Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I am determined to end my life, but one thing holding me back is my parents. I can't stop thinking about how they'll feel after I'm gone. I have a complicated relationship with them but I love them. Other people will get over my death quickly, but I don't know if they ever will...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: snow-angel, ijustwishtodie, hoodymend and 3 others
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
They never will. Parents don't get over the death of their kids, even if they act normal on the outside. You must accept this if you want to make an informed, rational decision to ctb. It sucks.

• Informative
Reactions: Oeoe3, qualityOV3Rquantity, yellowjester and 3 others
sweetcreep

sweetcreep

Jul 21, 2024
i understand where you're coming from, but if someone has any love at all for their child, that loss will be devastating. some parents never move past it. i worry about my parents a lot, but death is a part of life and that's how i choose to make myself feel better about it. the pain i feel everyday also helps to remove some of the guilt i have for wanting to ctb. but i dont think anything you can do or say will make them hurt less. i'm sorry.

Reactions: Trav1989 and Blurry_Buildings
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
I know where you're coming from. My parents will be devastated when I'm gone. They'll also be the ones who'll discover my body since I'm planning to ctb at home with SN. The only thing I can do is make sure that they benefit from my death financially. Just to leave them something that'll keep them going a little while longer. At least they have lots of relatives who will look after them after I'm gone. One of my mom's sisters is wealthy and they're close. She's sure to help her out in case of any dire problems

hoodymend

hoodymend

Jun 24, 2024
This is the main reason im not gone yet. I feel so awful about doing this to them