• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
If I write it all down and take it to a lawyer, and he will see that Im 26 looking obviously healthy, giving away my things and shit and wanting it signed, wont it raise red flags and tip them off to try 'saving' me?
I feel like I kind of need it done, I want to close the lid on some stuff.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Say it's in case you get Covid

Reactions: There Look! Nothing, Dr Iron Arc and BridgeJumper
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
And also will it cost me and how it is done ._.
Is it difficult to do?

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
And also will it cost me and how it is done ._.
Is it difficult to do?

I assume it will take time and money since it involves lawyers and they are the scum of the earth. I'm not even going to bother with a will, fuck everyone on this planet

Reactions: My_name_is_Luka
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I just want my parents to not get even the dirt off my fingernails.
Exploring my options to shut them out from my funeral too, assuming my body is even found.
I have people I actually love that I want what I own to go to

Maybe my friend could do it free of charge? Waaait, shes not a lawyer, not yet.

Last edited:
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
I think you can write your own will without a lawyer, but you need two people (who aren't a spouse or heir) to witness you do it. Might depend on where you live, though.

Reactions: BridgeJumper
lonelyhouse

lonelyhouse

Jun 30, 2020
I assume it will take time and money since it involves lawyers and they are the scum of the earth. I'm not even going to bother with a will, fuck everyone on this planet
Wow, thanks for that. I'm a lawyer.

• Aww..
Reactions: peacechoice and BeHope
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I'd definitely try to go see a lawyer about this, they'll be able to help you get what you need

Nohopeinhell

Nohopeinhell

Mar 1, 2020
In the UK its £50. My little brother done a will aged 23. They dont question why you are doing one. Its not unusual for young people to do a will.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
They don't really have a right to ask you why you need it. Anyone can have one.

As for finalizing it, that depends mostly on where you live. You don't necessarily need a lawyer at all, particularly if it's a very simple will. However, it is recommended to involve a lawyer to ensure that the will can hold up in court. Typically, you only need two witnesses who are not beneficiaries.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't even really understand what a will is in terms of how it legally exists

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't even really understand what a will is in terms of how it legally exists
Well, you likely own some things. They're your property. Legally, they become someone else's property when you die. If you don't have a will, they just go to your next of kin (though determining who that is exactly can sometimes be a legal battle). For most people — especially young people, who don't own much and don't have children — it's often not such a big deal. But the more property you own, or the more things you have, or the more people you want your possessions distributed to, the more complicated it can be to sort everything out. That's why the will exists. It is your legally-binding proclamation of what you want done with your "stuff."

It's helpful to get a lawyer, because wills often have to go through a process called probate, to in fact prove that it does in fact represent your true and valid final wishes. The will needs witnesses to prove that it was you who signed it and that you were of sound mind at the time and not under duress. The language of the will needs to be super clear as to settle any disputes. You need to name an Executor to handle all your affairs in your stead, and that person can't be one of the witnesses, nor should they be one of the beneficiaries, because that could tread some murky legal waters. There's a surprising amount that could go into it. It all depends on how much you own and how important it is to you what becomes of it after you pass. It's especially important for parents as they name guardians for their minor children.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Well, you likely own some things. They're your property. Legally, they become someone else's property when you die. If you don't have a will, they just go to your next of kin (though determining who that is exactly can sometimes be a legal battle). For most people — especially young people, who don't own much and don't have children — it's often not such a big deal. But the more property you own, or the more things you have, or the more people you want your possessions distributed to, the more complicated it can be to sort everything out. That's why the will exists. It is your legally-binding proclamation of what you want done with your "stuff."

It's helpful to get a lawyer, because wills often have to go through a process called probate, to in fact prove that it does in fact represent your true and valid final wishes. The will needs witnesses to prove that it was you who signed it and that you were of sound mind at the time and not under duress. The language of the will needs to be super clear as to settle any disputes. You need to name an Executor to handle all your affairs in your stead, and that person can't be one of the witnesses, nor should they be one of the beneficiaries, because that could tread some murky legal waters. There's a surprising amount that could go into it. It all depends on how much you own and how important it is to you what becomes of it after you pass. It's especially important for parents as they name guardians for their minor children.

That was very informative, thank you!
Good that I dont need to worry about anyone breathing down my back

C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
If I write it all down and take it to a lawyer, and he will see that Im 26 looking obviously healthy, giving away my things and shit and wanting it signed, wont it raise red flags and tip them off to try 'saving' me?
Writing a will does not indicate a desire to die. If you have assets it is a sensible and prudent thing to do at any age so your wishes are followed. It also avoids the inconveniences of intestacy. I wrote my will long before I considered ending things.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
Honestly, most wills are pretty formulaic unless you have a lot of assets, complicated interests in real property, or want to set up a trust. If you aren't looking to do anything special (other than ensure you don't die intestate so your property goes to your parents), you can probably just find a form-type website to help you write it yourself. Just check the rules in your state on how to make sure it's valid -- you'll need to have witnesses and/or have it notarized when you sign.

In the alternative, you can probably get an attorney to do it for a couple hundred dollars if it's not complex. Truth be told, you don't even have to tell the attorney if you want to make any specific bequests of personal property if you're worried that will come off weird. That's usually not included in a will anyway, there will just be a notation in the will that you may include a document stating such bequests since most people sell/lose/obtain personal property throughout their lives. Just be sure to notarize your document of specific bequests and attach it to the original will. Honestly, it's not weird at all for a young person to get a will; it's fairly standard stuff.

Reactions: My_name_is_Luka
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
One more question - additional to my property and money matters - can I outline what I want to happen with my body (mode of funeral, who I want to attend, doanting my body to science or for organs if thats possible)? Cause I have my own idea how I want to end things.

M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
Not at all. Two weeks ago I went to notary to complete my last will. He was kind of surprised because I am 24 years old but I would bet he didnt suspect that I want ctb soon.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
One more question - additional to my property and money matters - can I outline what I want to happen with my body (mode of funeral, who I want to attend, doanting my body to science or for organs if thats possible)? Cause I have my own idea how I want to end things.
Yes, you can include your testamentary wishes. There is a clause in my will indicating that I have a document prescribing my preferences for the funeral and how to deal with the body. The document is included as an appendix to the will. I'm sure there are other ways to set it up, but that's how mine is done.

It would be most prudent to let your Executor/Personal Representative know 1) that you have named them as such, and 2) let them have access to the document. My Executor actually has possession of the legal copy of my will and I just maintain a copy for my records.

If you don't want anyone to be suspicious, I would recommend naming one, two, or even three alternate Executors, in case your named Executor cannot or does not want to fulfill the duties.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020

You can include it in your will, but it probably won't be binding on your executor. Also, if you aren't planning to give your will to your executor and talk it over with them in advance, there is a chance decisions about your body will be made long before anyone even looks at your will (e.g., you need to donate organs pretty quickly after death, if it's even possible depending on how you pass). Remember to keep the original of your will safe or give it to someone whom you trust and will take good care of it -- a copy of a will doesn't matter legally; you need the original. Of course, if you are young and healthy and kill yourself a few days after finalizing your will, it would likely be (relatively) easy to challenge for lack of capacity anyway (if someone wanted to and you had the assets to make it worthwhile).

M

My_name_is_Luka

Experienced
Apr 28, 2020
What about bank accounts? Does someone need to indicate them in his will? Or how will the bank accounts be found, after someone's death, and the money directed toward the people in the will? This might be not easy when one wants to write his will with a lawyer too early, as he might change bank accounts later.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
What about bank accounts? Does someone need to indicate them in his will? Or how will the bank accounts be found, after someone's death, and the money directed toward the people in the will? This might be not easy when one wants to write his will with a lawyer too early, as he might change bank accounts later.
Are you in the US? I work for one of the big banks in the US at the moment, and tbh the rules vary by state and depend on how much is in the account. The best way to ensure your accounts go to the person you want is to name beneficiaries (or PODs) on the account(s) with the bank itself. Simply listing your bank accounts. The beneficiaries don't even need to necessarily know that they've been named as such. (It would be helpful if your Executor had that info, though.) Without named beneficiaries, the funds can be claimed by your next-of-kin with nothing more than a sworn affidavit they are your next-of-kin and a certified copy of the death certificate. That can happen long before the bank even knows there's a will, by which point the funds will be gone and the account closed.

Reactions: My_name_is_Luka and Weather
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Depends on how complicated it is and how much time it takes. Generally between $150-$300.
Haha I want to marry a lawyer. I just want to have someone that is as suicidal as I am. I want to die in peace with my husband with me. One can only dream.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9
Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
Are you in the US? I work for one of the big banks in the US at the moment, and tbh the rules vary by state and depend on how much is in the account. The best way to ensure your accounts go to the person you want is to name beneficiaries (or PODs) on the account(s) with the bank itself.
Yes, 100%. For any financial accounts, go to the bank and have a POD (pay-on-death) listed. That also allows it to avoid probate. At the moment of death, the account essentially becomes theirs. If you have substantial assets and want to avoid probate (if you don't have a lot of assets, you won't be required to file probate anyway), see an attorney for estate planning. They can help you get everything in order.

Reactions: My_name_is_Luka and Wisdom3_1-9
lonelyhouse

lonelyhouse

Jun 30, 2020
Haha I want to marry a lawyer. I just want to have someone that is as suicidal as I am. I want to die in peace with my husband with me. One can only dream.
Don't marry a lawyer. We're emotionally unavailable because we give so much of ourselves to people who think we're terrible anyway.