• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
I'm in UK and i DON'T WANT A FUNERAL. there's a complete disregard law-wise to what the person requests to be done with their body. I know that even if i write a will i'll first need to appoint an executor and it's only based on trust whether that person sticks to the will or not... is there any other way that i can avoid having a funeral? Cremation is fckn expensive and i don't want to strain my family.. and also, why not do smth good if you're already dead? Science needs bodies, that's for sure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stepheng7287, Deleted member 23586, LonelyDude15 and 8 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
A Direct Cremation would cost around £1,000 and you can arrange it in advance. It's simply a private cremation and ashes given to a family member of your choice. No viewings of the body and no service. Google Direct Cremation.

Reactions: ronigail9
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
A Direct Cremation would cost around £1,000 and you can arrange it in advance. It's simply a private cremation and ashes given to a family member of your choice. No viewings of the body and no service. Google Direct Cremation.
Honestly i'm kinda sick and tired of everyone making a good business on death. I can't understand how can our society completely disregard our wishes as to what to do with out body after we die... a wooden box is biodegradable and costs maybe what 50 bucks? Plus burial another 100 and that should be it for f's sake.. but thank you for answering ♡

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, TooConscious, Stepheng7287 and 8 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Honestly i'm kinda sick and tired of everyone making a good business on death. I can't understand how can our society completely disregard our wishes as to what to do with out body after we die... a wooden box is biodegradable and costs maybe what 50 bucks? Plus burial another 100 and that should be it for f's sake.. but thank you for answering ♡

Yes, it's a total farce isn't it, but it's WAY cheaper than a funeral and ideal if you don't want friends/family to attend, they'd have no involvement whatsoever, and the funeral company will adhere to your wishes, that's guaranteed.

Reactions: TooConscious and Lucifer'sRight
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Forgive me if I'm wrong but even if you donate your body to science, what's really stopping people from having a funeral about you anyway? People still hold funerals even when bodies are completely missing or when they're cremated. Unfortunately you can't always control what happens to your remains and yeah, a will doesn't necessarily 100% guarantee that either. Best to not worry about it if you can...

Reactions: justpeachy, Silvermorning, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
Forgive me if I'm wrong but even if you donate your body to science, what's really stopping people from having a funeral about you anyway? People still hold funerals even when bodies are completely missing or when they're cremated. Unfortunately you can't always control what happens to your remains and yeah, a will doesn't necessarily 100% guarantee that either. Best to not worry about it if you can...
As far as i've read there isn't a funeral when you donate your body..

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I still think it's possible that if people really wanted to have one, they could do it anyway even if your actual body isn't there but matters less.

Reactions: AngelGirl
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
I still think it's possible that if people really wanted to have one, they could do it anyway even if your actual body isn't there but matters less.
Yea, you might be quite right actually. As per usual all the power is for the living.. ugh..

• Aww..
Reactions: taylor321, Skathon, AngelGirl and 1 other person
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
Why exactly do you not want a funeral, if you don't mind me asking?
I think it's a huge financial burden for the family as they're in a different country, so storage, transportation, then the funeral itself counts in like grands... also ijust feel very strongly about the ownership of my own body, and i hate the traditional burial practices

Reactions: AngelGirl and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it's a huge financial burden for the family as they're in a different country, so storage, transportation, then the funeral itself counts in like grands... also ijust feel very strongly about the ownership of my own body, and i hate the traditional burial practices
I see. It's thoughtful of you to consider that at least. I suppose making a proper will is still your best shot at reducing their burden but yeah, there's still issues with that too..... I can't think of any other solutions. The only reason I can think of that a family wouldn't hold a funeral for someone would be if they had a reason to hate that family member but I don't necessarily recommend making them hate you either.

Reactions: Lucifer'sRight
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I'm in UK and i DON'T WANT A FUNERAL. there's a complete disregard law-wise to what the person requests to be done with their body. I know that even if i write a will i'll first need to appoint an executor and it's only based on trust whether that person sticks to the will or not... is there any other way that i can avoid having a funeral? Cremation is fckn expensive and i don't want to strain my family.. and also, why not do smth good if you're already dead? Science needs bodies, that's for sure.
I have a will and in it I have stated i want to be cremated and NO funeral. I did my own will - you don't need a solicitor. An acquaintance is the exector and she's competent, I know she will ensure my will is followed by the book

• Love
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I've written that I want to be cremated in my note but honestly, I wish someone would just chuck me on a bonfire so no one has to waste money on me :)

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Zyntkalla and Lucifer'sRight
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Don't know if you even can. If some people really wanna cry over you they probably will

Reactions: Skathon and Lucifer'sRight
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
I've written that I want to be cremated in my note but honestly, I wish someone would just chuck me on a bonfire so no one has to waste money on me :)
I love gyoza. It's def going to be my last meal xd♡

Reactions: elfgyoza
Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
I have thought about going beachy head and hope my body goes out to sea.

R

ronigail9

Student
Oct 5, 2019
Why does it matter if you are dead? Funerals are for the living. At my funeral I know I will be victim blamed up the ass. "She didn't care, she didn't try, sooooo selfish"

• Hugs
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I actually looked into this a few weeks ago (UK too). I want cremated and my artwork shipped to my friend abroad and I have reason to believe that neither of these things will happen unless I get a 3rd party to act on my behalf.

My solution was to find a solicitor that would act as my executor of my will. You write a will with your wishes, get your solicitor to sign it and store a copy. You store a copy somewhere where it will be found. Not all solicitors will do this and they will charge for the service. The charge seems to vary considerably from solicitor to solicitor. Some will ask for a percentage of your "estate" or just a lump sum. It just depends. You will have to "shop" around.

As for the medical part -- I expect you will have to contact a medical university or a hospital and ask around. There will not be a direct answer, but if you dig hard enough, you will get somewhere. There is always a need for bodies. This will need to be added to your will that is stored with your solicitor or otherwise. I expect the place that you find to take your body will want to take you in to document your metrics. You will probably be asked weird questions about why you're deciding to donate your body on death. Just tell them that you're passionate about it and don't hint in the slightest about your plans.

Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
I feel like there's some confusion here between "funeral" (where the body is usually present) and "memorial service" (where it isn't, and the arrangements are really no different than for any other sort of gathering--except the stationery will probably be more somber!). As others have pointed out, you can't really stop anyone having a service about you.

Note that if you do donate your body to science, they do typically have a yearly service to memorialize the people that donated their bodies, en masse. Instructors are at pains to impress upon medical students the importance of the contribution made by donors, and though every cheesy medical show seems to have a bit about med students doing something horrible with a body, it's pretty rare, and likely to get you kicked out. At any rate, I doubt most of us here are all that sentimental about the treatment of our corpses.

Reactions: Caspers
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020

You can always donate your body to the American Necrophile Association. They're always in need of dead bodies.

ok, so that was a joke btw.

Reactions: Symbiote and Choronzon
Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
Yes - just search "whole body donation." There are companies that you can sign up with in advance and it makes it a LOT easier on your family/loved ones etc.
Naturally, your method CTB would need to be considered. A shotgun to the head would most likely negate any type of whole body donation. Also your location... how long it takes to be found etc. As long as your body is still intact and not decaying, I imagine you'd be good for donation.

Last edited:
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
The means of disposing of the body does not affect the ability to have a funeral / memorial service or not. It may be customary to dispose of the body (like burial, cremation etc) at the funeral but that needn't be the case. You can state your wishes in this area in a will.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
That's not true. A funeral can be just held with family and no body. There is absolutely no way you can stop what you aren't there to stop. Your family makes that choice. Unfortunately when we make the choice to leave this world we lose our rights to make those calls. We can't control what happens after we CTB. This is why it's very important to make your wishes known to your family and just hope they give two shits.
And just because you have in your will I don't want a funeral doesn't stop your family. Sure, they may not get to use your body but they can still hold a funeral without a body...

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/useful-contacts-for-body-disposal.16260/

I've also included in my will that I forbid any funerals, memorial services or that ilk of shit. If someone wants to spend money on me they'd better do it while I'm alive.

Reactions: Lucifer'sRight and woxihuanni
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/useful-contacts-for-body-disposal.16260/

I've also included in my will that I forbid any funerals, memorial services or that ilk of shit. If someone wants to spend money on me they'd better do it while I'm alive.
Unfortunately that really doesn't mean anything aside from the fact they might not be able to use your body. You cannot prevent them from holding a funeral without your body. Hopefully your family isn't that selfish that they would completely go against your wishes but sadly some are...

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Nooo...

Whether or not there's a funeral is completely up to the family.

There doesn't have to be a body, and it doesn't matter what happens to the body in reality. There's no funeral law, no funeral police. It's not mandatory or automatic, either. But if they want to pay for a funeral, all they have to do is find a funeral home to do it and pay the money. Or they could just get together somewhere and do it themselves.

They're alive... They can do whatever they want. It doesn't even matter if you forbid it in a letter or a will. Maybe they'll respect your wishes, maybe not. If they decide to gather and honor you, nobody is going to stop them. The only way to really make sure there's no funeral is to not be dead.

I'm curious: Everyone is always concerned with funerals, but what about obituaries? Equally uncontrollable, but does that idea bother you?

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I am not sure what the cultural or philosophical traditions are of those you leave behind but are. I can only share my experiences.

We no longer have funerals. Keep in mind during Covid it is restricted however we long ago stopped this practise for a variety of reasons.

The most important reason being to fulfill last requests.

We more commonly have "memorials" where there is no viewing of the body, etc... but rather a gathering and a modest ceremony.

It is far less financially burdensome to those left behind, includes all faiths and creeds of friends and family, and we are reacquainted with loved ones.

A funeral or even memorial maybe restricted in where you are in because of rising Covid cases.