D

deadlemonade

Oct 19, 2023
I could be exaggerating but I feel like i'm behind socially and academically. I feel like a write like a 5th grader.

I've tried drawing, arts & crafts, sports, writing, programming, and fuck even gaming i'm bad at. I understand that practice makes perfect but holy shit is it so unmotivating to see what others do!! Like what even is the point if other people can do it better!!! why try!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, godsseepiestsoldier, tiger b and 1 other person
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
I think the important thing is to find a hobby that you find pleasure in doing regardless of ability. I can understand it's demoralising to feel bad at everything (I feel untalented in everything as well), but if you can find something that you enjoy the process of, rather than the end result and therefore how "good" you are compared to others, then that's the hobby to stick with.

• Love
Reactions: deadlemonade
D

deadlemonade

Oct 19, 2023
I think the important thing is to find a hobby that you find pleasure in doing regardless of ability. I can understand it's demoralising to feel bad at everything (I feel untalented in everything as well), but if you can find something that you enjoy the process of, rather than the end result and therefore how "good" you are compared to others, then that's the hobby to stick with.
yeah i guess that is a good start, it's just my brain thinking that's it's "cringe" and i should give it up. thank you though, :)

• Love
Reactions: NoHorizon and tiger b
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I feel this. I've never gotten joy out of hobbies much anyway. Or at least it's been a long time since I have. Injuries and expenses get in the way.

Sorry OP. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: deadlemonade
stillvoices

stillvoices

Oct 18, 2023
I'd start with something you tent to gravitate towards. Like if you are interested in crime or doodling (not necessarily drawing) because take for instance I love painting but I'm not very good at it but I love doing it where it's sorta throwing paint randomly on the canvas. I pick 3 favorite colors and mix the formula and do what feels right. Can do it to music or just be violent with colors or the way I put it. Then step away from it for a few days (gotta cover it with a box to keep lint and hair off) and come back to see if I like it. Even if I don't like it someone in the world will because they'll see something in it that I don't. It takes time to find what moves you but you won't find it if you don't look. You may be awesome at researching or making lists, or organizing. I suck at organizing and I need it badly lol. I hope you find something you love.