WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your physical ailments or health issues and what are some ways that you cope psychologically or physically?

A lot of my ailments are the result of eating as a coping mechanism for my depression.
I have some hearing loss (mainly in the high frequencies), vision issues, hair loss... so much hair loss, probable thyroid issue, probable osteoporosis/osteopenia, and some concerning lymph node and thyroid swelling. There are other concerns but those are the main ones. Oh and lots of aches.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Broken Chimera, Fragile, mediocre and 2 others
Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
I suffer from Chronic Rhino-Sinusitis. Eczema in my ears with excess earwax. I also have flat feet which are very painful. The only way I cope is thinking of my inevitable suicide. That comforts me a lot.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pisceslilith, Fragile, Brink and 1 other person
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I suffer from Chronic Rhino-Sinusitis. Eczema in my ears with excess earwax. I also have flat feet which are very painful. The only way I cope is thinking of my inevitable suicide. That comforts me a lot.
I'm so sorry you're suffering. Thinking of my suicide is the way I cope too. I hope things get better for you though. You deserve peace and comfort.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brink and Timetodie90
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your physical ailments or health issues and what are some ways that you cope psychologically or physically?

A lot of my ailments are the result of eating as a coping mechanism for my depression.
I have some hearing loss (mainly in the high frequencies), vision issues, hair loss... so much hair loss, probable thyroid issue, probable osteoporosis/osteopenia, and some concerning lymph node and thyroid swelling. There are other concerns but those are the main ones. Oh and lots of aches.

My best coping mechanism is work. Work gives me a sense of participation in society, and adds structure to my day to day existence.

I dread the possibility that my health might deteriorate to the point that I might have to stop working.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and WinterFaust
Timetodie90

Timetodie90

Spiritual but suicidal.
Mar 8, 2020
I'm so sorry you're suffering. Thinking of my suicide is the way I cope too. I hope things get better for you though. You deserve peace and comfort.
Thank you. I hope things get better for you too.

• Love
Reactions: WinterFaust
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
My best coping mechanism is work. Work gives me a sense of participation in society, and adds structure to my day to day existence.

I dread the possibility that my health might deteriorate to the point that I might have to stop working.

I think that's in part why I've been deteriorating so quickly. I haven't worked in a while and I don't have friends or people to see so I just stay in bed a lot. I just feel broken both mentally and physically, you know? Just really tired of being tired and feeling like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i have multiple health issues, the only way for me to cope is by distracting myself with something else. and when the pain/symptoms get noticeable enough to the point that i can't ignore them even with medications, i just numb myself with whatever substance i can find.

not the best or healthiest way to cope, but it's the only one i have.

• Hugs
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I think that's in part why I've been deteriorating so quickly. I haven't worked in a while and I don't have friends or people to see so I just stay in bed a lot. I just feel broken both mentally and physically, you know? Just really tired of being tired and feeling like this.

"Tired of being tired" - an awful feeling and one that I am all too familiar with.

• Hugs
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
I don't really cope to be honest, I mostly just daydream (maladaptive daydreaming) or cut, I've been feeling really self destructive lately, cutting is getting boring I want something else to destroy myself with.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Broken Chimera and Fragile
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I am all most mess up completely got arthritis in most of my joints bottom of my back is about collapse legs will be parlies . My kidneys and liver are not got long left a year or two damaged by the pain killers I have bin takeing. So how i cope just keep taking more and more of my painkillers speed things up a bit . I want to still be able to walk before the end so i can just disappear and not be found i know were i can go and no body will find me for weeks by then to late . :)

• Hugs
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I spent years trying to cope with it. Now I just don't. Why bother. It makes me so tired trying to cope with it.

• Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust and Pisceslilith
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
i have multiple health issues, the only way for me to cope is by distracting myself with something else. and when the pain/symptoms get noticeable enough to the point that i can't ignore them even with medications, i just numb myself with whatever substance i can find.

not the best or healthiest way to cope, but it's the only one i have.

Honestly that's the best any of us can do, right? Cope with what we have. Being ill so shitty, I think you're doing the best you can ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Fragile
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I really don't cope. Certain problems like heart palpitations can be ignored. But others like chronic fatigue and side effects from antidepressants are hard to ignore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fragile and WinterFaust
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I cannot deal with appointments or doctors . I need so much help it's a bad joke.

• Hugs
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I really don't cope. Certain problems like heart palpitations can be ignored. But others like chronic fatigue and side effects from antidepressants are hard to ignore.

I don't cope either. Unless you count continuing the destructive behavior that more or less got me here. Not eating, laying down to die and praying I won't wake up the next morning but I do everyday. It's incredibly foolish. Some of this may even have the potential to get a little better if I take care of myself but I just can't. Some thing's seriously missing here, I need a factory reset.
I cannot deal with appointments or doctors . I need so much help it's a bad joke.

Oh my God, it's only been a several months but I kept going to doctor after doctor to get a handle on things to at least stop things from getting worse and it was just "You're young. You're fine." My mom kept saying I was making it up and my therapist implied the same thing. Stopped persuing help after that. And of course, I've only further deteriorated. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Broken Chimera and disabledandhopeless