p4nic

p4nic

Apr 4, 2023
Even though there are still some good days or even weeks where I am able to do the things I'm supposed to do, the "bad days" keep getting worse each time.
I can't help but feel guilty thinking about all the things that are wrong in this world. Hunger, crimes, inequality... it is so unfair, not for me, but for every living being, and that thought makes me so powerless because I know that it's just not possible to fix it, even if I had all the motivation to try to make a change, it wouldn't solve much. I really don't understand how people can live life without thinking about all these things, or even if they do think about it, how can they keep going knowing how fcked up it is? It's so overwhelming for me.

I feel that everything is just meaningless, why do I have to make an effort? why am I forced to exist and to be a productive person when all i want is to rest?
Maybe it is selfish to think this way, but I don't care anymore, I've never felt like I belong here anyways.
I really wish I had the guts to end this, but I am such a coward. I just don't want to feel pain...

• Hugs
Reactions: thelookingontheway, Chronicoverwhelm, leavingsoon99 and 3 others
sunshiningbackwards

sunshiningbackwards

Sep 17, 2022
drugs and alcohol. Sadly, alcohol in particular has been causing some problems for me lately because of hangovers getting worse with age and the way it affects my metabolism so I think drugs will become increasingly more prevalent in my diet of numbing the pain. Beyond that, not much works outside of listening to music and trying to live with some sense of purpose like art and playing music.

Reactions: thelookingontheway and p4nic
RoundaboutResolved

RoundaboutResolved

Stuck in a roundabout with no exits!
Apr 5, 2023
Older generations honestly didn't think about it unless it directly affected them. Also they didn't have social media to flood their brainpan. Unplugging helps a lot when overwhelmed. Just focus on you. Go for a walk, read a book, watch a movie, listen to music, masturbate, whatever...

• Love
Reactions: thelookingontheway, Rocket, Decided98 and 2 others
cielherpes

cielherpes

being silly
Mar 24, 2023
i intervene my emotions, especially when it goes bad, with alcohol, self harming or doomscrolling on my phone until i sleep it off or feel better (which usually doesn't work that much anymore, nowadays i stand outside for a few minutes to get unfiltered oxygen in my lungs)

• Hugs
Reactions: thelookingontheway
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Why people would think about the world when they can't even change their lives

Reactions: thelookingontheway
p4nic

p4nic

Apr 4, 2023
drugs and alcohol. Sadly, alcohol in particular has been causing some problems for me lately because of hangovers getting worse with age and the way it affects my metabolism so I think drugs will become increasingly more prevalent in my diet of numbing the pain. Beyond that, not much works outside of listening to music and trying to live with some sense of purpose like art and playing music.
Alcohol has been my go-to for the past months but everyone around me keeps telling me I should quit it because I let myself fall on a "risky behaviour" ://

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's very much understandable wanting to rest. I could never be content in this hellish world and I could never be delusional enough to want to exist here where there is so much potential for harm and suffering. Life in itself undeniably is the true problem, it's tragic how this endless cycle of torment exists all for no reason. I wish that humans were aware enough not to procreate as it's a punishment having the ability to exist here. Life is completely unnecessary anyway and I also see myself as not being meant for existing.

Reactions: p4nic, Decided98 and Chronicoverwhelm
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I guess I don't have a way to deal with being overwhelmed, it's just another one of the horrific tortures of life that we have to endure endlessly. I hate living and I don't care much for what happens to the world. I want to be gone as soon as possible, and the fact that I will be someday gives me comfort at least. I hope you can find a way to deal with your suffering.

eleanora

eleanora

in the winter of my life
Apr 7, 2023
I feel very similar to the way you described your feelings. I often randomly imagine that in this second, right now for example someone is abusing their child and I can't do anything about it. It always makes me overthink and become overwhelmed by summarized amount of pain contained in each and every single person living here. I realize I will never do as a single person much difference in this world. Even if I started a successful charity right now, it won't change a thing. This world is really fcking cruel and unjust.

But then I think that perhaps just making one person's or even animal's life a bit better might be a small success. Recently I've been feeding some stray cats and thanks to this I feel a bit more useful. In the past I also helped one of my friends deal with their eating disorder and helped them reach out for proper help. I feel like I want to eternally rest too, but what stops me from it is the thought that I make a small difference. It's really tiny compared to the ocean of problems that exists in our world, but at least these stray cats aren't walking hungry anymore and my dear friend will most likely overcome her illness. She was once close to being hospitalized, but now she is doing way better. In the big picture it looks like nothing, but for them it made a change.

Another thing that massively helped me was fully stopping reading news and deleting most social media accounts.
It feels like nowadays news are only about the bad things that are happening in the world.

I plan to do some volunteering in the future too or maybe adopt a cat/dog from the shelter, but for now it's way beyond my capability. Depression combined with family and school troubles are making me feel too shitty right now. Still, I hope you'll find any of what I wrote at least a bit useful, take care and hopefully you'll feel better one day.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thelookingontheway, Rocket and p4nic
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I don't. I just... Take it all in until I go numb, then can resume with my usual distractions.

Why people would think about the world when they can't even change their lives
I mean... we're kinda stuck in this nightmare world. What else it there to do but let your mind wonder in that kind of state anyways? distract-distract?

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I feel that everything is just meaningless, why do I have to make an effort? why am I forced to exist and to be a productive person when all i want is to rest?
You know, I was in this quandary for a while. I swayed myself out of ctb in order to try to become my 'best self'. Then, the question popped up, "why?" I mean, what am I suffering toward? A lot of stuff in life, at that point, lost meaning to me. The things I'd striven for in the past were never going to be achieved by me. So, why am I about to do it all over again? What for? I've accepted that the life I was chasing doesn't exist. And it's this realization that made me stop worrying about being super-productive and wasting a lot of energy on things that no longer matter to me anymore.

I've never felt like I belong here anyways.
I know I don't belong here. I never have. I hate that I was born. My life has been nothing short of hell.

Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
Even though there are still some good days or even weeks where I am able to do the things I'm supposed to do, the "bad days" keep getting worse each time.
I can't help but feel guilty thinking about all the things that are wrong in this world. Hunger, crimes, inequality... it is so unfair, not for me, but for every living being, and that thought makes me so powerless because I know that it's just not possible to fix it, even if I had all the motivation to try to make a change, it wouldn't solve much. I really don't understand how people can live life without thinking about all these things, or even if they do think about it, how can they keep going knowing how fcked up it is? It's so overwhelming for me.

Maybe it is selfish to think this way, but I don't care anymore, I've never felt like I belong here anyways.
I really wish I had the guts to end this, but I am such a coward. I just don't want to feel pain...
I'm right there too. No advice, but I get it.

p4nic

p4nic

Apr 4, 2023
I feel very similar to the way you described your feelings. I often randomly imagine that in this second, right now for example someone is abusing their child and I can't do anything about it. It always makes me overthink and become overwhelmed by summarized amount of pain contained in each and every single person living here. I realize I will never do as a single person much difference in this world. Even if I started a successful charity right now, it won't change a thing. This world is really fcking cruel and unjust.

But then I think that perhaps just making one person's or even animal's life a bit better might be a small success. Recently I've been feeding some stray cats and thanks to this I feel a bit more useful. In the past I also helped one of my friends deal with their eating disorder and helped them reach out for proper help. I feel like I want to eternally rest too, but what stops me from it is the thought that I make a small difference. It's really tiny compared to the ocean of problems that exists in our world, but at least these stray cats aren't walking hungry anymore and my dear friend will most likely overcome her illness. She was once close to being hospitalized, but now she is doing way better. In the big picture it looks like nothing, but for them it made a change.

Another thing that massively helped me was fully stopping reading news and deleting most social media accounts.
It feels like nowadays news are only about the bad things that are happening in the world.

I plan to do some volunteering in the future too or maybe adopt a cat/dog from the shelter, but for now it's way beyond my capability. Depression combined with family and school troubles are making me feel too shitty right now. Still, I hope you'll find any of what I wrote at least a bit useful, take care and hopefully you'll feel better one day.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it is comforting and brings me a bit of peace.
I'm hoping that you can also find the strenght to keep doing actions to help others, that's something very admirable!

• Love
Reactions: eleanora
Rocket

Rocket

Oct 12, 2022

I agree with this. We can all play a part in making life better, helping just one animal or taking some action does make a difference. I support 4Ocean https://www.4ocean.com/. Every purchase pulls 1 pound of trash from the ocean. Alone it's overwhelming, but knowing tens of thousands of people are also involved makes me feel like part of a community.

I suffer from being overwhelmed a lot and try to be patient and kind with myself. Skipping news (other than major events) and social media (especially sh*t post sites like Twitter) has helped a lot. When I'm overwhelmed I shut those down.

I also have Brown Noise on my Echo, have found that really helpful. It's peaceful background sound that I find slows down my mind (and eliminates many irritating outside noises). It's an Amazon Skill, it's like 50 cents a month to have it run 24 hours a day. I didn't want to pay it, but have found it really useful. There are free Brown Noise videos on YouTube, I just use the Echo and let it run while sleeping, trying to focus and when feeling overwhelmed.

I hope you can find something that gives you strength, even one step of action can make a big difference. Hug to you and all.

• Love
Reactions: p4nic and eleanora