• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

personotin

Jun 3, 2024
I don't know how long I should write my suicide letter and what I should put on it. That's what I want to know. Almost every time I've tried to write one, it's only like three sentences long and about how my close family abused me and I hate them. I feel like that may seem kind of meaningless or just like slander or something. I kind of just want to say f u to them. I don't know what I should write. I don't expect it to change anything. Just to say I couldn't take it anymore and it wasn't an accident.

ncallingme

ncallingme

Mar 21, 2024
I'm sorry that you have to deal with the abuse. Maybe you can share specific experience, like the straw that broke the camel's back.

Reactions: personotin
Upvote 0
drearysunrise

drearysunrise

Feb 3, 2024
I guess it depends. What's your goal with writing the letter, and who is going to read it? If you're writing it solely for your abusive family I don't think you owe them any more than clarifying that this was your own decision. The rest is entirely up to what you want to communicate, if you want to communicate anything else at all. I don't see a problem with saying you hate them if that's what you want to say

Reactions: personotin
Upvote 0
D

dolemitedrums

Student
Jun 12, 2024
It's not slander (or in this case libel) if it's true. But that said, going out with a spiteful FU to anyone is certainly within your rights, but it doesn't leave the best final impression with the world. I would focus more on what they did and what the long term consequences were for you, as opposed to here's what they did and they're a piece of shit and they should burn in hell, etc. It's a case where maybe it will be good or cathartic for you to get that out in drafts...and then for the final version maybe try to leave something that goes down a little easier with the reader and isn't about anger or hatred, or at least not overwhelmingly so. I think the more you just talk about what happened and the struggles it caused you, the more the reader will be able to sympathize. Just my guess.

• Love
Reactions: Artemisia and itsalittlecold
Upvote 0
I

itsalittlecold

Jun 7, 2024
I think guilt will always outweigh hate… by writing a letter filled with hate towards them, will give them reason to resent.
Personally I've always gone for the 'kill em with kindness' approach, leave them wondering, leave them such a heartfelt message that will make the bad things they've done to you, weigh on there minds for the rest of there lives.

Upvote 0