• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ForceUser101

ForceUser101

May 29, 2022
When it actually comes down to it, how easy is it to actually CTB if you really want to and do your research? I've heard many people (who are probably pro-lifers) say it is really hard to CTB and there are no painless methods and whatever you do, its incredibly painless, but I've personally thought this was all BS. I think that CTB is relatively easy (if you do your research) if you don't rush things and set up the right method. However, the hardest part I would say is mentally going through with it as anyone who is considering CTB got mentally fucked by whatever life threw at them.
What are your thoughts and do you all agree the mental part is the hardest part when it comes to CTB, and that the actual method is not too difficult?

Reactions: Jisatsu_55265181910, absolomonisgone and Yavannah
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
I would say it entirely depends. There isn't a blanket situation. Depends on the method and the person.

There are two sides to it. The body doesn't just die easily, when it is not ready to. It fights. So that means the force or mechanism has to be overwhelming, and a lot of people underestimate this part and therefore fail.

The second is of course the various mental aspects. Survival instinct, worry about those around us etc. Even harder to overcome.

So overall it's not that easy. Are there "easy" methods in existence? Yeah, but only in so far as the physical aspect, and even then there are a lot of asterisks attached including availability and technicality of the method.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Jisatsu_55265181910 and metalpi
metalpi

metalpi

Feb 13, 2023
it depends, i agree. many people die w/o intent, especially drug addicts. imo, drug assisted suicide is the easiest way to go as long as your serious and in sound mind given they have a high morality population

Reactions: ghostpersonthing, sundown12 and Jisatsu_55265181910
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Well sure, we all have that pesky thing called "survival instinct" (which would be part of the mental aspect of ctb) that's been engrained in our DNA since forever. So you've gotta get past that; but if you're ready, it won't be as big of a feat, maybe? Who knows; but we've all gotta face SI to some degree, and it isn't always easy.

Secondly, there are slight differences in each of our physiologies; so different substances/methods have the potential to react in a variety of manners within our bodies, and we cannot easily predict 100% of those reactions. Something might work beautifully for one person but fail miserably for another.

Lastly, securing a space with enough privacy for a prolonged period of time (in which someone can carry out the entirety of their ctb) often proves to be a major obstacle. In other words: many a person would have passed had they not been found and "saved."

With all three of these factors at play, I'd argue that ctb is not so easy afterall.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Jisatsu_55265181910 and itsoktobewrong
metalpi

metalpi

Feb 13, 2023
I would say it entirely depends. There isn't a blanket situation. Depends on the method and the person.

There are two sides to it. The body doesn't just die easily, when it is not ready to. It fights. So that means the force or mechanism has to be overwhelming, and a lot of people underestimate this part and therefore fail.

The second is of course the various mental aspects. Survival instinct, worry about those around us etc. Even harder to overcome.

So overall it's not that easy. Are there "easy" methods in existence? Yeah, but only in so far as the physical aspect, and even then there are a lot of asterisks attached including availability and technicality of the method.
I don't agree with the last part. Drugs to get are so much easier than people think they are... it's why opioid are the leading cause of morality in the US and other countries... and those drugs can get rid of the survival instinct

Reactions: Jisatsu_55265181910
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
I don't agree with the last part. Drugs to get are so much easier than people think they are... it's why opioid are the leading cause of morality in the US and other countries... and those drugs can get rid of the survival instinct
That's only one aspect of it. Many people fail in an attempt to overdose. Probably one of the main methods associated with failure.

Also, the situation around drugs is different everywhere. What is available in the US is not necessarily the same in Europe, half this site probably aren't in the US and the quality of drugs on the street is often unknown or highly variable. So we can't just say that because drug X is available in one location that it's the answer for everyone.

It's not this home run that makes it "easy."

Reactions: TapeMachine and Jisatsu_55265181910
metalpi

metalpi

Feb 13, 2023
That's only one aspect of it. Many people fail in an attempt to overdose. Probably one of the main methods associated with failure.

Also, the situation around drugs is different everywhere. What is available in the US is not necessarily the same in Europe, half this site probably aren't in the US and the quality of drugs on the street is often unknown or highly variable. So we can't just say that because drug X is available in one location that it's the answer for everyone.

It's not this home run that makes it "easy."
I understand that, sorry for the indiscrepancy. also darknet, easier and higher quality (usually or just get RCs)

Last edited:
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It is hard. Very hard. Unless you're lucky and stumble upon an easy method. I have no fucking idea how kids manage it. But remember it takes an average of 20 attempts. So not easy at all

Reactions: Jisatsu_55265181910 and egirlsuicides
metalpi

metalpi

Feb 13, 2023
It is hard. Very hard. Unless you're lucky and stumble upon an easy method. I have no fucking idea how kids manage it. But remember it takes an average of 20 attempts. So not easy at all
dark net

egirlsuicides

egirlsuicides

Feb 14, 2023
not easy unless you choose a very reliable method (gunshot). i've tried more than once and was seriously upset and pissed off that i wasnt able to achieve my goal

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
I don't think it's as hard as people make it out to be. Children have committed suicide. One as young as 6 years old according to my research. Getting to that point is the hard part, overcoming survival instincts and acting on pure impulse. If you're truly desperate to die you'll find a way regardless of what methods you may or may not have at your disposal. People in prison have done it with little more than a bedsheet to work with. I think a lot of us who are still here maybe have an ideal way to die and are not willing to consider other options. Or maybe we're sticking around hoping for things to get better cause that's all we know how. That's my opinion, anyway

Reactions: Raven2 and Jisatsu_55265181910
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really don't believe that suicide is easy at all. If it was I would already be gone. I think that if I had a peaceful and reliable way to leave this world I would have no problems going through with suicide but the problem lies in the fact that this pro suffering society does everything to restrict method options.

If suicide was really easy then there wouldn't be all of these endless method threads on here with people struggling to find ways to die and of course there is also the fact that many methods involve risks and people have to find significant time where they won't be disturbed by someone else in order to succeed. So at least to me, suicide is certainly something very difficult and I hate it when people say things like "if you really wanted to die you would already be gone", those people have clearly never researched suicide and yes it can make suicide seem easier than it actually is when you hear of many people succeeding with methods like hanging but the reality is that it's simply not that straightforward.

D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Well, OP, as far as I'm aware all the active users of this forum are alive, which means that they either never tried to ctb, or tried and failed. You can get only some biased feedback from suicidal people who are alive. So it likely isn't that easy. Still suicide is an important cause of death in some groups. It's serious enough to make the governments restrict the means. The problem with some objective feedback about it is that we can't ask the dead ones…

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Your physical body will do anything to keep working. That's why people rip plastic bags off their heads, struggle out of rope holds and why people who OD throw up. Many of the people who OD on drugs really die from choking on their own vomit. That's your body's way of trying to keep on going. It's why SN folks prepare a second glass. Because your physical body - no matter what you're thinking - is designed to keep on going.

Sapphire

Sapphire

-
Nov 22, 2022
The hardest part is the mental preparation. You have to psychologically accept your own death or you won't be able to go through with it. Then you have to overcome all of your natural instincts which tell you that death is bad and should be avoided at all costs. The rest is easy in comparison. It doesn't matter if you have the perfect most reliable method available. If you aren't mentally prepared and completely at peace with dying, you won't be able to go through with it.

Last edited: