lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
I'm worried about my brother I follow him on Spotify and today I saw a playlist he made recently (I won't say the exact name just in case) titled along the lines of "killing myself soon"

could this just be a playlist name or a sign? also, what are some other signs people give?

I'm sorry if this seems silly, I'm just really anxious since I'm going to CTB in a few weeks

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, Forever Sleep and fleetingnight
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
There's no good answer that I'm aware of. If you have a good relationship with him you could privately ask if he's ok. Most people won't say much about catching the bus though for fear of being committed. If you go talk to somebody else then you may have "saved his life" but he may never trust you again. Maybe just ask if he's ok or tell him that you're willing to talk if he needs/wants help with anything. Even that could be difficult if he waits until after you CTB to reach out. It's up to you but this is a nice forum and lots of people can chime in or assist you with your questions. Maybe somebody on the recovery forum can provide similar experiences they went through?

Reactions: lostinwoe
returntothevoid

returntothevoid

curiosity kills
Jul 20, 2023
Uh, yeah that seems like a pretty blaring red sign. I have a SoundCloud (I keep it to myself and no one knows the name of it) and oddly I did a very similar thing, I guess it must be common, I have a private playlist called drowning and another one called about to die. I made them a while ago but they've been an outlet for my suicidal feelings. I really don't think your brother would have made such a playlist if he wasn't really seriously considering it.

Reactions: lostinwoe
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
Uh, yeah that seems like a pretty blaring red sign. I have a SoundCloud (I keep it to myself and no one knows the name of it) and oddly I did a very similar thing, I guess it must be common, I have a private playlist called drowning and another one called about to die. I made them a while ago but they've been an outlet for my suicidal feelings. I really don't think your brother would have made such a playlist if he wasn't really seriously considering it.
yeah, I did the same exact thing that's the main reason that I'm worried

Last edited:
lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
Maybe just ask if he's ok or tell him that you're willing to talk if he needs/wants help with anything
thank you, I'll ask him when he gets home tonight, I think he's working right now I'm just super paranoid probably just too much nicotine