• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

ljyip

Sep 29, 2019
I tried using a necktie. I had some difficulty getting the knot above my larynx, but it seemed to be barely when I executed it. (Used slipknot and a fly swatter as the turning handle of the tourniquet). Right after the final twist, I couldn't breathe and my mind was getting dizzy, but I didn't pass out in a minute.

I want to stick to using a necktie, since getting other rope without anyone else knowing is too difficult for me. But I'll still accept suggestions of other ropes.

Any other suggestions that I can improve my method or any other methods that would reduce the risk of failure? Thanks.

Reactions: Rossrossross
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I've been using a combat tourniquet. Mine was expensive, try searching on Ebay for a used one if you can. I put a headband around my neck and put the tourniquet, tighten it, and feel woozy in a few seconds. Positioning did not seem to matter for me.

The nice thing about the combat tourniquet is that the twisting handle can be locked in place. It won't slip even if you fall.

Reactions: MaybeSoon
M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
I've been using a combat tourniquet. Mine was expensive, try searching on Ebay for a used one if you can. I put a headband around my neck and put the tourniquet, tighten it, and feel woozy in a few seconds. Positioning did not seem to matter for me.

The nice thing about the combat tourniquet is that the twisting handle can be locked in place. It won't slip even if you fall.

Are these easy to release when testing?

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Are these easy to release when testing?
You need to unlock the mechanism, which is easy to do. I still wouldn't practice around my neck untill I got the hang of it. Practice around your leg first.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola and MaybeSoon
M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
You need to unlock the mechanism, which is easy to do. I still wouldn't practice around my neck untill I got the hang of it. Practice around your leg first.

Thanks, actually leaning more towards this method than SN now.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019

Will you be attempting to CTB with the combat tourniquet, or were you just experimenting?

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Will you be attempting to CTB with the combat tourniquet, or were you just experimenting?
I'm currently torn between the tourniquet method and sodium nitrite. The tourniquet is probably more failproof (literally nothing can go wrong unless you are found, those things do not come off on their own!) but the nitrite could be "nicer" in a way.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I'm currently torn between the tourniquet method and sodium nitrite. The tourniquet is probably more failproof (literally nothing can go wrong unless you are found, those things do not come off on their own!) but the nitrite could be "nicer" in a way.

I'm so jealous the tourniquet works so well for you. Do you get any airway/trachea compression or discomfort with it?

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I'm so jealous the tourniquet works so well for you. Do you get any airway/trachea compression or discomfort with it?
No. I can breathe pretty much normally during the process, albeit a bit labored. Besides the inherent awkwardness of this military-style device around my neck, I'd say this method has been painless in my test runs.