AllAboard

AllAboard

Jul 17, 2022
I get annoyed by pro lifers so much linking the suicide hotline. I'm sure it's helped some people, but it still doesn't fail to annoy me. As I'm searching for an SN source, I see a Reddit post warning people about how SN is a popular method now and telling them about sites like this, saying these sites are terrible. Oh and of course, they had to attach the suicide hotline link with it. These people think I want to die because I failed a test? Or my partner broke up with me? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make anyone's reason for CTB seem lesser than another, but my problems aren't small, and aren't fixable. Trust me, I've tried, I've talked to therapists, tried to be positive and hopeful, a normal happy life just isn't possible for me. And they say "keep trying, don't give up, it's bound to get better", I've been suicidal for a while now but never done it because pro lifers like these make things incredibly harder to access forcing me and others to continue our torment. I get it, they think they're helping, they want to be a hero, but in my case they're doing the exact opposite. I understand they can't fathom why we are the way we are, they can't understand why anyone would want to take their own life, but in my opinion that's from a perspective of privilege. Who are you to deny people the right to die, and shamelessly post a suicide hotline link, they just want to play hero if you ask me. I dont know, maybe I could understand if I had a replica whose life mirrored mine down to a t, and my replica didn't want to ctb. But everyone's problems, thoughts, upbringing, reactions, feelings and body are different, who are you to tell me my life will change, and force me to stay in hell when you haven't lived my life. If only talking to someone about my problems could make them disappear, if only. Anyway just a rant, I'm tired of seeing that link thrown in my face, if there was a way out, trust me I'd take it, but I've tried numerous times, I'm tired.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami, Shivali, Ginnn and 6 others
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Trying is exhausting. Even without the trying just existing like this is exhausting. The hotlines definitely aren't for everyone and it's frustrating seeing them marketed as "the answer" when they really aren't. I can see them being useful for some people in some situations (which is great! Resources that help people are good), but it's pushed as the solution for problems outside its purview. I tried it once and it was just incredibly frustrating.

Being forced to live really isn't fair or helping. I'm sorry your life is hard and that it's brought you to feel this way.

Reactions: AllAboard
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
This site has been getting a lot of attention lately and it's really freaking me out. I'm going to go ahead and buy the SN and make sure I have all the info about the regimen and measurements I need saved for future use. I hate it so much that people cannot respect someone's decision to go and will make up "reasons" why that person should not have gone through with it when there is no possible way they could know the depths of despair and suffering that another human being has been through. When a person decides "enough is enough" and rejects the prospect of living further and has fully committed to it and thought it through in every possible way... how can someone, a stranger at that, say, "no, you aren't thinking straight- life is worth it!" I can't wrap my brain around it. I can't imagine saying this kind of crap to someone.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllAboard, wljourney, On Replay and 1 other person
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
It's a bare minimum thing they can do to appear to be doing a "good" thing.

You don't have to open your ears, your mind and let someone open their heart, just paste the standard response, yes, great job, you are a great person.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I get annoyed by pro lifers so much linking the suicide hotline. I'm sure it's helped some people, but it still doesn't fail to annoy me. As I'm searching for an SN source, I see a Reddit post warning people about how SN is a popular method now and telling them about sites like this, saying these sites are terrible. Oh and of course, they had to attach the suicide hotline link with it. These people think I want to die because I failed a test? Or my partner broke up with me? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make anyone's reason for CTB seem lesser than another, but my problems aren't small, and aren't fixable. Trust me, I've tried, I've talked to therapists, tried to be positive and hopeful, a normal happy life just isn't possible for me. And they say "keep trying, don't give up, it's bound to get better", I've been suicidal for a while now but never done it because pro lifers like these make things incredibly harder to access forcing me and others to continue our torment. I get it, they think they're helping, they want to be a hero, but in my case they're doing the exact opposite. I understand they can't fathom why we are the way we are, they can't understand why anyone would want to take their own life, but in my opinion that's from a perspective of privilege. Who are you to deny people the right to die, and shamelessly post a suicide hotline link, they just want to play hero if you ask me. I dont know, maybe I could understand if I had a replica whose life mirrored mine down to a t, and my replica didn't want to ctb. But everyone's problems, thoughts, upbringing, reactions, feelings and body are different, who are you to tell me my life will change, and force me to stay in hell when you haven't lived my life. If only talking to someone about my problems could make them disappear, if only. Anyway just a rant, I'm tired of seeing that link thrown in my face, if there was a way out, trust me I'd take it, but I've tried numerous times, I'm tired.
Suicide hotlines and mental hospitals never helped me. They could only help people with lesser issues that are actually fixable by low effort encouragement from incompetant «health care workers».

• Aww..
Reactions: AllAboard and Tiny Little Tree
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
These crisis numbers actually make me want to ctb more.
I tried an anonymous one for a laugh last week, told them I was planning to ctb, gave them intricate details of said plan, this is deadass what came next.
'I get you're feeling fed up and it feels like the only option is to take your own life. Whens your source gonna come through?'
- Next few weeks
'Well how can I support you?'
- 'Idk'
'Okay, well thanks for calling us, take care'
LMFAOO WHAT

• Yay!
Reactions: nomennescio, AllAboard, Orchidia and 3 others
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
I tried an anonymous one for a laugh last week, told them I was planning to ctb, gave them intricate details of said plan, this is deadass what came next.
'I get you're feeling fed up and it feels like the only option is to take your own life. Whens your source gonna come through?'
- Next few weeks
- 'Idk'
LMFAOO WHAT
Made me chuckle while grimacing in disgust, well done

• Love
Reactions: AllAboard and MidnightDream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide hotlines and pro lifers in general are annoying. A lot of pro lifers seem to be very ignorant as to the cruel reality of this existence and it's unfair how they want to make it as difficult as possible for people to die. Trying to force people to exist against their wishes will only ever prolong suffering. To me suicide hotlines are useless and cannot solve actual problems that people go through.

The worst thing is when pro lifers push the idea of the suicide hotline as an solution for absolutely everyone who is suicidal, regardless of their circumstances. I personally view wanting suicide as being more rational than continuing to exist in a world like this, where is the value and benefit to suffering for decades, I see none. But if some people want to live then that is their decision but they should respect the fact that not everyone wants to and some people's circumstances make staying alive to be unbearable for them.

P

Popcornmew

Aug 31, 2022
- Next few weeks
- 'Idk'
LMFAOO WHAT
Yeah welp. 3 different ones told me that if i really want to die i should go ahead, and one was like if you wanted to die why did you call us? x'D .....hmmm idk, maybe because its a suicide hotline?
Its honestly very much useless

Reactions: nomennescio, AllAboard and MidnightDream
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I've had this!! I went to hospital once to try and safeguard myself and was seen by MH team who literally said 'you obviously don't want to die if you've come here today.' Followed by 'You're too intelligent to kill yourself.' Baffles me how these people were ever allowed to work in mental health

• Wow
Reactions: nomennescio and Hirokami
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
These crisis hotlines are flawed by design, anyhow. Can't imagine such a finite number of overworked volunteers being able to effectively help the millions of people who call them. It's a distraction, at best, which I think is intentional. And, of course, there's always that risk of these hotlines sending the police for a "wellness check". Yes, please send the authorities to my home. That totally wouldn't make me even more distressed. 🙄

Reactions: nomennescio, LastFlowers and AllAboard