• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
... when things like locked-in syndrome (complete body paralysis) exist?

I researched it out of morbid curiousity (big mistake) and the articles I come across in my research were about how "people with locked-in syndrome totally still live meaningful and healthy lives" and it just sounds like a huge cope because people aren't willing to admit that there really are fates worse than death. And the worst part is that, although its rare, it's unavoidable / completely random. It could happen to anyone. And even worse, usually people without medical intervention will eventually naturally die (of starvation, you can't eat normally with full body paralysis), so mother nature has some checks and balances to make sure you aren't suffering forever. However, the absolute smoothbrains of the world for some reason think it's a good idea to force people with this condition to live against their will in this horrible state because "suicide always bad, life always good."

No offense, but if I had complete body paralysis and could only communicate with only vertical eye movement then the only thing I will say is "kill me kill me kill me kill me," maybe the pro-life idiots of the world would finally get the message. Or, maybe they'd only get the message if they were actually forced to live with it, in which case then nobody would take them seriously. Funny how that works.

Medical system is fucked. Make euthanasia accessible (especially those with severe, incurable health complications).

Reactions: wCvML2, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023

I researched it out of morbid curiousity (big mistake) and the articles I come across in my research were about how "people with locked-in syndrome totally still live meaningful and healthy lives" and it just sounds like a huge cope because people aren't willing to admit that there really are fates worse than death. And the worst part is that, although its rare, it's unavoidable / completely random. It could happen to anyone. And even worse, usually people without medical intervention will eventually naturally die (of starvation, you can't eat normally with full body paralysis), so mother nature has some checks and balances to make sure you aren't suffering forever. However, the absolute smoothbrains of the world for some reason think it's a good idea to force people with this condition to live against their will in this horrible state because "suicide always bad, life always good."

No offense, but if I had complete body paralysis and could only communicate with only vertical eye movement then the only thing I will say is "kill me kill me kill me kill me," maybe the pro-life idiots of the world would finally get the message. Or, maybe they'd only get the message if they were actually forced to live with it, in which case then nobody would take them seriously. Funny how that works.

Medical system is fucked. Make euthanasia accessible (especially those with severe, incurable health complications).
I think they don't think through things critically that's why. Or they live in their perfect little bubble and don't think through life's we will say imperfections.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and Loona6546645
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree with you- that death seems far more appealing to a whole bunch of things. But then- that isn't all that logical either. I've never experienced death (that I remember.) I don't know for sure what comes after. (Hopefully nothing but, who knows?) It's a weird statement either way really because, we are comparing something relatively known about- life, with something we actually know nothing about- death.

I suppose for people who fear hell might be real- that could also be pretty bad! Again, hopefully it doesn't exist but, who knows for sure?

I imagine most of the people who say this aren't suicidal though. They truly want to hang on to their lives for as long as possible because, for some bizarre reason, it still seems worthwhile to them. I agree though, they likely haven't thought it through properly- what life would actually be like if their quality of life plummeted.

• Hmph!
Reactions: fkyou
F

frost_

Jun 6, 2024

I thought you had to be exaggerating, because how can a fully paralyzed person that can only move their eyes have a healthy and meaningful life?

The very first search link is a study measuring the quality of life of people with locked in syndrome. And incredibly, they report the same average quality of life.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it so horrific how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this terrible, torturous existence, personally I'd prefer to not exist no matter what, I only hope to never exist again.

Reactions: sserafim
eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
maybe they are scared to admit this, because then that means = their life one day might not be worth living and then what do they do..?

Reactions: Terios, sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
yellowjester

yellowjester

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Cognirive dissonance. Their brain protects from finding a truth that would be so detrimental to their mental health that it could threaten their very existence. It's a very important mechanism.

Reactions: Terios, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
Most people operate on a "this won't happen to me"-mindset to be able to protect their own psyches. That's a big part in why people tend to take stupid risks too.

Reactions: Terios, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What's worse than death - if a life is running perfectly fine then probably death is the worst that can ever stop that life until natural death bc of old age. If it's different then death is the one and only relief from all suffering and pain in this life.

• Yay!
Reactions: fkyou
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
To me my Death is the best thing by a trillion times.

Death = non-existence forever. What could be better ? It's the only thing with zero pain zero suffering zero problems, no bad memories. What life has zero pain zero problems zero suffering? Who has never suffered pain? Who has never had a very difficult problem or horrible thing happen? there is no reason to put up with any work, chores , problems , suffering, threats , etc

The only reason we have to put up with all those bad things is because we were brought here without our consent and are alive

I'm jealous of the non-existent. I don't envy any sentient creature that can suffer unbearable pain.

Non-existence frees one from all responsibilities, all work, all problems , all threats at once and forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and eden101
S

shame

Jul 17, 2024
To me my Death is the best thing by a trillion times.

Death = non-existence forever. What could be better ? It's the only thing with zero pain zero suffering zero problems, no bad memories. What life has zero pain zero problems zero suffering? Who has never suffered pain? Who has never had a very difficult problem or horrible thing happen? there is no reason to put up with any work, chores , problems , suffering, threats , etc

The only reason we have to put up with all those bad things is because we were brought here without our consent and are alive

I'm jealous of the non-existent. I don't envy any sentient creature that can suffer unbearable pain.

Non-existence frees one from all responsibilities, all work, all problems , all threats at once and forever.
I can't imagine non-existence.. maybe I just don't have to..
It's like everything appeared out of nothing then go to nowhere. I know I might sound stupid, it's just some thoughts.

eden101

eden101

Aug 12, 2024
I can't imagine non-existence.. maybe I just don't have to..
It's like everything appeared out of nothing then go to nowhere. I know I might sound stupid, it's just some thoughts.
yes, we humans cant imagine it, our brains arent fit to imagine absolute nothing. the universe is so scary, no matter what, even if something came out of nothing or returns to nothing, it still makes no sense to me and i cant comprehend it