• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Then-pewish

Then-pewish

Just tired of life
Jan 23, 2020
Uhmm, how can i stop taking my pills? I live with my mom and she checks my mouth before and after i take my meds. I don't know how to hide them. My pills are already planned out for the week and so I just open the day and pop them in my mouth. I don't put them in my hands first, so I fear that if I start hiding them in my hands my mom will notice that. My pills don't do anything and im sick of taking so many different meds. (Btw maybe it's not a lot but it's almost polypharmacy, I take three different meds (not including vitamin d for obvious reasons) and in total I take 5 pills a day.)

memataporfavor

memataporfavor

( つ・o・)つ still ill ╮|。>ー<。|╭
Apr 6, 2019
If you don't mind me asking, what do you take and for how long? what do they make you feel for you to not want to take'em?

Reactions: Quarky00
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I wouldn't advise just stopping medication as stopping it suddenly can be dangerous and lead to other health problems. If you don't like the medication you're on for whatever reason, maybe see if you can go and talk to your doctor and try some others.

• Love
Reactions: Elekrel, GinaIsReady, Tim101 and 1 other person
Then-pewish

Then-pewish

Just tired of life
Jan 23, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, what do you take and for how long? what do they make you feel for you to not want to take'em?
I take zoloft, abilify, buspar, and lamotrigine (I forgot abt lamotrigine and I don't remember the dosages) I've been taking abilify and zoloft for abt two years, I started lamotrigine abt 3 months ago and just started buspar yesterday. My meds have not been effective for quite a while and I just don't want to take them any longer. Nothing is working. Five years of therapy, three years of psychiatry, four hospitalizations, a countless amount of medications. Nothing. It feels like the only cure is suicide.
I wouldn't advise just stopping medication as stopping it suddenly can be dangerous and lead to other health problems. If you don't like the medication you're on for whatever reason, maybe see if you can go and talk to your doctor and try some others.
I would be fine weaning off them myself but my doctor refuses to let me get off them.

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Are you still a minor?
If not, your doctor has to take your wishes into account, unless your treatment is by court order

Reactions: ThatIsTheQuestion
ThatIsTheQuestion

ThatIsTheQuestion

Ghost in Waiting
Aug 4, 2019
Are you still a minor?
If not, your doctor has to take your wishes into account, unless your treatment is by court order
Agreed. And it's worth repeating that minors aren't supposed to be here at all.

Beyond that, stopping lamictal without oversight is extremely dangerous. (A) It's an anti-epileptic, so withdrawal could give you seizures and even kill you. (B) If you start up again, esp without medical supervision, you greatly increase the odds of the dreaded "lamictal rash." Zoloft might not be as dangerous, but it's notorious for "brain zaps" if you stop cold turkey. Buspar is probably the only one you could quit on your own without potentially nasty consequences.

Reactions: Tim101, Then-pewish and Quarky00
memataporfavor

memataporfavor

Apr 6, 2019
I take zoloft, abilify, buspar, and lamotrigine (I forgot abt lamotrigine and I don't remember the dosages) I've been taking abilify and zoloft for abt two years, I started lamotrigine abt 3 months ago and just started buspar yesterday. My meds have not been effective for quite a while and I just don't want to take them any longer. Nothing is working. Five years of therapy, three years of psychiatry, four hospitalizations, a countless amount of medications. Nothing. It feels like the only cure is suicide.

I would be fine weaning off them myself but my doctor refuses to let me get off them.

I'm kinda biased on this subject bc for me my meds work... (sometimes... if they worked completely I wouldnt be here). Of those, I only knew zoloft and lamotrigine (which I also take btw hah)... But I completely understand your will to stop taking them. If I were you and felt bad about my meds, depending on the reason I was taking them, I would also stop. But maybe, the solution can be complaining to your doctor that those meds do not "fit" your body.... I mean, there are so many meds out there, that work for some people and for others dont, there must be something that works for you out there. I don't believe in ppl being forced to do anything, mostly bc the greater part from a mental treatment comes from the well-being of the patient. So, yea, If your doc is cool, try talking to him?
I've been through a shitton of meds and different combinations 'till I found one that kinda works for me... maybe that can work for you too

Last edited:
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Not a good idea to stop taking meds! I once got really disillusioned and tried to stop taking mine for a while. I managed a couple of weeks but it made me physically very unwell and probably didn't help me avoid becoming unwell mentally again. I know how annoying it can get when it doesn't feel like the meds are working. But you really should talk to your doctor about this. Even if you don't miss them your body might if you have been on them for some time.

Reactions: seho_j, Elekrel, Tim101 and 1 other person
Then-pewish

Then-pewish

Just tired of life
Jan 23, 2020
Are you still a minor?
No I'm not a minor, I'm almost 19. In February I'll be 19.

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Have fun going through 3 days of withdrawal hell.

Reactions: _Minsk
memataporfavor

memataporfavor

Apr 6, 2019
Not a good idea to stop taking meds! I once got really disillusioned and tried to stop taking mine for a while. I managed a couple of weeks but it made me physically very unwell and probably didn't help me avoid becoming unwell mentally again. I know how annoying it can get when it doesn't feel like the meds are working. But you really should talk to your doctor about this. Even if you don't miss them your body might if you have been on them for some time.
hahah with me, I lost my shit, engaged in a crazy impulsive behaviour and only realized that when I got back with the meds and looked back to the crazy week I had before hahahaahah

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, GinaIsReady and Flippy
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Had a friend on that combo , schizophrenic .

Not sure what you have but when stopped they had psychosis and hospitalized again ..

Reactions: _Minsk
Then-pewish

Then-pewish

Just tired of life
Jan 23, 2020
I'm kinda biased on this subject bc for me my meds work... (sometimes... if they worked completely I wouldnt be here). Of those, I only knew zoloft and lamotrigine (which I also take btw hah)... But I completely understand your will to stop taking them. If I were you and felt bad about my meds, depending on the reason I was taking them, I would also stop. But maybe, the solution can be complaining to your doctor that those meds do not "fit" your body.... I mean, there are so many meds out there, that work for some people and for others dont, there must be something that works for you out there. I don't believe in ppl being forced to do anything, mostly bc the greater part from a mental treatment comes from the well-being of the patient. So, yea, If your doc is cool, try talking to him?
I've been through a shitton of meds and different combinations 'till I found one that kinda works for me... maybe that can work for you too
I've tried talking to her but she either
Are you still a minor?
my doctor has to take my wishes into account... But I've brought it up with her multiple times. She won't listen to me.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
hahah with me, I lost my shit, engaged in a crazy impulsive behaviour and only realized that when I got back with the meds and looked back to the crazy week I had before hahahaahah
Fortunately I didn't relapse like that, I just got quite depressed again. But boy did it make me feel weak and sick. I had got a bit annoyed about a doctor when I told him I had been given diazepam for an issue with my arm at a hospital, he immediately started lecturing me on trying to get more diazepam!? I was just telling him what had happened at the hospital, I didn't ask for anything. I just made an appointment at the GP like the hospital told me to. I'm pretty sure some POS has put something on my medical records out of spite to make people believe I'm fishing for recreational substances! I got really pissed off and thought to hell with it I just won't take anything any more if that's what they think. Probably more self defeating than anything else but it did make me realise that I probably do need my meds!

Reactions: memataporfavor
memataporfavor

memataporfavor

Apr 6, 2019
I've tried talking to her but she either
my doctor has to take my wishes into account... But I've brought it up with her multiple times. She won't listen to me.

not cool, not cool

Reactions: Then-pewish
T

Tim101

Interesting individual
Jan 20, 2020
Do not stop. Reduce by 10% per fortnight under the guidance of a medical professional. You will feel like absolute shit for 3 months even after complete cessation. Zoloft 6 months. RESEARCH how to reduce/cease psychiatric drugs. There are many many resources.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Had a friend on that combo , schizophrenic .

Not sure what you have but when stopped they had psychosis and hospitalized again ..
Absolutely never just quit your meds if you have suffered from psychosis in the past! It can really creep up on you, I'm speaking from experience here as you might suspect!

Reactions: Quarky00
memataporfavor

memataporfavor

Apr 6, 2019
Fortunately I didn't relapse like that, I just got quite depressed again. But boy did it make me feel weak and sick. I had got a bit annoyed about a doctor when I told him I had been given diazepam for an issue with my arm at a hospital, he immediately started lecturing me on trying to get more diazepam!? I was just telling him what had happened at the hospital, I didn't ask for anything. I just made an appointment at the GP like the hospital told me to. I'm pretty sure some POS has put something on my medical records out of spite to make people believe I'm fishing for recreational substances! I got really pissed off and thought to hell with it I just won't take anything any more if that's what they think. Probably more self defeating than anything else but it did make me realise that I probably do need my meds!
never felt physical withdrawl...
but been addicted to diazepam when I was 14 yrs old.. used to steal from my mom lmao
now im back in the sleeping pills track... been on xanax unfortunately bc it's what my doc has given me, but boy, do I miss my valium lmao

I'm starting to realize most people here had/has a shitty experience with doctors... I'm starting to feel v lucky

Reactions: Quarky00 and Flippy
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I'm speaking from experience here as you might suspect!
I'm sure it was horrible , but made me smile - "oh yeah , Flippy probably tried / gone through any possible disaster , sounds about right" .. ;)

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
never felt physical withdrawl...
but been addicted to diazepam when I was 14 yrs old.. used to steal from my mom lmao
now im back in the sleeping pills track... been on xanax unfortunately bc it's what my doc has given me, but boy, do I miss my valium lmao

I'm starting to realize most people here had/has a shitty experience with doctors... I'm starting to feel v lucky
I've never been hooked on diazepam or anything. But I really do appreciate how much better it makes me feel. Once it's done its job, say after a few weeks I find my self not even taking it any more. I think my psychiatrist is very anti benzo anything! So if I do end up getting something like lorazepam it tends to be for a few days and no tapering off. So just when I'm feeling the benefits I run out.

Yeah I've had some pretty poor experiences with doctors too. I often feel like they get really pissed at me when I don't feel much improvement. I get the straighten up and fly right speech and it's really annoying! So you probably are in good company here! :-)
I'm sure it was horrible , but made me smile - "oh yeah , Flippy probably tried / gone through any possible disaster , sounds about right" .. ;)
I think a lot of people probably have gone through their fair share of disasters too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim101 and Quarky00
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
Uhmm, how can i stop taking my pills? I live with my mom and she checks my mouth before and after i take my meds. I don't know how to hide them. My pills are already planned out for the week and so I just open the day and pop them in my mouth. I don't put them in my hands first, so I fear that if I start hiding them in my hands my mom will notice that. My pills don't do anything and im sick of taking so many different meds. (Btw maybe it's not a lot but it's almost polypharmacy, I take three different meds (not including vitamin d for obvious reasons) and in total I take 5 pills a day.)
You can be weened off them gradually as this will help you through the drug withdrawal process.
Its best to get your local General Practitioners help with this and certainly don't do it cold turkey.
If your doctor refuses to help you then you can get advice online such as The Icarus Project where you can download advice on how to taper off safely.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: Then-pewish
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Check out theicarusproject.net

They have all the information you need.

Reactions: Sweet Release
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
What is the goal of stopping? If they are causing bad effects could you talk to your doctor about changing meds or dosage. Just stopping them would likely suck badly for you.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I don't recommend just stopping. As everyone else said, it's a bad idea.

Your doctor has to ultimately listen to you. But if you're having trouble, you could always do a little research and begin "having" side effects. Maybe you can switch.

Reactions: Then-pewish and Quarky00