Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I am writing this post because I need to let things of my chest. I had a very dark childhood filled with neglect, abuse, bullying, exploitation, sexual assault, molestation and etc. One of my biggest triggers is seeing a different human being in suffering especially children, for example seeing a child begging on the street or a child working in our houses as a maid which is very common in our culture. I remember I was around 7 years old and started crying at the sight of 2 sisters, one my age and one slightly older than her, coming in our house to work as maids. I begged my mother to give them, especially the younger one, clean clothes, makeup, girly things and etc. I just couldn't imagine her working in our household while I lived a luxurious lifestyle where I had everything done for me.
Moving onto the next point, these are all minimum wage workers( I shouldn't even have to call them workers) earning around 60 dollars for one month of work. What hurts me the most that these people are working in these households because their families don't have enough money. How is it fair that we can spend enormous amount of money on luxury brands which is equivalent to these peoples one month salary. Isn't it better to use that same money and donate it to them so their lives can improve. I don't understand the need to buy a designer bag to show off how rich we are. I mean if you really need a purse to store things, you might as well buy a local one rather than a Louis Vuitton. It makes me sick how malevolent our intentions are.
These are just one of my thoughts which prompt me to CTB. I am tired of fighting this cruel existence, and no one cares enough. Just recently my messed up family went on vacation and I just thought how that money could actually go in someones pockets to help them out of poverty

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, rationaltake, Journeytoletgo and 5 others
J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I don't know anything about your situation but if you are rich you could actually learn how to have at least some power over things, at least easier than other people. Use the time that having money gives you to study how to gain power and then use it to try and change things for the better.

That said, altruism can't be everything there is. That's not how human beings function, there are certain needs that need to be met, social, sexual etc. You have to think of yourself first, in order to help others. It's a really tricky thing to do and many who try fail, one way or another.

Life sucks, but it's all there is. All your emotions, your empathy for others, it wont matter once you are dead.

Reactions: Euthanza
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
It is crazy how we all live on the same planet but some get to live in different worlds.

Reactions: Un-
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's an extremely cruel and unfair world. To me, it would be better if life was never a thing in the first place. All the suffering that people experience would have been prevented by never being born at all.

• Love
Reactions: Astral Storm, redeyepiranha and Sick&TiredURGH
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Seems you're a good person to even think about that. I almost lost all my hope in humanity because I got defrauded 4 times in last 6 years that cost half of saving, even harder to trust anyone. it's like everyone (poor, rich and the middle) want to suck anything out of my kindness while I can only be idle in a dysfunctional law system. I really hate this kinda system of life, there's no really safe place for anything, honesty is really rare, everything's fake, eat or be eaten is the norm.

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, Astral Storm and LittleJem
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I apologise for the delay; this post took a huge toll on me. I wanted to express my gratitude for everyone's feedback. I also wanted to say that life will always be harsh and that I am tired of seeing people act false. Without a doubt, we live in a bubble. Just the idea of someone passing away right now in the most horrific way possible, or the widespread torture, the conflicts. It is a curse, at least to me, that I can sense everyone else's suffering. How am I supposed to live happy when all these crazy things are happening at once. Why does God let such intense misery.The saddest part is that I share everyone else's inaction on these problems. Even when I strive, it doesn't matter that I try to display kindness . Im just as worse as everybody because Im not doing anything about these issues. Everyday is painful, and the thought of someone's suffering enervates me