T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Most want to leave the world a better place. How do you know if you did? Or how do you know if you made it into a worst place?

Reactions: Righttodie
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Most want to leave the world a better place. How do you know if you did? Or how do you know if you made it into a worst place?

I reckon it depends on one's philosophy. One might make it a better place by helping a relative or neighbour complete some chores. Or by getting laws changed to halt some kind of injustice. Or by improving one's own behaviour.

Reactions: Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Sometimes people tell you that you had a good impact on their lives.

Other than that we have our standards for goodness.
Some don't really care for making the world a better place, rather just live their own lives.
I just care about people whom I am close to(not many, and none around anymore), but it doesn't mean I don't try and show kindness to whomsoever I can.

I guess you will have to judge for yourself or see if someone thinks you have made the world a better place.

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I try so hard. It's basically a long drawn out method of suicide

Reactions: Woodnote, Isittimetogonola and Righttodie
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
There is no way of knowing. Causality is so complex and morality is ultimately ambiguous. An act of kindness could conceivably cause horrendous disaster, while an assassination could bring in a new era of peace.
One could argue that it's all about intent but we all know what the road to Hell is paved with.

Reactions: Thatdude and Righttodie