• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
Dumb question, but I have no idea how to I purposefully cut myself.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
As someone who has self harmed for years in the past (and still has the scars) I'm here to tell you don't even start. It does absolutely nothing except leave lil reminders on how shit you felt those days.

edit: and if you mean this in a ctb method way bleeding to death is a very long and painful way to die. most often it doesn't work.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: moths, brokenwaves, spookyfrito and 8 others
Upvote 3
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think cutting yourself is not a good idea at all. What about checking the resource compilation and see what's more suitable for you?

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

Reactions: BandAddict, Xaxysh and GenesAndEnvironment
Upvote 1
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
As someone who has self harmed for years in the past (and still has the scars) I'm here to tell you don't even start. It does absolutely nothing except leave lil reminders on how shit you felt those days.
I second this. As an ex-self harmer, it only left nasty reminders of my worst days and gave people yet another reason to judge me if they were to notice them. Not to mention, it's quite addictive but easy to build a tolerance towards. As a coping method, I wouldn't recommend it. People tend not to view self-harmers, even ex-self harmers, in the best light.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: brokenwaves, BandAddict, TessB and 3 others
Upvote 1
Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
Thanks for caring guys, I'm a self harmer myself ( I use lighters) and I was just looking for an answer as I never really got it how to just purposefully cut yourself. I wish yall a very good day :)
Thanks for caring guys, I'm a self harmer myself ( I use lighters) and I was just looking for an answer as I never really got it how to just purposefully cut yourself. I wish yall a very good day :)
Also I really hate the smell of burnt hair when I burn my arms/legs

• Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami and lofticries
Upvote 0
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Honestly the function of cutting is the same as most any other, the important function to understand behind any form of self harm is treatment. The most intense and effective form of treatment will exist as professional help, however, barring that youll need to know how to clean and dress a wound as well as preventing infection.

All in all the treatment is the same as a laceration, however the effort behind preventing infection and closing the wound can be more intensive than seeking help.

What i started doing is bruising my ribs using a metal baton. Theres minimal risk of breakage that way, and recovery is just a matter of waiting.

None of my notes should be taken as condoning, instead i need you to know what you're getting into before you start. It's your body, but you also need to understand the consequences of cutting.

Reactions: Hirokami and lofticries
Upvote 0
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
I totally agree with trying to not self harm if you don't already, I know it won't stop you if you truly intend to but as stupid as it sounds it gets a bit addictive, I am currently in the habit of cutting myself and leaving massive burns on my body. I started by beating my head and face or slamming my body into objects and made the climb to more serious forms of self harm. People notice, people shame you, it's not a fun expierence but I use it to punish myself. I'm not saying this to persuade or dissuade you, rather for you to interpret it how you must to come to your decision on furthering your interest in self harm
take care of yourself <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami, Spitfire, BandAddict and 4 others
Upvote 2
Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
I totally agree with trying to not self harm if you don't already, I know it won't stop you if you truly intend to but as stupid as it sounds it gets a bit addictive, I am currently in the habit of cutting myself and leaving massive burns on my body. I started by beating my head and face or slamming my body into objects and made the climb to more serious forms of self harm. People notice, people shame you, it's not a fun expierence but I use it to punish myself. I'm not saying this to persuade or dissuade you, rather for you to interpret it how you must to come to your decision on furthering your interest in self harm
take care of yourself <3
ye i know, i do burn myself already and there have been some people who shame me n stuff :(.
anyways, if i would want to cut myself would i just swipe it on my skin or would i have to like put force on it then swipe? im really confused sorry if i sound dumb haha.

Upvote 0
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
ye i know, i do burn myself already and there have been some people who shame me n stuff :(.
anyways, if i would want to cut myself would i just swipe it on my skin or would i have to like put force on it then swipe? im really confused sorry if i sound dumb haha.
I'm gonna be honest here I don't wish to enable you or help you just because of the shear fact that i don't want you to feel like i'm assisting you, i just don't want that on my conscious you know, if you truly wish to know i bet there's tons of places to look I just don't personally want to be giving you that knowledge. I hope you find whatever suits you best, and plz don't be upset with me <3

Reactions: BandAddict
Upvote 0
budgie

budgie

Jul 6, 2020
take care of yourself <3
I beat my head sometimes as well, when I'm angry, hopeless and frustrated.

Upvote 0
Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
I'm gonna be honest here I don't wish to enable you or help you just because of the shear fact that i don't want you to feel like i'm assisting you, i just don't want that on my conscious you know, if you truly wish to know i bet there's tons of places to look I just don't personally want to be giving you that knowledge. I hope you find whatever suits you best, and plz don't be upset with me <3
i'm not upset, its understandable :)
i was looking a lot but most of the resources just tell me how to clean wounds n stuff like that and not how to actually do the thing (becuase it may be obvious and im just a little dummy dum dum)
i hope you have a wonderful day :)
i'm not upset, its understandable :)
i was looking a lot but most of the resources just tell me how to clean wounds n stuff like that and not how to actually do the thing (becuase it may be obvious and im just a little dummy dum dum)
i hope you have a wonderful day :)
thats also why i asked here, i couldnt really find anything online so i figured out maybe people here will be able to answer me.

Upvote 0
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Do feel a need to cut yourself or do you just want to? If it's the former then you'll just do it without giving it a second thought. The latter is a different story. I cut myself for two reasons. The first reason is my anxiety is at a level where I can't control it and I need it to stop quick and I use pain to try and stop it. The idea being swap mental pain for physical pain. It doesn't work anymore and I am now addicted to it and I can't stop. The second reason is self hatred, and I do it as a punishment for simply being me. I think I deserve it. Problem with pain is it's like any drug the more you use it the less it works and the more you need it until you end up in a+e with blood spewing out of an artery. And a possible trip to a mental hospital. I wouldn't dream of telling you not to do it, just be careful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
Upvote 0
Xaxysh

Xaxysh

Oct 28, 2020
Do feel a need to cut yourself or do you just want to? If it's the former then you'll just do it without giving it a second thought. The latter is a different story. I cut myself for two reasons. The first reason is my anxiety is at a level where I can't control it and I need it to stop quick and I use pain to try and stop it. The idea being swap mental pain for physical pain. It doesn't work anymore and I am now addicted to it and I can't stop. The second reason is self hatred, and I do it as a punishment for simply being me. I think I deserve it. Problem with pain is it's like any drug the more you use it the less it works and the more you need it until you end up in a+e with blood spewing out of an artery. And a possible trip to a mental hospital. I wouldn't dream of telling you not to do it, just be careful.
i already do hurt myself using fire, however i really hate the smell and feel of burnt hair so im thinking of switching methods but i genuienly have no idea how to do it lol, like do i put pressure on the blade or just slide it across my skin or what. sorry for sounding dumb

Upvote 0