Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I have been back in therapy since 2014. I get my recipes for Stilnox and Mirtazapine there. my therapist is actually very nice, more of a life coach than a therapist. Unfortunately, she does not help me so much in those problems that I originally went for. of course I do not tell her about my suicidal thoughts but there are a few other problems in my life. I do not know if I should stop the therapy.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
since I was 12. I don't want to count how many years that's been. Obviously I've had breaks but I worry it'll always be in my life.

If you are having suicidal thoughts I'm not sure if quitting is a good idea?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
since I was 12. I don't want to count how many years that's been. Obviously I've had breaks but I worry it'll always be in my life.

If you are having suicidal thoughts I'm not sure if quitting is a good idea?

That's a long time actually...

Yes you r right. Yes I didn't set a deadline but at the moment I am worried about the taste of N and that I think its impossible to drink 200. ml :(

Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
18 months with my current therapist.

6 months with my previous.

I just started seeing a ph.d for specialized therapy, so now I am seeing a therapist twice a week.

Does it helps to you?

Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Do you have N already?

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I fired my therapist 2 months ago when she told me that Happiness is a choice, and that I could just flip a switch in my brain. Like WTF?!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Going Home, 52shriek and 4 others
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Since leaving my psychiatrist who was in another state, I've been seeing one who is virtually no more than a pill mill. The whole appt takes 10-15 minutes TOPS. It's a joke, but I don't have the means to do anything about it at the moment.

Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I fired my therapist 2 months ago when she told me that Happiness is a choice, and that I could just flip a switch in my brain. Like WTF?!

WTF? I hate that kind of empty phrases! "Yes of cours how could we forget that detail??!" omg.. you did the right thing!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Thoughtforms
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
Je vois un psychothĆ©rapeute depuis septembre et qui est coach de vie en mĆŖme temps et depuis que je la voyais dans ma tĆŖte, c'est le bordel que j'avais qui va droit ah Ć  gauche et de haut en bas mais la solitude me pĆØse

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Since before some of you were born: I popped my first prozac 19th years ago and I've done practically only pills therapy until 3 years ago when I changed doctor and now I'm doing both pills and words.

EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Since before some of you were born: I popped my first prozac 19th years ago and I've done practically only pills therapy until 3 years ago when I changed doctor and now I'm doing both pills and words.
OMG, I took Prozac for the first time 22 years ago. Christ, I feel old... Since then, it feels like I've tried just about every medication for major depressive disorder that there is. At this point I'm considered treatment resistant.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and agreement
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
OMG, I took Prozac for the first time 22 years ago. Christ, I feel old... Since then, it feels like I've tried just about every medication for major depressive disorder that there is. At this point I'm considered treatment resistant.

I've saved for a while all the packages of my dozens of different pills, at one point I bought a poster of a US city skyline (Seattle maybe IDK) and made a collage replacing the skyscrapers with the side of pills boxes

I may have titled it "Mindscape" or even something more poignant ;-)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wiIIow
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
That's insulting.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Letting Go and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've been on and off with therapy and counseling throughout my life. Needless to say, it has been mostly a time waste and disappointment. While I haven't had to pay for therapy as mine were through the school/college (which is included in my tuition and part of being a student), it was still at the least, a waste of time, energy, and risky (saying the wrong thing leads them to probe, or ask questions, or worst case being locked up).

My first encounter with therapy was during childhood, like during elementary school, and my parents paid for it back then. Didn't really find it useful at all, just went because it was obligatory by my parents. In high school, also a time waste, and in college I went just because otherwise I would have failed a class (due to no sufficient reason for poor performance) so once again, another necessary move to just keep my academic career alive. So yeah therapy and counseling has just been useless at best and potentially dangerous to my freedom (if locked up against my will).

Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
mostly those are "psycho. Therapists "who have never experienced shit in their lives and who should help me? everything is played down from this awful people

Bread

Bread

Avoid if allergic to gluten
Dec 1, 2018
I've been in therapy since I was thirteen, I'm in my early twenties now. Tried talking, tried pills, none of it has ever helped me. In fact, some of my therapists and psychiatrists have said things to me which damaged me permanently. Now I can't look at any problem without thinking it's all my fault. I didn't know I could hate myself more than I already did.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and cupio dissolvi
L

Letting Go

Oct 30, 2018
I've been out of therapy for nearly five years. Firing my last psychologist was one of the best decisions of my life. I was ready to strangle him to death!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Bread