B

BRosenberger

Apr 22, 2023
I have no parents or children or life partner or pets. This makes my decision to CTB less worrisome. However, I have an elder sibling (36). She is married and has a fruitful career as a surgeon. I discussed my intention to off myself before 40 with my sibling on multiple occasions(I am 34). Since she is a doctor, I assume she knows and understands what I am saying. Yet she doesn't react either negatively or positively to my talking about CTB. Not that I want any reaction from her; I just wanted to discuss it upfront in order not to surprise her suddenly out of the blue. I am just wondering aloud in this post whether I should bother about impacting her at all because she herself seems to not really care if I CTB or not. I feel like if she was younger or in some way dependent on me I wouldn't have CTB but as I said, she has a career and a family. I guess at some point I should not worry about affecting her.

• Hugs
Reactions: RainAndSadness and Forever Sleep
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Yeah, she seems fine. No need to take her dependencies on you into consideration, as she seems to have virtually none. Maybe there's other people whose issues need attending

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmmm, is she a caring person in general? Maybe it's that she's conflicted. Like- if a friend told me they wanted/ intended to CTB- I'm not entirely sure how I'd react. I mean- I hope I'd tell them they could talk to me about anything. Beyond that though- it's tricky. If I try and convince them out of it- Is that because I'm being selfish? Because I don't want to lose them? But then- I know I shouldn't be like that- if they are suffering enough to want to CTB- it isn't fair for me to guilt trip them. Plus- I believe in the right to choose. So- I suppose I would know I couldn't do that. Is your sister pro-choice do you know?

With regards to doing it and what effect it may have. That's hard to judge really. Just because she isn't gushing and trying to stop you- doesn't mean she doesn't care. Still- seeing as she isn't- it does kind of suggest that a part of her would respect your decision- even if it did upset her. It's hard to judge really- you know her best. Of course, none of us can really tell how people would react. Still- it's just a sad consequence of it all really.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think it's a personal decision when to leave this world regardless of what other people would think, none of us are obligated to continue suffering and we are all waiting around to die anyway. But at least opening up about wanting to die didn't cause your sibling to try and interfere, that would be the worse thing.