entitled to ask someone to do something that would make you happy while making them miserable?

If you feel its not your right to do so, why would you think people around you are allowed to have the same control over your life ? If one of my brothers, friends or loved ones decided they don't want to live anymore, I would feel sad, yes, but would never try to prevent them from doing so, especially if my only argument was " but it's going to hurt me so much".

We are not different from anyone, and if you feel you don't have the right to do something so should others.

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. I remind myself of the appalling things I am made to put up with in this life, and that they are far beneath what any conscious being should experience. Beyond being just agonising, it's embarrassing and disgraceful. Like going to the playground at the park and it's just one filthy, broken swing. *This* is life? Yeah, no thanks.