Daymondog

Daymondog

Oct 10, 2023
everytime i am extremely close to CTBing after thinking "hey guys i guess thats it" my brain proceeds to make some philosophical shit about death consciousness and life after death and it makes me stop. But i don't want that to happen,i wish i could just go through it it has happened twice and i hate it. Is there any way i can shut up my brain whenever that happens?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti and Forever Sleep
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It's just survival instinct kicking in.
On my last ( failed attempt ) I just told myself that consciousness is purely physical and there is no afterlife.
Once my brain dies that's it, lights out forever.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I've read that thinking about the reason as to why you want to ctb, before you attempt to ctb, helps. Also, alcohol.

As for consciousness after death, I have no clue, nobody knows. But I do find this case very interest, this woman seemingly had no brain activity but was still able to tell what's going on.

Pam Reynolds Lowery (1956 – May 22, 2010), from Atlanta, Georgia, was an American singer-songwriter. In 1991, at the age of 35, she stated that she had a near-death experience (NDE) during a brain operation performed by Robert F. Spetzler at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Reynolds was under close medical monitoring during the entire operation. During part of the operation she had no brain-wave activity and no blood flowing in her brain, which rendered her clinically dead. She claimed to have made several observations during the procedure which medical personnel reported to be accurate. Reynolds reported that during the operation she heard a sound like a natural 'D' that seemed to pull her out of her body and allowed her to "float" above the operating room and watch the doctors perform the operation. Reynolds claims that during this time she felt "more aware than normal" and her vision was more focused and clearer than normal vision. She reported seeing the surgical "saw" but said it looked like an electric toothbrush, and this is in fact true. She said she could hear conversations between operating room staff, even though she had earphones in her ears which were making a loud clicking noise many times per second in order to monitor her brain function. At some point during the operation, she says she noticed a presence and was pulled towards a light. She says she began to discern figures in the light, including her grandmother, an uncle, other deceased relatives and people unknown to her. According to Reynolds, the longer she was there, the more she enjoyed it, but at some point she was reminded that she had to go back. She says her uncle brought her back to her body, but she did not want to go, so he pushed her in, and the sensation was like that of jumping into ice water.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate how it's so difficult to die and I understand why you'd feel so frustrated at the survival instinct kicking in, it really should be more straightforward to finally be free from this existence. I personally just believe death is nothingness, once we cease existing that is it for us, we are gone, death is finally the end to all suffering.