Tiktok

Tiktok

Feb 21, 2020
I have no friends, not online and not in real life. I used to have online friends a few years ago. It is so difficult to not talk to anyone at all. How do you guys make friends online (if you have any)? Not from this site though

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl, Sabriel, terry_a_davis and 3 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I have no friends, not online and not in real life. I used to have online friends a few years ago. It is so difficult to not talk to anyone at all. How do you guys make friends online (if you have any)? Not from this site though
There are so many different people here... you can make online friends here but talk woth them mainly aboit topics unrelated to suicide.

Reactions: Final Escape
G

Generic

Jan 9, 2020
Discord might work. Join a ton of servers (check out disboard.org/discord.me), leave the ones you don't like. Eventually, you'll find like-minded people and continue talking to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: terry_a_davis, josainsplorgat, Largeletters and 1 other person
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
^ discord's great.

you can also join other online forums that circulate around people's interests/hobbies/identities. for instance, i'm part of an lgbt+ forum.

oh, and all sorts of subreddits if you don't already have reddit.

• Love
Reactions: Largeletters
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Reddit helps. I believe they have specific areas for this, and if not, I see posts about it a lot. There are some real assholes on Reddit, but some real great people too. I met a guy on there and we've been talking fairly consistently on Discord for almost two years.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Tell them what they want to hear

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, disabledandhopeless, Oyoy and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I struggle to keep conversation and almost get bored easily. I feel overwhelmed when I have to reply to people and it becomes too much. I've ghosted and ignored so many people, it's not because I don't like them or I'm trying to be rude, it's because social interaction is too much. Becuase of this, it's so hard to make and maintain friends. Online or offline.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, deadpixels, Despondent and 3 others
TeenIdle

TeenIdle

Feb 29, 2020
I struggle to keep conversation and almost get bored easily. I feel overwhelmed when I have to reply to people and it becomes too much. I've ghosted and ignored so many people, it's not because I don't like them or I'm trying to be rude, it's because social interaction is too much. Becuase of this, it's so hard to make and maintain friends. Online or offline.
Wow I feel so so related to this. Talking to me is so unnatural and mentally tiring. I just can't keep conversations very easily, so I get anxious when I come across someone on the street or work and feel forced to interact with people. But at the same time I wish I could interact normally with people...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kikoo Loool and BPD Barbie
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
I have no idea. I don't have any friends either and I always heard advices like ''go on forums based on interests you like or try online games! You'll surely make friends there!'' I tried them both,no results. It's like people nowadays don't want friends anymore. Someone above mentioned Reddit. I tried Reddit for years,indeed they have subreddits dedicated to make friends but I never managed to make a friend on there because they ghost or they respond with one word answers or just don't reply at all to your offering message even if in their post they're like ''I'm so lonely omg i hav no friends im desperate plz pm me''. So,the conclusion is clear. This forum is the last chance I'm giving to making friends.

Reactions: Sabriel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Making friends suck. I struggle with conversations but i realise a lot of that is becasue ive not been brought up around normal social situations, so dont know how to act or talk. Ive tried making friends but I get no where so end up being rude and just ignore people

• Hugs
Reactions: Sabriel and Oyoy
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I'd have been able to answer this a few years ago as I seemed to collect a massive amount of online friends from all over the world. Now, I can barely hold a conversation with anyone. I've changed a bit I know, but I've also noticed folk are a lot more standoffish, more cynical and if you show them any friendliness they seem to look for a catch.

The longer social media has gone on, the less social people have become. I notice it hugely in videogames too, as little as 5 years ago you could join a game lobby and people would be chatting away, usually at least half - and yeah some were trolls but mostly you'd get normal guys and lasses chatting. Now, it's rare as rocking horse shit for anyone to have a mic, and half the time if they do they don't speak, you just hear music or breathing.

If you want to talk to anyone online now, the best way seems to start an argument. Be nice to someone and they'll often ignore you, insult them and you'll have a hard time getting rid of them. It's a peculiar phenomena, so many angry, argumentative folk around. It wasn't always like that, I've been online since the MSN and Wap days, and I frequented the chat rooms on Dreamarena for the Dreamcast long before social media was a big thing - people were far more friendly and approachable then, even the trolls were amusing and not that offensive.

Reactions: Sabriel