• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Exercise does not help, therapy, drugs and medication only make things worse. I haven't tried meditating in a long time, but I doubt it will help. Talking to the crisis line people doesn't help either. Writing helped at first, but not anymore. Self harm doesn't change anything. My options become fewer and I become more and more desperate.

The pain is unbearable at times and leaves me unable to do anything or it pulls me next to the train tracks which sometimes calmed me down, but does not always work and is not always available.

I just want to rip my head off.

How can I ease the pain?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, it's_all_a_game, heretogethelp and 4 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
What is the source of the pain?

Reactions: http-410
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I relate to what you say. Unfortunately I dont think there is any silver bullet solution to avoid pain once and for all. All what exists are tools to either mask the pain or distract from it for sometime but our bodies and minds tend to build tolerance to such distractions so they wont work as well as you keep using them. I too have great emotional pain in the form of past regrets and even though alot of time has passed yet the pain is growing heavier and heavier. I am left with no option but to allow myself to experience the toll of it and just accept that it may will always be with me wherever I go. It is a hard existence to endure but the other option is to ctb which we all know is irreversible solution and may or may not be what you are willing to pay with in exchange of stopping the hurt

Reactions: Blackpoolbootz, OpheliasFlowers, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021
Meditation will help if you do it properly. You need to create space between yourself and your emotions, otherwise they will drag you anywhere they go and will make you miserable.

The way to create this space is to meditate. But I'm not talking about attention focused meditation with breathing and etc.

I am talking about seeing yourself as awareness/consciousness first and relating to your thoughts, emotions from this standpoint.

Just try to be aware of your emotions, thoughts. Don't touch them, don't try to get rid of them, don't resist them. Just let them be there. I know it might sound paradoxical, but you tried the other way for long time and it did not work. So give this a chance. Don't resist, this is the ultimate key.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Meditation will help if you do it properly. You need to create space between yourself and your emotions, otherwise they will drag you anywhere they go and will make you miserable.

The way to create this space is to meditate. But I'm not talking about attention focused meditation with breathing and etc.

I am talking about seeing yourself as awareness/consciousness first and relating to your thoughts, emotions from this standpoint.

Just try to be aware of your emotions, thoughts. Don't touch them, don't try to get rid of them, don't resist them. Just let them be there. I know it might sound paradoxical, but you tried the other way for long time and it did not work. So give this a chance. Don't resist, this is the ultimate key.
What if the pain is too strong form of guilt and shame over ruining past opportunities that left the person with nothing to live for or look forward to? What if the pain is so great that you feel you dont have the capacity to let it buffer through your being? What if the pain is so old but the passing of time hasnt healed it but it actually made it greater? Why hasnt such pain already killed me I think?

N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021
What if the pain is too strong form of guilt and shame over ruining past opportunities that left the person with nothing to live for or look forward to? What if the pain is so great that you feel you dont have the capacity to let it buffer through your being? What if the pain is so old but the passing of time hasnt healed it but it actually made it greater? Why hasnt such pain already killed me I think?
The first question is do I live or kill myself? And if we decide to live, to go on we can't do it while all those "terrible" or strong feelings are in the system, because that would not be living really, it would be worse than death.

So the second important decision is the courage in facing with these feelings if you decided on first one as "living". I mean if you decided to live, you gotta try to minimise your suffering as much as possible right? And if you don't face those feelings they will make you miserable and suffering will increase even more.

In a way, this is the continuation of first decision. You decided to live? Then do it all the way.

And if you decided on second decision also, life will help you. You will find the tools, people, necessary understanding and insights to get through your emotional baggage to the other side. It wont be comfortable at first, it will be really really shitty, but if you keep at it, after some time those emotions will burn up and you are gonna feel lighter and lighter as time passes.

And in the center of all this is understanding towards yourself, not being too judgemental of your past or present mistakes, not comparing yourself with other people and etc. Treat yourself as your own child. Would you hate your child because they ruined their opportunities?We are just humans. And making mistakes... what is more human than that?

And who knows? Maybe time will come and you will be grateful for everything that happened in your life, even for the things that made suffer this much.

• Love
Reactions: somedayillbefree and Snake of Eden
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
ust try to be aware of your emotions, thoughts. Don't touch them, don't try to get rid of them, don't resist them. Just let them be there. I know it might sound paradoxical, but you tried the other way for long time and it did not work. So give this a chance. Don't resist, this is the ultimate key.
My therapist said something similar. How do you manage to do that? Even if I choose to allow negative feelings, they are there. Whether I want them to be or not. I can't defend myself against them at all, I am completely taken over by them, flooded. At any time. How do I create a baseline in all this misery?

The first question is do I live or kill myself?
What do I do if I can't decide? Both options are excruciating. I don't want to have to kill myself, but I see no other way out.

Edit: damn, I deleted my other post.

Last edited:
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
My therapist said something similar. How do you manage to do that? Even if I choose to allow negative feelings, they are there. Whether I want them to be or not. I can't defend myself against them at all, I am completely taken over by them, flooded. At any time. How do I create a baseline in all this misery?

What do I do if I can't decide? Both options are excruciating. I don't want to have to kill myself, but I see no other way out.

I am with you in the same boat. My negative emotions totally overwhelm me in a way that is unavoidable. They leave me miserable all the time and exhausted. Both living or dying feel like horrible outcome. There is no sense of being in control either way. I am guessing if we choose to live we just have to suck it up in a sense for the hope it will oneday just cease or be at least tolerable

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking and http-410
Mondo

Mondo

May 11, 2021
Exercise does not help, therapy, drugs and medication only make things worse. I haven't tried meditating in a long time, but I doubt it will help. Talking to the crisis line people doesn't help either. Writing helped at first, but not anymore. Self harm doesn't change anything. My options become fewer and I become more and more desperate.

The pain is unbearable at times and leaves me unable to do anything or it pulls me next to the train tracks which sometimes calmed me down, but does not always work and is not always available.

How can I ease the pain?
A good cry might help

Reactions: Bot
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Since I accidentally overwrote my other post, I'll try to write it again.

What is the source of the pain?

This is a good question.

The pain developed only during my current therapy. There were no occurrences prior to that. I can't pinpoint an exact cause, but I've been frustrated more and more since then and then it became a permanent condition. My mood deteriorated tremendously, I became suicidal, my DP/DR became stronger. I completely lost my hope.

My time to kill myself is getting closer. That's messing me up, too.

I am frustrated because I have tried many therapies for a long time to improve my condition and they have not helped me - they have only made things even worse. I feel like I've been given up on by my therapist, even though they know about my plan. So I'm too wrecked for a professional. Even the one before that could not treat me. Therapy ends soon and then there will be nothing more. I feel like I've been put through a meat grinder and left to die. There will be no more therapy after that because I have completely lost hope and I can't bear to wait months or years for a new therapy. After that, there is nothing left but to kill myself.

These are just my assumptions. Having the feeling of having lost one's identity does not make things easier.

A good cry might help
Unfortunately, crying no longer relieves the pain anymore.
am guessing if we choose to live we just have to suck it up in a sense for the hope it will oneday just cease or be at least tolerable
I am sorry that you are suffering too.

However, I doubt that the pain will go away on its own and there is no way I will be able to continue living like this, at least not without going crazy. How can I choose to live when I no longer feel alive myself? And when I feel something, it is only pain, despair. How am I supposed to decide on something like that?

As I have already read here, people have had suicidal thoughts since childhood. So many years can go by and nothing improves.

I have been living with suicidal thoughts and pain since early 2020 and I don't want to do this anymore. It just gets worse.

Sorry, I'm venting... I just wish we didn't have to endure this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Mondo
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
The only things that help me when I can tell my mood is sliding and the pain is building are either benzos or Wim Hoff breathing exercises. Since you don't want to use substances I would suggest trying that.

Our western interpretation of meditation is pretty dumb in my opinion. We've taken disciplines based in eastern philosophies and corrupted them and dissected them so they basically become a pointless exercise. Genuinely beneficial meditation actually takes years of disciplined study and requires learning to control the central nervous system through physical processes that western interpretation cuts out, as, do it wrong and you could cause yourself harm.

In order to induce a feeling of calm, you can't always just think yourself better. This is where manipulating of the central nervous system comes in. That's what the Wim Hoff method tries to achieve. The breathing initiates a change in stress hormones through controlled breathing and this in turn helps you feel better able to cope.

Personally I find this idea that you can focus inward and simultaneously acknowledge and ignore a worry or thought, completely retarded. In fact potentially dangerous to your mental health if you aren't first conditioned to be calm before doing this. Every time I attempted to "meditate" based on a western medical interpretation it's only served to make me far worse. The "diet" version is known to do this, I've read some articles and at least one study on the subject.

For me the Wim Hoff breathing exercises create physical changes that lower my heart rate and slow down my breathing. This causes a feeling of calm during and afterwards. It's using the natural processes in the body that we don't tend to use in modern life, to regulate our response to stress.

I would recommend checking this out on his official YouTube channel. He has a safety video that I strongly recommended viewing and a couple of guided breathing sessions that I use quite regularly myself. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's worth a try. It can create a feeling similar to benzodiazepines for a short while and I think this is what helps me maintain my composure when things start heading South mood wise. It may take some practice to get the most benefits but in my experience, it kicks the crap out of the Mickey mouse meditation nonsense we tend to be fed by "well meaning" mental health "professionals" .

Reactions: http-410 and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
The only things that help me when I can tell my mood is sliding and the pain is building are either benzos or Wim Hoff breathing exercises. Since you don't want to use substances I would suggest trying that.

Our western interpretation of meditation is pretty dumb in my opinion. We've taken disciplines based in eastern philosophies and corrupted them and dissected them so they basically become a pointless exercise. Genuinely beneficial meditation actually takes years of disciplined study and requires learning to control the central nervous system through physical processes that western interpretation cuts out, as, do it wrong and you could cause yourself harm.

In order to induce a feeling of calm, you can't always just think yourself better. This is where manipulating of the central nervous system comes in. That's what the Wim Hoff method tries to achieve. The breathing initiates a change in stress hormones through controlled breathing and this in turn helps you feel better able to cope.

Personally I find this idea that you can focus inward and simultaneously acknowledge and ignore a worry or thought, completely retarded. In fact potentially dangerous to your mental health if you aren't first conditioned to be calm before doing this. Every time I attempted to "meditate" based on a western medical interpretation it's only served to make me far worse. The "diet" version is known to do this, I've read some articles and at least one study on the subject.

For me the Wim Hoff breathing exercises create physical changes that lower my heart rate and slow down my breathing. This causes a feeling of calm during and afterwards. It's using the natural processes in the body that we don't tend to use in modern life, to regulate our response to stress.

I would recommend checking this out on his official YouTube channel. He has a safety video that I strongly recommended viewing and a couple of guided breathing sessions that I use quite regularly myself. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's worth a try. It can create a feeling similar to benzodiazepines for a short while and I think this is what helps me maintain my composure when things start heading South mood wise. It may take some practice to get the most benefits but in my experience, it kicks the crap out of the Mickey mouse meditation nonsense we tend to be fed by "well meaning" mental health "professionals" .
I love everything you said especially shitting on the westernized meditation crap we are fed

Reactions: Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I love everything you said especially shitting on the westernized meditation crap we are fed
It deserves a good "shitting on" when it comes to it's treatment of mental health and it's willingness to manipulate people with Micky Mouse "mindfulness" techniques.

The reason why things like benzos help aliviate the symptoms of distress in people is because they affect the central nervous system.

The reason that Wim Hoff breathing can help is because it affects the central nervous system.

The reason why Buddhist monks have a reputation for being rather calm is because they practice similar but more demanding breathing techniques, and this affects their central nervous system.

The reason why western standard issue mindfulness techniques don't work is because you can't have much affect on the central nervous system by saying in a dumbass hippie dippie voice "close your eyes and breathe in...aaaaaaaaaaannnnd... breeeeeeeath oooouuuuut... Now foooooocus your attention inwaaaaards... If you notice any thoughts or feelings, juuuuusst let them pass, don't focus on them. Aaaaaaaaand breath in, and notice how your body feels aaaaand the space between breaths...." BULLSHIT! To do it properly, you got to DO IT PROPERLY!

Some people might find "mindfulness" soothing, but if you are experiencing protracted pain and distress, you gotta influence the central nervous system. You do that by either administration of medicine or through known physical processes, not by talking like fucking Enya!

• Yay!
Reactions: VivantMort
N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021

All feelings are based in some belief you have about yourself, other people, world and etc. This beliefs coupled with corresponding sensation on the body creates emotion.

Generally it happens in two ways. Either you:

- Don't believe that belief anymore,but still feel the emotion. In that case fully feeling that emotion without any resistance, labeling, commenting on it etc. kind of burns up that emotion. In the end it is just an energy that tries to get out of the system. And because we don't let go of these energies, they become more intense and make life unbearable.

- Or you still believe in that belief. Then you need to analyse that belief. How do I know it is true? Is it based on facts? If it is not why do I believe in it? and etc.

The root belief is the ego. We believe that we are this little body in this big world and this root belief creates all other suffering and mysery. Because we feel isolated, afraid, feel something lacking etc. This is in the scope of eastern teachings mainly. And I promise to you if you learn about it more and apply what is said, your emotional pain will begin to disappear like magic. But this road is full of mind traps so you gotta be very careful.

Your second question. If you can't decide, that means you would like to live if it would be possible without this much suffering. So don't kill yourself yet and search for the ways to alliviate your suffering. Give yourself some time or chance. Mental or emotional pain can be the cause of suicide yes. But they can also be great wake up call. It is like physical pain you know. When you put your hands on fire, physical pain is there to tell you "Take your hands of the fire". In a similar way, suffering can tell you "You don't see yourself and world in right way, look more closely"

C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
fir medditation, me recomend the app "waking up" by sam harris. if you can't pay, he will give year for free.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
The reason that Wim Hoff breathing can help is because it affects the central nervous system.

The reason why Buddhist monks have a reputation for being rather calm is because they practice similar but more demanding breathing techniques, and this affects their central nervous system.

I'm glad you find breathing exercises beneficial, but I think that Buddhist monks have a reputation for being calm because they buy into all the religious crap the Buddha taught; they genuinely believe that it's possible to accumulate good karma & achieve total enlightenment/freedom from all suffering, which gives their lives meaning and a sense of purpose. Genuinely devout Christian monks reap the same benefits because they too believe that good will ultimately prevail & that life isn't just a meaningless, chaotic nightmare. Blind, childish, foolish faith is the only thing that can fully comfort & heal a human animal. Too bad those of us who are critical thinkers despise superstition & unprovable dogmas... We are totally & utterly fucked, my friend - it's so much better for one's mental health to be naively religious...

Reactions: http-410, heretogethelp and Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I'm glad you find breathing exercises beneficial, but I think that Buddhist monks have a reputation for being calm because they buy into all the religious crap the Buddha taught; they genuinely believe that it's possible to accumulate good karma & achieve total enlightenment/freedom from all suffering, which gives their lives meaning and a sense of purpose. Genuinely devout Christian monks reap the same benefits because they too believe that good will ultimately prevail & that life isn't just a meaningless, chaotic nightmare. Blind, childish, foolish faith is the only thing that can fully comfort & heal a human animal. Too bad those of us who are critical thinkers despise superstition & unprovable dogmas... We are totally & utterly fucked, my friend - it's so much better for one's mental health to be naively religious...
Of course you have a point, I'm sure that the belief in religious stuff can work for some people to reduce stress. So my example was perhaps a little lacking in detail.

So to expand a little, the only thing that can truly mitigate distress is calming down the central nervous system. People do this in lots of ways. They, smoke, drink, take cannabis etc etc. Doctor's prescribe central nervous system depressants like benzos for example. Doctors/Society decide that some of these methods are "unacceptable". But oddly if you are in good mental health couldn't give a shit really. I've lost count of the number of times I've had every miserable symptom I've experienced chalked up to "[my] smoking". Or as they like to pronounce it "Smohw. King.". The fact that normally the amount of tobacco I consumed rarely qualified as a "habit" to most doctors before I had issues with my mental health/moods again.

The breathing practiced by certain religious monks has been shown in scientific studies to calm the central nervous system. Western doctor's looked at this and decided they could achieve the same result by doing a half assed interpretation of this. So when they pedal "mindfulness" they usually point to said monks to "prove" it works.

The truth is taking a couple of deep breaths doesn't have the same effect as forced breathing, or hyperventilating in a controlled way. But it comes with risks. You could pass out for example so you have to do it in a safe place.

The bottom line is that it has been shown in studies that this sort of breathing has an affect on the central nervous system. Now is it as good in my experience as benzos? No, not really. However, some malignant narcissist of a psychiatrist can't withhold my breath from me, at least not without risking his career, the same way he will withhold benzos when there is a valid reason to prescribe them.

I'm not saying everyone's experience will be the same or that it's something everyone can do as it is physically challenging and takes practice. But it's worth checking out in my opinion as it can be a useful tool in your arsenal for dealing with the miserable shit that our brains can torture us with.

Reactions: motel rooms
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
All feelings are based in some belief you have about yourself, other people, world and etc. This beliefs coupled with corresponding sensation on the body creates emotion.
I really appreciate your words and will try to think about it. Your statement matches what I have read about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, but I have my doubts about core beliefs itself: I do not assume to have any fixed core beliefs. I feel like a vacuum. There is nothing. My beliefs are non-existent or if they exist, very variable, more like assumptions.
Generally it happens in two ways. Either you:

- Don't believe that belief anymore,but still feel the emotion. In that case fully feeling that emotion without any resistance, labeling, commenting on it etc. kind of burns up that emotion. In the end it is just an energy that tries to get out of the system. And because we don't let go of these energies, they become more intense and make life unbearable.
Therefore, I guess to belong to this category. Despite enduring my feelings (I have no other choice), not labeling it, I do not feel better - quite the opposite. I am consumed by them and they drive me to despair. They do not burn away. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm not sure I'm getting across what I want to explain. I think I understand what you want to say, but it sounds too simple, at least for complex problems. This CBT-like approach seems strange to me - like I am a "wrongly" (= emotional) programmed robot that is supposed to reprogram itself by these techniques. I am not a program, I consist of both feelings (and numbness/dissociation). I don't think feelings always precede a thought/belief. Even if it were, what if these beliefs are true?

What if my ego ("the root belief") is virtually non-existent due to dissociation? Where do I start where there is nothing?

I haven't had the time to look into his exercises in detail, but have already watched a video about it. I know what it feels like to hyperventilate (though not in relation to meditation), so I'm a bit skeptical. As I understand it, hyperventilation releases stress hormones. Isn't that rather the opposite of relaxation? Nevertheless, it would be worth a try. Thanks.

ITSCHRISHERE123

ITSCHRISHERE123

Jul 5, 2021

How can I ease the pain?
Killing yourself will stop the pain

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, taylor321, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I really appreciate your words and will try to think about it. Your statement matches what I have read about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, but I have my doubts about core beliefs itself: I do not assume to have any fixed core beliefs. I feel like a vacuum. There is nothing. My beliefs are non-existent or if they exist, very variable, more like assumptions.

Therefore, I guess to belong to this category. Despite enduring my feelings (I have no other choice), not labeling it, I do not feel better - quite the opposite. I am consumed by them and they drive me to despair. They do not burn away. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm not sure I'm getting across what I want to explain. I think I understand what you want to say, but it sounds too simple, at least for complex problems. This CBT-like approach seems strange to me - like I am a "wrongly" (= emotional) programmed robot that is supposed to reprogram itself by these techniques. I am not a program, I consist of both feelings (and numbness/dissociation). I don't think feelings always precede a thought/belief. Even if it were, what if these beliefs are true?

What if my ego ("the root belief") is virtually non-existent due to dissociation? Where do I start where there is nothing?

I haven't had the time to look into his exercises in detail, but have already watched a video about it. I know what it feels like to hyperventilate (though not in relation to meditation), so I'm a bit skeptical. As I understand it, hyperventilation releases stress hormones. Isn't that rather the opposite of relaxation? Nevertheless, it would be worth a try. Thanks.
I'm glad that you are looking into the exercises at least. The breathing/hyperventilation isn't like the sort of hyperventilation you get spontaneously from being in distress. That sort of hyperventilation is your body's response to the distress if that makes sense? It's your body's instinctual way of balancing something out. Hyperventilation is basically just taking on more oxygen than normal.

Wim Hoff breathing does this in controlled way. The way I discovered this method was kinda randomly. People had often recommended "meditation" so I tried the sorts of "meditation" they referred to, and it didn't work at all. Until one day I was speaking to a university lecturer about a similar subject and he suggested "guided meditation" might be a better option.

I was a student, so had no money, and I basically scoured bit torrent sites for "guided meditation" until I had quite the collection on my iPod. Then I tried them one by one, until I realised that none of them had worked. Then down to the final couple of downloads I tried one that had a super massive long filename something like "yoga sounds of nature spiritual relaxation music deep breathing guided meditation.mp3" so I was thinking "uh doubt that one will work". But I gave it a shot and the first thing I noticed was that the instructions were very specific. Basically I followed the breathing instructions at the pace it dictated and I would get this pleasant sort of dizzy feeling. It did help to make me feel less stressed/distressed but it was like I was on the ragged edge of passing out of maybe even potentially worse.

But it definitely helped so I kept that MP3 like it was good dust.

Fast forward to about a year ago and struggling really badly again, I started looking for similar breathing exercises on youtube, but nothing worked, even my favourite MP3 only produced the desired physiological response maybe half the time. I kept seeing this Wim Hoff guy show up in my YouTube suggestions but didn't try it because I thought it was probably some rich con artist guru. One day one of his "Ice Man" videos auto played and when I saw that they were actually putting his claims to the test scientifically I decided there might be some merit to his claims.

Eventually I followed one of his YouTube videos (the one for beginners) and I managed fairly well to keep up and do the breath holds, even though I thought that it all sounded a bit trendy, hippie dippie at first. I was definitely skeptical, I mean the video was all trendy tribal style music with this new agey guy talking through it.

The amazing thing after the video though was, that the horrible anxiety, (that really visceral type where it feels like your heart is about to explode and skeleton is going to leap out of your body), had reduced significantly. So I put it on the "worth trying again" pile.

I kept doing the breathing exercises that were on YouTube and the better I got at doing them, the more effective they were.

The best thing to do in my opinion, is to stick to the official Wim Hoff videos, there's some (I'm sure) well meaning "remixes" of the official videos on YouTube and they can be counter productive at best, potentially dangerous at worst. So stick to the official channel!

Also, it takes practice to get the breathing and breath holds correct. The best advice I can give (as Mr Hoff says himself) is never force yourself. Can't quite hold your breath for the full minute or two? No problems, just breathe in breathe out and try hold your breath for the remainder.

Practice certainly helps. It also helps I find to resist the temptation to purse your lips when inhaling. Also don't push the breath out on the exhale portion of the exercise, just let your lungs sort of naturally empty themselves.

Always breath into the bottom of your lungs first, do it relatively gradually and essentially try to mimic the breath sounds in the video. Once you get the exercise down you do feel like your breathing becomes "like a wave" rolling back and forth. If you feel unwell, just stop, resume normal breathing, relax and when you are feeling better you can resume if you want to. It's like any skill, you get better with practice.

It's like when I was a kid and leaning electric guitar, if I could hop back in time and show my younger self my guitar skills I would think I had become Jimi Hendrix and Jimi Page rolled in to one! Even though from my current point of view I aint anything special lol! Point is I've found the more I have done these exercises the more second nature it becomes.

I definitely recommend watching the Wim Hoff official channel's safety videos. There is an official mobile app but I just stick with the videos. I start with the beginners video to warm up and move on to the more challenging one. I repeat the second one as often as I need until I feel relaxed and restored enough.

Always do this sort of breathing in a safe environment! I really hope that if you try this that it will help. I suspect after a few tries you will get a sense of how useful this will be. After all there's no point flogging a dead horse! But good luck! I hold that you find these breathing exercises at least as beneficial as I have! :-)

Last edited: