• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
I feel these very strong rage attacks, anger and sadness. I feel like I can smash a beer bottle at the wall. I went to a psychiatrist, he only prescribed me a higher dosage of the antidepressant I'm taking, I need a way stronger pill than that. I need a serious treatment so I'm able to function. What should I do?

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Get a hobby. My childhood included baseball and boxing. I have no anger issues. :ahhha:

• Yay!
Reactions: Empty_Illustrator and Jiyuurakka
Felodese

Felodese

Student
Mar 31, 2024
Corny and not very original, but maybe look at why you feel this way. What's behind it? What triggers it and so on. All the psychology stuff.
You could probably find some self help stuff online, if therapy isn't an option (and if you can stand self help stuff).

As a kid/teen I was very angry and hated everyone, but that was just a symptom of my depression. I grew out of it, but I assume you're not 12, so it will probably take a bit more work...🫤

Reactions: LaughingGoat, sserafim, Empty_Illustrator and 1 other person
paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
Corny and not very original, but maybe look at why you feel this way. What's behind it? What triggers it and so on. All the psychology stuff.
You could probably find some self help stuff online, if therapy isn't an option (and if you can stand self help stuff).

As a kid/teen I was very angry and hated everyone, but that was just a symptom of my depression. I grew out of it, but I assume you're not 12, so it will probably take a bit more work...🫤
Thank you, I kinda suffer from PTSD from different work places, because of it I've been suffering from world dysphoria for at least 8 years and I've been passively suicidal for 11 years now. The hardest thing is when I share stuff on social media, people insult me and treat me like shit which makes me even more angry. I've been blocked by so many Facebook groups and individuals I lost count.

Reactions: Empty_Illustrator
Felodese

Felodese

Student
Mar 31, 2024
Thank you, I kinda suffer from PTSD from different work places, because of it I've been suffering from world dysphoria for at least 8 years and I've been passively suicidal for 11 years now. The hardest thing is when I share stuff on social media, people insult me and treat me like shit which makes me even more angry. I've been blocked by so many Facebook groups and individuals I lost count.
Sounds like you have s pretty good idea about what's causing it, and people say that's where you should start. So I guess that's something.
Unfortunatly most people won't get it no matter how you try to explain it to them. I've learned to be very selective about who I share stuff with. In that sense this place so much better than facebook and all the others. Here everyone has issues.

Reactions: paredler
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

It's short

Reactions: sserafim and Empty_Illustrator
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I feel these very strong rage attacks, anger and sadness. I feel like I can smash a beer bottle at the wall. I went to a psychiatrist, he only prescribed me a higher dosage of the antidepressant I'm taking, I need a way stronger pill than that. I need a serious treatment so I'm able to function. What should I do?
I wish I knew. If you ever find a solution, please share it with me. In the meantime, I can only offer the words of Thomas Jefferson: "If you feel angry, count to 10 before you do or say anything. If you feel very angry, count to 100." (I'm quoting from memory, so the words may not be quite right, but that's the sense of what he said.

Reactions: sserafim
paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
I wish I knew. If you ever find a solution, please share it with me. In the meantime, I can only offer the words of Thomas Jefferson: "If you feel angry, count to 10 before you do or say anything. If you feel very angry, count to 100." (I'm quoting from memory, so the words may not be quite right, but that's the sense of what he said.
Unfortunately, counting to 10 or 100 only makes even angrier.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Linda
W

wisteria3

May 5, 2024
I don't know if for you it stems from something other than a trigger. In that case maybe it's a brain chemistry thing that you need professional treatment for, which of course is way easier said than done. But for "normal" anger directed at someone who wronged you, I think it's super powerful to practice empathy instead of blame. Like at first it can be extremely difficult and counterintuitive to truly consider the other person's perspective, and consider they may be partly right. But if you do, it's actually a huge relief and gets rid of the burden of anger. Even if you feel wronged, consider that you were also partly in the wrong. For example, maybe you didn't communicate clearly enough with them, or you didn't listen to their side just as they didn't listen to yours. I think as soon as one person acknowledges the other's feelings and apologizes for their role, it's much easier for the other person to apologize back. In normal arguments, usually both people are a little bit in the wrong. By the way, this wouldn't apply if they actually abused you or something, that's different. I'm talking "regular" arguments or annoyances.

Also, exercise helps a lot... but difficult to do if you're depressed. I think anger is like energy that needs to be channeled into something

Reactions: LaughingGoat and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
The slowlier I count, the angrier I get
Have you tried a stiff glass of whisky? That wouldn't work for me - alcohol used to just bring out my anger issues - but it might work for some people. The immediate effect of alcohol is to make you feel a bit more relaxed.

Reactions: steppenwolf
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
Maybe you can look into breathing. I don't mean meditation, I mean specific and highly focused learning to breathe kind of thing.

paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
Have you tried a stiff glass of whisky? That wouldn't work for me - alcohol used to just bring out my anger issues - but it might work for some people. The immediate effect of alcohol is to make you feel a bit more relaxed.
I think I'll start smoking cigarettes, I smoked two weeks ago for the first time and it numbed my anger.
Maybe you can look into breathing. I don't mean meditation, I mean specific and highly focused learning to breathe kind of thing.
Deep breathing and counting to 100 only makes me angrier. The only things that work for me are resting and dopamine activities like eating good food, masturbation etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linda
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I've channeled my anger into hating society, the world and other people

• Aww..
Reactions: Linda
E

Empty_Illustrator

Jan 31, 2024
Hi, from personal experience I will suggest some things.

Try running wheneven you feel angry, run very far dosent matter how far you go just run and run and run.

Delete all the social medias in your phone and computer, see you might think this is generic advice but the amt of difference it makes is so fking huge, I used to get depressed just looking at peoples lives but now I dont have social media and when I talk to them I discover my life is far better than theirs (its all fake on the socials).

When you feel really really angry just get inside a room, lock the doors and shout as hard as you can, curse the living shit out of that thing that made you angry, this works like a charm for short term.

Dunno how much this will help but meditation helps me keep calm and focused, I dont meditate regularly but when I need it, 'medito' is a great free app, it is a non profit and everything in it is free

also I read your replys above, please try and not get into regular drinking, and smoking it will work now but steadily destroy your life down the line and you woudnt even notice, I have seen it very closely, please dont

Hope you find peace !!! 😄

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024

I don't know if for you it stems from something other than a trigger. In that case maybe it's a brain chemistry thing that you need professional treatment for, which of course is way easier said than done. But for "normal" anger directed at someone who wronged you, I think it's super powerful to practice empathy instead of blame. Like at first it can be extremely difficult and counterintuitive to truly consider the other person's perspective, and consider they may be partly right. But if you do, it's actually a huge relief and gets rid of the burden of anger. Even if you feel wronged, consider that you were also partly in the wrong. For example, maybe you didn't communicate clearly enough with them, or you didn't listen to their side just as they didn't listen to yours. I think as soon as one person acknowledges the other's feelings and apologizes for their role, it's much easier for the other person to apologize back. In normal arguments, usually both people are a little bit in the wrong. By the way, this wouldn't apply if they actually abused you or something, that's different. I'm talking "regular" arguments or annoyances.

Also, exercise helps a lot... but difficult to do if you're depressed. I think anger is like energy that needs to be channeled into something
Some of the distraction techniques described by a few people are definitely helpful to use in the moment, but to develop control over your anger long-term you need to change the way you think. CBT strategies like cognitive restructuring and problem-solving are useful. I think from a different conversation you seemed to have an interest in philosophical discussion, so I would recommend reading the writing from Stoic and Buddhist philosophers if you haven't as they had a lot to say about where anger comes from and how to manage it, Stoic philosophy particularly helped me a ton.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and soulkitty