ETgirl

ETgirl

silver tongue devil
Jul 22, 2024
How long does sodium nitrite last if kept in an airtight container and unmixed?

Thanks 👽

Last edited:
Reactions: kinderbueno
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024

3 years is the commonly cited amount of time. but it's possible it could last even longer. but i'd count on 3 years just to be safe.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and ETgirl
Bitchophrenic

Bitchophrenic

Certified Violent Bitchophrenic
Sep 16, 2024
checked it out, and sodium nitrite should have a shelf life of at minimum 3 years if kept unmixed

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and ETgirl
ETgirl

ETgirl

silver tongue devil
Jul 22, 2024

3 years is the commonly cited amount of time. but it's possible it could last even longer. but i'd count on 3 years just to be safe.
Thanks. Maybe best to secure it now, even if I'm still unsure. I'm not sure how much longer we'll have access in the UK.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Thanks. Maybe best to secure it now, even if I'm still unsure. I'm not sure how much longer we'll have access in the UK.
indeed. same goes for those residing in the US, as they are actively trying to pass a bill to make SN above 10% purity outright illegal - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/4310 only a matter of time before it becomes law, since the house passed it back in May

and i'm willing to bet that the UK is gonna do the same soon, as SN is already a reportable substance there. so if you're at all thinking about using it in the future, or you'd just like to have it on hand, now's probably the time.

Reactions: ETgirl