Xaeniak

Xaeniak

Bootlegged doll
Sep 14, 2023
How is it that so few countries allow for the possibility of a physician-assisted suicide? Are we so arrogant to think that there exists medicine to solve every problem anyone could experience? I've run through the list of every mental health resource I've ever heard of, from antidepressants, anxiolytics, mood stabilizers, CBT, DBT, ACT, IFS, ECT, TMS, and a partridge in a pear tree, and nothing's ever worked. How is medical science missing that crucial last resort for when someone's in agony, and there simply isn't a way to fix it? It's inhumane to force people to keep on living in misery just because the thought of helping someone in that state makes you feel icky

Reactions: Hollowman, RainAndSadness and MatrixPrisoner
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Religious zealotry involvement in politics and the fact that even those on the left are icky about euthanasia and suicide, let alone for people who aren't physically terminal.

Reactions: sadandlonely99
Xaeniak

Xaeniak

Bootlegged doll
Sep 14, 2023
Religious zealotry involvement in politics and the fact that even those on the left are icky about euthanasia and suicide, let alone for people who aren't physically terminal.
I mean, yeah. It's just such a heinous failing of empathy, when society can look at someone in more pain than they can bear and saying, "yep, just as it should be."

Reactions: sadandlonely99
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because many humans are deluded and lack any compassion but in my case suicide could never be a "last resort" but rather a first choice, I would see the eternity of death as being preferable to any kind of existence, only the thought of eternal sleep comforts me and could bring me peace, decaying from age in this cruel and meaningless existence could never interest me.
All humans deserve the option to permanently escape from all suffering in peace and it's beyond inhumane how that isn't the reality, this anti-suicide society is disgusting.

Reactions: Xaeniak