• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
How do you cope or self medicate? I drink but that only does so much and it has its limits

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, ithappens, Deadlyroses and 3 others
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
I only knew I was Asperger at 39…
I used drink to mask it…

Reactions: Dead beat dad and BrokenArrow
C

ConfusedAndWeird

Apr 12, 2021
As an autistic person myself, in my experience, you don't. You just wallow in misery on a regular basis and try to distract yourself with things that help, in my case, video games. It's no wonder our suicide rate is so high, if I'm being honest. Close to four times as much as people in general and nine times as much as "mentally healthy" people.

But if you were seriously looking for an answer that would help you "be functional" so to speak, you might have better luck in the recovery section. At least I know I hang out in this section because I don't have hopes things will get better and I don't have an interest in doing so.

I don't know if this helps, but at least you're not alone in your struggles. Neurotypicals find it difficult to understand our problems and they may often say the they aren't real, but I assure you they would find it a real problem if they lived in a society with a majority of people who thought like us. Social isolation is a terrible thing to live with and even people with very little material wealth typically have close relationships with other people to keep them going.

That said, one thing that might help is if you somehow found a community of autistic people that share similar hobbies to you. Which is a tall order I know, but I actually found one myself for my own hobbies. Don't look for a group of autistic people in general, which is what I did, because you still won't relate to them without a common interest.

Reactions: sserafim, TakeMeBack07, ithappens and 4 others
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
As an autistic person myself, in my experience, you don't. You just wallow in misery on a regular basis and try to distract yourself with things that help, in my case, video games. It's no wonder our suicide rate is so high, if I'm being honest. Close to four times as much as people in general and nine times as much as "mentally healthy" people.

But if you were seriously looking for an answer that would help you "be functional" so to speak, you might have better luck in the recovery section. At least I know I hang out in this section because I don't have hopes things will get better and I don't have an interest in doing so.

I don't know if this helps, but at least you're not alone in your struggles. Neurotypicals find it difficult to understand our problems and they may often say the they aren't real, but I assure you they would find it a real problem if they lived in a society with a majority of people who thought like us. Social isolation is a terrible thing to live with and even people with very little material wealth typically have close relationships with other people to keep them going.

That said, one thing that might help is if you somehow found a community of autistic people that share similar hobbies to you. Which is a tall order I know, but I actually found one myself for my own hobbies. Don't look for a group of autistic people in general, which is what I did, because you still won't relate to them without a common interest.
Thank you.

The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021

Autistic are about hiper focus! They change from time to time(…)
See: I don't like videogames!

I already engaged into Borderline, Autistic and Suicidal groups on Facebook and ended up totally discovering similarities only at the autistic people !

There are some myths that every autistic are naive and about enjoying trains and technology…. But at end of the day the main problem remains the same: Interpersonal Relationships!
The sooner you discover yourself Autistic the better, otherwise you will end up pulling everyone away without even noticing!

To engage in a hiper focus as video games is not a good advice.
I would rather advice knowing others in order to prevent yourself from several "usual misunderstandings" about social skills so common at folks like us.

; )

Reactions: sserafim
theSuiCiDalCupCaKe

theSuiCiDalCupCaKe

May 28, 2020
I was diagnosed with aspergers at 13, a diagnosis certainly hasn't helped in my case. Like sure it explains why I'm so different to most people, but it doesn't fix any aspect of my life. At this point, the only alternative to suicide is a brain transplant...but modern medicine isn't that advanced yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, ConfusedAndWeird and Lostandlooking
cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
I have aspergers and adhd. I can't take adhd medication because of the side effects. I take an antidepressant for the depression, but they don't really work. I buy sedatives for if I have a meltdown.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, The Lonely, patheticpartner and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have aspergers and I have had it basically all my life, I was diagnosed young. It is simply the way I am I guess. I think it has explained why I have always struggled in life really and have had an inability to cope with it, I struggle with sound sensitivity in particular. I guess isolating myself from other people has always been my way of coping, as other people have always exhausted me and stressed me out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim and The Lonely
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
How do you cope or self medicate? I drink but that only does so much and it has its limits
By becoming a hiki, lol. The only true peace and serenity I've found is in isolation and solitude. I honestly enjoy being alone, that way I can be my true self without any masking. I guess my ADHD still gives me some desire for social interaction so I relieve it by going online (like this forum haha).

• Love
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and reclaimedbynature