O

octopusinu

Sep 30, 2023
I have some stuff of sentimental values that i cannot make myself to just chuck them in the garbage(ie. think custom made little dolls of my characters made by a relatively important friend), but I also don't want my family member to just take them after I die because they will definitely treat it as some toy they can give away to their other offspring. The best I can come up with is to resell or regift them to a stranger online that will cherish them, If i didn't live in the city I would bury or burn them, any other way might be preferable so im open to other ideas!!please help!

• Hugs
Reactions: Catch-22
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
I'd advise not giving them away, you might survive your attempt and regret it. If I were you I'd accept that they might be given to other family members, or to charity, when you die.

Another option might be to ask a friend to take care of them. You might need a good story, like "I'm going on holiday and my relative has been saying we should sell them, please look after them for a few weeks".

Reactions: octopusinu
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We can't take anything with us onto the other side whether we die naturally or by suicide. Whatever is of value to you, you should keep it bc it'd be an additional horror in the case of a failed attempt if you don't own it anymore.

Actually you don't need to care about anything that happens in this world after you die - it's simply not your problem anymore.

I wouldn't care that much about my stuff except it's really sth worthy (You should consider a will in this case!!).

It's the problem of someone else but not mine anymore.

Reactions: Unspoken7612, octopusinu, Catch-22 and 1 other person
render

render

Sep 3, 2024
i am in a similar situation with my plush collection that im attached to. i was planning on keeping it and adding a request in my note to either hold onto them or send them to people who will cherish them. like other people have said i was thinking about the consequences of a failed attempt so i decided not to give them away while i'm alive

idk if this helps, since there's no guarantee any final wishes will be respected or carried out. but maybe something to consider?

Reactions: octopusinu