Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
i wish i could be a workaholic but ive been stuck in bed for maybe 2-3 weeks, barely finishing my freelance job.. i keep resting and sleeping but to no avail, my mental health is at all time low.

friend.. seemingly dont care, and i feel like a begging dog for some affection at them just asking to chat. i want to be better or focus on more productive things, but my brain is rly at escapism mode right now..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Zanmato, Official Lost-cause and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i personally found that even though i wasnt doing anything physically, that mentally continuing to tell myself to get off my a$$ wasnt getting me anywhere. it was keeping me just as exhausted as doing it.

its easier said than done, but i found that letting my mind rest as well was the answer for me. im still in the recovery stages, but im also feeling significantly better. "i deserve this break, dont worry about. my mind/body, is acting up for a reason" 🫂💜

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
i personally found that even though i wasnt doing anything physically, that mentally continuing to tell myself to get off my a$$ wasnt getting me anywhere. it was keeping me just as exhausted as doing it.

its easier said than done, but i found that letting my mind rest as well was the answer for me. im still in the recovery stages, but im also feeling significantly better. "i deserve this break, dont worry about. my mind/body, is acting up for a reason" 🫂💜
i feel like frpm time to time i need to lay down for a month straight tho. it especially sucks since art is a competitive field, if i dont practice a lot i'll be at even worst place

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
sorry if i sound dismissive but i am just that mediocre to the point if im not putting up more efforts it wont show up at all. especially when i suck at making social connections.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i feel like frpm time to time i need to lay down for a month straight tho.
sadly that can be accurate. ive been 'bed bound' for awhile healing physically and mentally

but piling more on top of yourself isnt gonna make whats underneath go away

(just personally what ive found)

JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Student
Sep 10, 2024
Freelancing is crappy stuff, I did it as a photographer, earned so little money it was pointless, I was so ill I ended up on benefits, a decade on still here. Admittedly I am now physically disabled, where before I was just mentally unwell. I'd never work freelance again.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Freelancing is crappy stuff, I did it as a photographer, earned so little money it was pointless, I was so ill I ended up on benefits, a decade on still here. Admittedly I am now physically disabled, where before I was just mentally unwell. I'd never work freelance again.
im a college dropout and finding decent employment is hard here in my country, especially when you are 25+ with no job experience and degree. freelance has better wage than common part time job/server job as well.

but yea, it kinda tanks on me mentally rn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zanmato and JoysoftheEmptiness
H

HeadTikker

Oct 20, 2024
Just a thought, but maybe you just aren't ready to rest if it doesn't help. Part of the issue is our shit economy which creates a lot of resistance and demoralization. I've definitely been there. If you can get some parents money start going to school for a trade. It's just.. something, ya know?