Oct 2, 2023
how the fuck do i get a job in something im passionate about that doesn't make me lose my passion and can pay for an apartment and my dog and me and my partner and car and hrt and will sustain me and to still have free time and pay for my ssri medicine and trying not to kill myself

it all feels like so much so suddenly and i don't know what to do how do i find a career in art that can sustain me without dying :( and not lose my love for art :(

• Hugs
Reactions: TheB0Ar, Forever Sleep, todeswunsch and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm in the same boat search for a job like that, that allows me to be able to live my life again, pays everything and all that, after I had a big failure several years ago. Hard to find sth like that unfortunately. I wish you all the best and hope you can find a way out!

• Hugs
Reactions: TheB0Ar, 109 and SmollMushroom
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
True, I really envy people who get passionate about stuff very easily and they remain passionate about them for a really long time, sometimes their entire life.
I never understood how they do it, i guess it's just a bliss.
I might have some disturb, but for me, every time I get passionate and good at something, I immediately get bored with it.
My brain goes: 'Oh well, if I can do it so well, than it can't be a cool thing'. And I lose all the passion about whatever that was.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, 109 and Praestat_Mori
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I used to love my programming, it was my passion. Then I started programming to pay my bills and suddenly I'm not that passionate anymore.
My last job was what I thought of a dreamjob. Nice salary, working remote overseas, in the area I used to be passionate about.
But life is a whore.
I got too stressed on my that job, too much overwork, that I completely snapped, quit my job, and had to be back to my parents home to get support.
Was unemployed for several months, got back working recently.
I think you can't love what pay your bills.
Maybe work is meant to be bad and our passions kept as hobbies.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Like how even water can be poisonous, everything, even what we love most, can be too much in excess.
I've heard this said by people who make money off the things I love, too... To say to take a break once you feel burnt out on it.

Had many phases in life where I could do whatever I wanted for a while, and I ended up miserable.
My best time was a mix - working job(s) I didn't particularly care for while following my hobbies on the side.
I think we need balance to be okay sustainably...

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
how the fuck do i get a job in something im passionate about that doesn't make me lose my passion and can pay for an apartment and my dog and me and my partner and car and hrt and will sustain me and to still have free time and pay for my ssri medicine and trying not to kill myself

it all feels like so much so suddenly and i don't know what to do how do i find a career in art that can sustain me without dying :( and not lose my love for art :(
After HS I went to art school BUT I found out the only way to make money is in marketing and I didn't want to support that, so I dropped out my first year.

I'm just gonna say it's not easy, in any field. I spent another 6 years in school while after that, nearly losing my mind many many times while studying. I eventually finished and got a decent job. Even then, I'm pretty lucky.

Nothing like that comes for free, not in this society. You have to suffer short term to gain that long term pleasure, and that's not even a guarantee. But what is a guarantee if you only seek short term pleasure, you will be rewarded with long term pain. That's unfortunately how it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten and Praestat_Mori