• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
I have no method. This is frustrating, I want to have at least a method of knowing how I will ctb. I don't have money for SN, don't have access to buy a lot of items required for other methods, no place to hang, nowhere to jump from. The only method I have readily available would be to slice my wrists. Is it really that difficult? Why is there such a low chance of success, is it because its usually done on an impulse or is it really just that difficult. I'd be planning on cutting on my wrists, the femoral artery seems to be more complicated and just more skin to cut through imo.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: draw a circle, puppy9 and Woodnote
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It's difficult and painful; as you note, most fail for a reason. Even assuming you hit both arteries, there isn't a guarantee you will bleed out before clotting. In addition to the pain, if you hit the radial nerve, you likely won't be able to cut on the opposing side, same for several tendons.

Reactions: serah
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
The femoral artery is actually not that difficult to reach if you know how to do it, but are you sure that's what you want to do? You will experience massive blood loss and probably go into shock, and make it traumatic for the person who finds you, at least if you do it indoors.

Reactions: puppy9 and serah
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Respectfully, you are full of shit. Anyone who has ever placed or seen a femoral line put in knows this is NOT true. The femoral artery is about the worst place you could try to cut, and I won't even talk about the femoral nerve hanging out there

• Hugs
Reactions: next-season .?
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
The femoral artery is actually not that difficult to reach if you know how to do it, but are you sure that's what you want to do? You will experience massive blood loss and probably go into shock, and make it traumatic for the person who finds you, at least if you do it indoors.
It's definitely not my ideal method but it happens to be the only one I have. I guess I will just continue waiting.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and Sensei
strawberryfield

strawberryfield

Jul 10, 2020
i definitely don't think you should use this method. it's extremely unreliable and you've got to know what you're doing to be able to succeed

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Respectfully, you are full of shit. Anyone who has ever seen a femoral line put in knows this is NOT true. The femoral artery is about the worst place you could try to cut, and I won't even talk about the femoral nerve hanging out there

It's very close to the surface in the femoral triangle. I don't doubt for a second that it's difficult to put in a femoral line, but you need to remember that you don't need that kind of precision here. There's a big difference between inserting a needle and delivering a stab or two. Also, you need to remember that people have managed to cut their femoral artery in the kitchen by mistake and they have obviously not applied great force. So, maybe it's you who are full of shit?

• Love
Reactions: serah and puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1, got2beFionaC, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are correct, the femoral artery is so shallow that even a slight breeze and a loose piece of paper risks severing it. Give me a break. It is much deeper and protected than you apparently appreciate. Yes people have possibly cut it by mistake with a kitchen knife. I even saw a video of a beaver killing a Russian (?) guy by biting him in the thighs (for real).

that said, playing stabby stabby in the groin region is such a monumentally bad idea, as success is far from guaranteed, and the proximity of the femoral nerve means no walky walky for quite some time, if ever again. I don't dispute it is of course possible to do, but it is also possible to hit a carotid.

The only case I've seen on here of a femoral attempt resulted in the user failing and being unable to walk for a year.

I endeavor to avoid people harming themselves. Your advice to go the femoral route is harmful and unlikely to result in anything other than failure and significant, perhaps permanent injury. I'd give the same advice if you recommended aNother artery, such as the brachial due to possibility of long term damage. For recommending a user do something so damaging and unlikely to succeed, I say you are full of shit, respectfully.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
You are correct, the femoral artery is so shallow that even a slight breeze and a loose piece of paper risks severing it. Give me a break. It is much deeper and protected than you apparently appreciate. Yes people have possibly cut it by mistake with a kitchen knife. I even saw a video of a beaver killing a Russian (?) guy by biting him in the thighs (for real).

that said, playing stabby stabby in the groin region is such a monumentally bad idea, as success is far from guaranteed, and the proximity of the femoral nerve means no walky walky for quite some time, if ever again. I don't dispute it is of course possible to do, but it is also possible to hit a carotid.

The only case I've seen on here of a femoral attempt resulted in the user failing and being unable to walk for a year.

I endeavor to avoid people harming themselves. Your advice to go the femoral route is harmful and unlikely to result in anything other than failure and significant, perhaps permanent injury. I'd give the same advice if you recommended aNother artery, such as the brachial due to possibility of long term damage. For recommending a user do something so damaging and unlikely to succeed, I say you are full of shit, respectfully.

First of all, where, exactly where, in my posts in this thread do I recommend this method? Read what I've actually written and you'll see that I do the very opposite. Let's keep the discussion on an at least rudimentarily decent level. We're not children, are we? Now, it's possible to actually feel the pulse in the femoral triangle and I've been told by medically trained persons that the artery only runs roughly 0.5–1.5 cm beneath the surface there, depending on body type. So, it's more than possible to locate and sever the artery, especially if more than one stab is delivered. You're right about one thing, though, and that is that the femoral nerve runs close to the artery, so failure may indeed lead to permanent damage.

Reactions: puppy9
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I think I've read somewhere that it takes a long time, 20 mins or so to bleed out from your wrists, idk if it's accurate but if it is then it's gonna be hard to die from that. I also read somewhere else that if you submerge your wounds in hot/warm water it will prevent the blood from clotting? Don't take my words for sure tho I know nothing. And there are a lot of threads here that talks about how this isn't a good method. Best of luck for you dude

Last edited:
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
SN isnt expensive

Reactions: puppy9
E

Eternity04

Zzzz
May 2, 2020
Cutting sucks I have a lot of scars on my arm and my neck I wouldn't recommend since I think you need to be strong mentally

R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
I have no method. This is frustrating, I want to have at least a method of knowing how I will ctb. I don't have money for SN, don't have access to buy a lot of items required for other methods, no place to hang, nowhere to jump from. The only method I have readily available would be to slice my wrists. Is it really that difficult? Why is there such a low chance of success, is it because its usually done on an impulse or is it really just that difficult. I'd be planning on cutting on my wrists, the femoral artery seems to be more complicated and just more skin to cut through imo.
I tried that. Failed. Didn't cut deep enough and came to after passing out...Quite painful and didn't have enough Adrenalin to keep cutting. Trying yew tree method now.

InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
When I was younger, uninformed, and really desperate, I tried slitting my wrists to kill myself after overdosing on my prescriptions failed me. I don't know much about anatomy and was planning to cut until I found an artery and knick it and bleed out. Besides the pain of cutting itself, it's really surreal seeing your flesh all torn and bloody. The reason I failed was because it was incredibly painful and bloody, even in my crazy suicidal numb state. So I called an ambulance and was fixed up. I don't recommend this method to anyone. :(

• Love
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
SN isnt expensive
Perhaps I was thinking about N? I know one of the two is expensive and rare to find. Either way I'd have to find a way to buy it online and sneak it in without family noticing it, and that might be difficult.

K

Kaugummi

Nov 10, 2019
I am a long time self harmer and work in the medical field and let me tell you... It's not a good way to go. Right now I am at a point where I might end up actually killing myself on accident with selfharm. (Deep cuts while abusing the shit out of prescription blood thinners and alcohol). Either through acute or through chronic blood loss (already received multiple transfusions due to my blood levels being life threateningly low).

Bleeding to death is not nearly as peaceful and dandy as movies make it out to be (unless you severe your aorta and die within seconds maybe). You feel like absolute shit. Cold sweat, nausea, vomiting, dizzyness, panic and pain (not just from the cut, at some point your whole body just starts to ache). And these symptoms can drag on for quite a while before eyou pass out. Plus cutting your radial artery just isn't reliable unless you do it absolutely correctly. Which is almost impossible for most people because of the pain and lack of medical/anatomical knowledge.
I just overall cannot recommend it. I have however fantasized about cutting my radial as a form of self harm (not to die from it). But oh boy I don't want to have to deal with and explain that scar for the rest of my life.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Eternity04 and make_00
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
As a 37 year old who has self harmed with cutting, to actually cut deep enough to hit an artery and bleed out would take quite a lot of nerve, pain threshold and gag reflex. Even inflicting small cuts on your arms can sting like a bitch! Puncturing the skin deep enough to do through the right area would be very difficult. I imagine bleeding out through such a small cut would take some time too.

Reactions: JGT
scorpiooo2

scorpiooo2

saddest grl
Aug 23, 2019
It's very difficult, I've tried a few times in my dumb teenage years. It was extremely painful and I couldn't get it done. Just ended up getting blood everywhere.

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
It's definitely not my ideal method but it happens to be the only one I have. I guess I will just continue waiting.
Hanging, as in full suspension is the cleanest was, with a full 87% of all suicides by hanging are successful

OhItsZemblanity

OhItsZemblanity

Apr 12, 2020
Depending on your location, SN is available for rather cheap on [Insert major online retailer for everything]. $20ish for 113 grams of reagent grade SN. It's the antiemetics that are the hard thing to get unless you have health insurance. Death by cutting will take an incredibly strong will to succeed. If you do fail and can't go through with it or are found, you'll also be spending quite a bit of time in a psych ward, thus adding financial stress onto the list of problems.

Last edited: