N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
"What's new?" Or "what have you been up to?"
They are such simple, every day questions. But I always fear them. It always makes me feel worse about my life. I never have anything to say. My answer is always "nothing." When I had a job it was especially torturous. Also hated the question" what did you do this weekend?" I never knew if I should lie or just say "nothing. "I know I seemed so boring to them and it made me fee like a complete freak.
many of us here lead solitary, and let's face it, boring lives. Does anyone else feel worse when they get them?
The only thing new in my life recently is joining sasu. But somehow, I don't think "well, I recently joined a suicide forum!" Is a good answer :pfff:

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Oeoe3, divinemistress36, Metalhead and 3 others
sillyprincessmeow

sillyprincessmeow

Jul 21, 2022
You may live a boring life, but you can always say "oh I watched a ____" or "I was relaxing" those are just some ways to answer the question. Myself personally, I also don't really like the question because I never really do anything much either. I just sit around and hang out with my boyfriend Lol

Reactions: NoPoint2Life and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I always give an evasive answer.
I also quickly change the subject of the conversation.

When someone asks me these types of questions, I'm afraid they'll ask too many questions that I don't have an answer for, but overall I don't feel much worse.
I just try to avoid talking about myself because I have nothing interesting to say.
I don't want to be a mythomaniac, so I don't want to create lies, but sometimes I have to a little to arouse less suspicion.

Reactions: Metalhead, NoPoint2Life and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I think it's how busy people try to relax and comfort themselves. Or because they think they might have good ideas to share with each other.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
Upvote 0
Romanticize

Romanticize

Aug 22, 2024
yea i answer "nothing much" or "business as usual" (or if they ask how's the weekend been I answer "passed so quickly") and they see that I dont wanna continue the talk because I dont engage in the talk in the sense I dont listen acttively, I dont ask questions for interlocutor like "yeaah, i've been there, done that, AND YOU??" I just answer to this like its a boring question, I dont even take my eyes off a monitor, and they see my disinterest + body language and after 3-4 tries, they don't usually ask those questions anymore.

do not give any specific details "WHERE have you been, WHAT have you watched etc" - because it gives them fuel for next questions and to continue the talk. Just answer like a jerk (they started calling me "antisocial" when I rejected some grills, picnics, and was responding like that) and yes, people at my work were such low-class, stupid, I dont have a single mutual topic to talk to them. So I was even happy to be labeled antisocial by them, because I kow they wont talk to me anymore, they dont phone me too. It's my success.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter and NoPoint2Life
Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I manage to actually stay pretty busy out of necessity, so I usually just tell them about how the mundane things in my life are going. I'm always doing something so I can talk about that to avoid having to mention how meaningless it all feels or how little time I have left. I'm still working on my degree despite it all, so I usually just talk about what I'm doing in class.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I say "just been chillin" then try to redirect the question away from me and start asking questions about them

Reactions: BrainShower
Upvote 0