O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I would ideally like benzos to deal with physical panic symptoms and SI. But how much of a difference do they really make when you're completely sure of what you're doing anyway and know you're making a rational decision? I know SI kicks in regardless, so that's why I'm asking how much benzos will help. I'd like them it's just a bit of a pain to get them.

• Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful
T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
I'm pretty sure if you can force yourself to down the first dose and potentially a second one in the case that you throw up, you should be good. From my understanding, everything else is a luxury. I'm planning on only taking the SN and some Ibuprofen and Tagamet to make it absorb quicker.

Reactions: deathsisarelief
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I'm pretty sure if you can force yourself to down the first dose and potentially a second one in the case that you throw up, you should be good. From my understanding, everything else is a luxury. I'm planning on only taking the SN and some Ibuprofen and Tagamet to make it absorb quicker.
Yeah I just don't want SI to kick in and I call for help. I'm wondering if benzos would help enough to prevent that, or if it's more about just being concretely sure in your plans. But yeah I have heard of people succeeding without benzos or AEs

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
Yeah I just don't want SI to kick in and I call for help. I'm wondering if benzos would help to prevent that, or if it's more about just being concretely sure in your plans. But yeah I have heard of people succeeding without benzos or AEs
You could always just handcuff yourself to something that won't move and destroy all of your electronics to make sure you won't

Reactions: divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
You could always just handcuff yourself to something that won't move and destroy all of your electronics to make sure you won't
True. I'm hoping it won't be thaaat much of a trouble because I have reasoned long and hard about this, but you really don't know until you're in that situation I guess

C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I know other people here didn't call for help without Benzos, but individuals have different levels of SI....Benzos don't prevent negative thoughts but they do sedate you. They would be useful if but they are not necessary for everyone.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and offbalance
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I know other people here didn't call for help without Benzos, but individuals have different levels of SI....Benzos don't prevent negative thoughts but they do sedate you. They would be useful if but they are not necessary for everyone.
Yeah the unpredictability of it kind of scares me. I mean I have an idea of how my SI will be and hopefully I'm right, but you can't completely know until it's happening. Just wish the dark web wasn't tedious lol

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and CantDoIt
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It definitely comes down to how dedicated you are and how sure you are of your decision but it won't be easy. Our body naturally doesn't wanna die and you will be trying to work against that. It can be especially harder if you are an anxious person. I will likely be going the no benzos route, I'm not sure if I can get them or if I even want them, but I'm expecting a rough ride until the moment i drink it. Hopefully it won't be too rough, I'm counting on my sheer willpower to see my plan through.

• Love
Reactions: sevennn, sorrowful, offbalance and 1 other person
N

nobob

Aug 9, 2024
I booked a hotel room for my SN attempt and followed Stan's guide. After taking the benzos I calmed down, and wanted to wait for another day, then I felt pressure from having an elaborate setup, tasted the SN, got scared, called a poison information service, which then called an ambulance for me, and the police went to the hotel and took my SN.

Next time, I will take the benzos after the SN, enough to fall asleep.

Reactions: divinemistress36, mfjajs and CantDoIt
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I booked a hotel room for my SN attempt and followed Stan's guide. After taking the benzos I calmed down, and wanted to wait for another day, then I felt pressure from having an elaborate setup, tasted the SN, got scared, called a poison information service, which then called an ambulance for me, and the police went to the hotel and took my SN.

I am so sorry for this but thanks for telling us. The PPh guide DOES suggest Benzos afterwards as described here.

Maybe I will do it that way now that you mention it, if I can get the Benzos.

• Hugs
Reactions: nobob
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021

Did you test the benzos before booking the hotel room? If I get them I want to test them to make sure they don't increase my SI instead of decreasing it like what I want

Reactions: nobob
N

nobob

Aug 9, 2024
Did you test the benzos before booking the hotel room? If I get them I want to test them to make sure they don't increase my SI instead of decreasing it like what I want
Yes, I have experience with benzos. They start working after about 20 minutes and makes you really calm, that is probably why it was reccomended to take them before the SN, because of the delayed effect.
Just having access to benzos and knowing that you can take them helps for panic.

Last edited:
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Yes, I have experience with benzos. They start working after about 20 minutes and makes you really calm, that is probably why it was reccomended to take them before the SN, because of the delayed effect.
Just having access to benzos and knowing that you can take them helps for panic.
So would you say it was the benzos that stopped you that day, or was it just simply the wrong day?

N

nobob

Aug 9, 2024
So would you say it was the benzos that stopped you that day, or was it just simply the wrong day?
The benzos stopped my suicidal impulse. I set a date too far into the future for my attempt as well, and started to have second thoughts too, I guess.

Reactions: CantDoIt