Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Finding it hard to cope here, in a room with 4 others and a snorer, can I smoother her in her sleep??
Partner brought woofers to me, had to go outside to see them but it really helped me.
Watching people come and go and people watching. Gave my magazines to the lady opposite me who as had no visitors at all. Got partner to load a tv card for her so she could watch it. Family have dumped her here until a bed is available for her in a unit. She keeps crying. I don't know what to do apart from going over to reassure her. Bitch nurse keeps telling me to get back to bed. I said well if you offer her some comfort I wouldn't need to!!
FFS some people!

• Love
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Deleted member 1465, Stan and 2 others
T

Tiedie

Oct 21, 2019
You're so lucky you get to keep your phone lol. Awesome job looking out for the lonely. I never had visitors and I appreciated all the help I could get. It made a difference. I always share my shampoo and conditioner when I have it. I've been forced into several psychiatric facilities and I'm sure it will happen again if I don't catch the bus.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Rachel74
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I believe the inpatient facility is quite often more harm than help.
4 bed wards isn't the best. You're supposed to be there to get YOU better. As sad as those patients issues are,it's not your job.
I hope you get out very soon. x

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Rachel74
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I've never really benefitted from being an intern. If you have problem that can easily medicated it might help, but otherwise it just feels like a prison and you feel like labrat being tested on their drugs. Never really understood what's supposed to be theraputic in a place like that. I suppose if you can't function at all it's good that you can be fed and showered and stuff.

Reactions: Rachel74
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
You're so lucky you get to keep your phone lol. Awesome job looking out for the lonely. I never had visitors and I appreciated all the help I could get. It made a difference. I always share my shampoo and conditioner when I have it. I've been forced into several psychiatric facilities and I'm sure it will happen again if I don't catch the bus.
I'm in the U.K. so they don't take your phone x

sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Are you allowed to have headphones or something maybe to put up with the snorer? That sounds like torture :pfff: glad ur helping someone out tho, that's really sweet of you. I don't think comforting nurses exist honestly, I've never met one anyway.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I'm in the U.K. so they don't take your phone x

When I was first admitted into longreach they took bloody everything, and gave me back only half....!!! Maybe because it was only an assessment thing
One of my arguments for not going in is...shared wards, Id be committing a murder within hours (not my actual words!!)

I thought they are meant to make you better...!!

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Just go onto the new SN megathread and ask stupid questions, that's how most people are passing their time today lol

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Just go onto the new SN megathread and ask stupid questions, that's how most people are passing their time today lol
Ha ha, you made a rod for your own back there @Stan ;)
When I was first admitted into longreach they took bloody everything, and gave me back only half....!!! Maybe because it was only an assessment thing
One of my arguments for not going in is...shared wards, Id be committing a murder within hours (not my actual words!!)

I thought they are meant to make you better...!!
When I was put into all saints hospital 24 years ago they took everything and week by week they'd give you things back as a reward.
Are you allowed to have headphones or something maybe to put up with the snorer? That sounds like torture :pfff: glad ur helping someone out tho, that's really sweet of you. I don't think comforting nurses exist honestly, I've never met one anyway.
Partner brought them in and my ear plugs. Did have a roast turkey dinner though which I must admit was lovely.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sammii
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

which one im drunk and thick!!!

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Good on ya for helping your fellow patients. Bloody nurses.