T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
So one of my biggest worries is being mispronounced dead. As far as I can see it, there is 3 options.

1. buried without embalming
  2. buried with embalming
  3. cremation
For 1, the idea of waking up in a small box sounds horrible. For 2, the following video kinda explains why being mispronounced dead would be a fear.

As far as 3, I know it's massively cheaper. I also know on the low end the furnace can be 1400 degrees F. But I have no idea how long someone can survive that.

So how long can someone survive being cremated? If you can, please leave sources.

Reactions: Circles
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
It's very unlikely for it to happen these days as they go through many protocols to make sure you are dead, along with technology. Before we even had technology, it was so much easier to mispronounce deaths and that lead to so many unfortunate circumstances.

Reactions: Shinbu, Fragile and Circles
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
It's quite routine to do an autopsy for people that commit suicide in almost all Western counties. 99,5% of suicides in my county get one. At the latest here they would realize their mistake.
Mispronounciations are basically non existent in todays (developed) counties.
Burials and cremations usually do take some time, if a funeral is prepared it takes between 1 and 4, rarely 6, weeks until the service is held (depends on multiple factors, such as autopsy scale, age of the deceased, date picked by the person organising the funeral, availability of venue/ coffin/ priest/ wake etcetc) even if you pre-plan your funeral and declare it was a suicide, you will not be 'rushed' into the ground, it will actually delay everything. Suicides are looked into pretty thoroughly, similar to homicides (and at least here they are treated as homicides until they are convinced it was a suicide, even if you leave a hand written note), they take a longer time to be processed than normal age or disease related deaths. If you survive all that without anyone noticing, that would be an absolute miracle.

Reactions: BlueWidow, Brick In The Wall and Circles
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
It's quite routine to do an autopsy for people that commit suicide in almost all Western counties. 99,5% of suicides in my county get one. At the latest here they would realize their mistake.
Mispronounciations are basically non existent in todays (developed) counties.
Burials and cremations usually do take some time, if a funeral is prepared it takes between 1 and 4, rarely 6, weeks until the service is held (depends on multiple factors, such as autopsy scale, age of the deceased, date picked by the person organising the funeral, availability of venue/ coffin/ priest/ wake etcetc) even if you pre-plan your funeral and declare it was a suicide, you will not be 'rushed' into the ground, it will actually delay everything. Suicides are looked into pretty thoroughly, similar to homicides (and at least here they are treated as homicides until they are convinced it was a suicide, even if you leave a hand written note), they take a longer time to be processed than normal age or disease related deaths. If you survive all that without anyone noticing, that would be an absolute miracle.
I live in America and my friend killed herself and there was no autopsy. It was stated in her letter why she did it... chronic pain condition and even the police in town knew about her. No autopsy was necessary. The fentanyl patches all over her chest and the pill bottles all around her basically told the reason as to why she died.

Reactions: BlueWidow, Brick In The Wall and a_strange_day
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
It's very unlikely

Unlikely, but it can still happen. On the off chance, I am trying to figure out how long would I suffer before dying.

Think of it like winning the lottery. But this lottery, you don't want to win and everyone has a ticket.