• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

radicalfreedom

Dec 9, 2021
Both my wife and I have largely decided life is not worth living. In a world where everything we value - freedom, democracy, equality, justice, are doomed and we are spiraling towards inevitable global fascism, there should be no hope. Suicide is the only reasonable response for any person. Anyone who really wants to live in such a world is a fool or a monster.

But she's unwilling to take that last step. She's not yet willing to kill herself, and would rather live a life of nothing but helpless suffering.

I'd be so much happier if she'd agree to kill herself with me. I know it's not my place to convince her. Even I think this decision has to come from herself.

So now I'm stuck here. I can't in good conscience abandon her. But every waking moment is a wide-awake nightmare and I beg for death every single day.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: hellworldprincess, Praestat_Mori, Melly and 4 others
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
I think maybe you are putting too much importance on global trends and so on. It will be all right for the rest of your natural lifetime.

• Love
Reactions: broth0100, gantaigarashi, litekiller11 and 12 others
sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
Can you just ask her permission? Also I think this idea is very romantic, I wish my beloved girl was alive so we can commit together.

Reactions: deadalready1
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Your wife is pregnant with your child. How about you don't fucking procreate if you plan on ctbing?

Reactions: broth0100, MrOptions, Andrew10 and 12 others
violethaze

violethaze

violet disposition
May 21, 2024
I imagine she doesn't want to ctb with you due to her unborn child. respectfully, I am pro-choice, but I can understand if she was reluctant to ctb being pregnant, if she wasn't planning to terminate the pregnancy already. this is highly complex and you're asking more of her than you are of yourself

Reactions: opheliaoveragain, DoMore, scarlet-pixie and 2 others
lollblanca

lollblanca

šŸ„²
Jun 4, 2024
I understand you're going through a tough time, but you have to face reality. You can't force someone to choose life, no matter how well-meaning you may be. Pressuring your wife is not okay unless she decides for herself. I've seen your previous thread , and in my opinion, the best thing to do now is to have a serious conversation with your wife about considering an abortion. CTB can not be completely harmless, but you must solve the problem at least, as the potential new life may suffer as much as you.. rather than convincing her to CTB.

Reactions: wyo777 and scarlet-pixie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
So.... You get your wife pregnant and then leave her with the kid? Understandable that she is unwilling to take the final step.

I will not type what I think of dudes who do this sort of shit

Unbelievable

Reactions: broth0100, AvwJ, Andrew10 and 17 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I understand you're going through a tough time, but you have to face reality. You can't force someone to choose life, no matter how well-meaning you may be. Pressuring your wife is not okay unless she decides for herself. I've seen your previous thread , and in my opinion, the best thing to do now is to have a serious conversation with your wife about considering an abortion. CTB can not be completely harmless, but you must solve the problem at least, as the potential new life may suffer as much as you.. rather than convincing her to CTB.
Abortion?? She's 3 months pregnant. No doctor would even think about it, unless mom or child is in danger.

Reactions: rozeske
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Suicide is the only reasonable response for any person. Anyone who really wants to live in such a world is a fool or a monster.
You. Don't. Get. To. Make. That. Judgment. For. Anyone. Else. On. This. Planet.

• Love
Reactions: AvwJ, ItsyBitsyWeetard, avoid and 10 others
lollblanca

lollblanca

šŸ„²
Jun 4, 2024
Abortion?? She's 3 months pregnant. No doctor would even think about it, unless mom or child is in danger.
Sorry, I think I missed the point. I just wanted to suggest an option, but I'm not a doctor, so I'm not sure if it's safe for her. I think they could at least seek advice from a professional. It should totally be up to her, but right now I think giving birth could cause a lot of suffering for both her and the baby, regardless of whether he CTB or not.

+I might have misunderstood again because things might be different where I live. We can have an abortion legally within the first three months of pregnancy, but it's also possible to have one in an illegal way if the mother's safety is ensured. I'm not sure if it's safe to have an abortion after three months because, like I said before, I'm not a doctor. But I just wanted to put this out there as an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: avoid and DoMore
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
Can you just ask her permission? Also I think this idea is very romantic, I wish my beloved girl was alive so we can commit together.

Very romantic.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and especially in a place like this. But I don't find the idea terribly romantic. Spouses sort of soft pressuring each other or at least waiting for each other to agree to commit suicide. It would be kind of romantic if we were all doomed like at the end of Deep Impact or Rogue One or even the parents of Cillian Murphy at the start of 28 Days Later and a couple went out quickly together...

But here we are apparently talking about just overblowing the crappy state of the world and geopolitics etc. If that is the real problem that is inducing thoughts of suicide...a reasonable solution is to not fixate on it, same as people didn't obsess 24/7 about a nuclear holocaust during the cold war.

Maybe these two have stronger reasons of which I am not aware. But hopefully they don't both want to die simply because the world isn't that great and may trend downward in the future.

Reactions: scarlet-pixie and Myforevercharlie
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
After listening to those 2 morons last night,l, I can see y

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Suicide is the only reasonable response for any person. Anyone who really wants to live in such a world is a fool or a monster.
That would have been considered an "ok" personal opinion had you not dragged your wife and your unborn child into it. And now you are expecting her to agree to join you. To me it's not the "anyone" that sounds like a fool or a monster.

Reactions: AvwJ, wyo777, scarlet-pixie and 2 others
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
Everyone has a right to their opinion and especially in a place like this. But I don't find the idea terribly romantic. Spouses sort of soft pressuring each other or at least waiting for each other to agree to commit suicide. It would be kind of romantic if we were all doomed like at the end of Deep Impact or Rogue One or even the parents of Cillian Murphy at the start of 28 Days Later and a couple went out quickly together...

But here we are apparently talking about just overblowing the crappy state of the world and geopolitics etc. If that is the real problem that is inducing thoughts of suicide...a reasonable solution is to not fixate on it, same as people didn't obsess 24/7 about a nuclear holocaust during the cold war.

Maybe these two have stronger reasons of which I am not aware. But hopefully they don't both want to die simply because the world isn't that great and may trend downward in the future.
I was being sarcastic

landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
i disagree with folks who think it's just as simple as tuning it out, in terms of what's happening locally and globally. there have been people on here who were deported for example. if you're lgbtq, then you are living in greater and greater fear, especially if you're trans. there is a feeling of hopelessness and powerlessness that many people can't handle. homelessness is up 12% in the US and the Supreme court just ruled it's okay to criminalize sleeping rough. great for private prisons and forced labor. It's a crazy corrupt fanatic court that is shaping policy for millions of people. some of us are just attuned to this suffering, can't just turn it off. it plays into the absurdity of existence, of cruelty, of oppression, of injustice and yes fascism on the rise.

you don't get to judge those feelings, especially on here of all places. i say this completely aside from the op's marital situation.

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and DoMore
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah but apart from anything else the good old US of A isn't the whole world. And I say that as someone who is LGBTQ+.

• Informative
Reactions: sanitystruggle, avoid, DeIetedUser4739 and 2 others
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
Yeah but apart from anything else the good old US of A isn't the whole world. And I say that as someone who is LGBTQ+.
Yes, it ain't the whole world. Neither am I, and neither are you. And we are not those people maybe deported, or in deep fear of our rights taken away, or forced to give birth else be criminalized, or told they must abide by traditional gender roles, or get thrown in jail for being homeless, but they certainly exist. I'll say again, some people for whatever reason, nature, nurture, maybe bit of both, i dunno random bad luck, are more attuned to suffering "out there".

Telling people what they should or shouldn't feel depressed and/or hopeless about, or advising just to tune it out, makes no sense on here of all places.

Last edited:
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Yes, it ain't the whole world. Neither am I, and neither are you. And we are not those people maybe deported, or in deep fear of our rights taken away, or forced to give birth else be criminalized, or told they must abide by traditional gender roles, or get thrown in jail for being homeless, but they certainly exist. I'll say again, some of us for whatever reason, nature, nurture, maybe bit of both, are more attuned to suffering.

But one or two or a hundred or even a thousand people killing themselves won't change that suffering for others. Societal change very rarely works like that. If the cause of one person's misery is witnessing the misery of others, the way to raise everyone from that misery is to get involved in the many local and global campaigns that already exist to do just that.

Suicide is just an extreme version of turning one's back on the problem and leaving others to rot. Others who, let's assume, want to live if only they could escape the suffering imposed upon them by the greed of a minority and the ignorance and/or apathy of the majority.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Whateverā™”
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
But one or two or a hundred or even a thousand people killing themselves won't change that suffering for others. Societal change very rarely works like that. If the cause of one person's misery is witnessing the misery of others, the way to raise everyone from that misery is to get involved in the many local and global campaigns that already exist to do just that
I see, so you have a guidebook for us on what we should feel depressed about and how we should rearrange our depression. In fact we should just get out there it seems and turn it all around for ourselves. And do tell me more of this societal change, and getting involved, first i've ever heard of such a thing. That's sarcasm of course, don't need a lecture, just respect for others feelings.

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I see, so you have a guidebook for us on what we should feel depressed about and how we should rearrange our depression. In fact we should just get out there it seems and turn it all around for ourselves. And do tell me more of this societal change, and getting involved, first i've ever heard of such a thing. That's sarcasm of course, don't need a lecture, just respect for others feelings.

You offered your POV; I offered mine. But hey, if you want to get all sarcastic and then complain about other people trampling on your feelings, I guess there's not much else to say. Y'all have a nice day, now. šŸ¤·

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
freedom, democracy, equality, justice, are doomed and we are spiraling towards inevitable global fascism
I would only consider killing myself if I had no freedom anymore the rest isn't worth to kys imo. That's my opinion.

If you have the means to move to another place, consider this. The world is big.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
You offered your POV; I offered mine. But hey, if you want to get all sarcastic and then complain about other people trampling on your feelings, I guess there's not much else to say. Y'all have a nice day, now. šŸ¤·
I apologize for the sarcasm but responding with what comes across as a lecture doesn't help. Just trying to say that we are not arbiters of why others should feel depression, hopelessness or despair. And it may not be the primary reasons for wanting to ctb, but it very well can add heavily to the feeling. i gave examples of situations where the environment, governance, directly leads some people towards ctb. in these times, there are many, many people who struggle with how to reckon with socio-economic inequity and suffering without going insane.

Gendyst

W

wyo777

When life is a nightmare...
May 18, 2024
In my personal opinion you r blaming society, politics and world situation but your reason is totally different. Whatever it is i feel sorry for u that u have to deal with that. But please do not try to convince your wife to do that with you. Specially when she is pregnant. This is invidual decision, do not involve other people. If u really love your wife u would NEVER think about that.

landslide2

landslide2

May 6, 2024
Just wanted to take a moment to apologize publicly to Ash, didn't mean to upset Ash, or anyone or get into it with anyone. Sorry Ash.

And to get back on topic, dear OP i agree with what most everyone in this thread has said. If there is a child in the picture, present or arriving, there is a responsibility towards that child. I hope you find a way to cope and work towards a different path.

• Love
Reactions: AvwJ, Goku Black, Ash and 1 other person
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Just wanted to take a moment to apologize publicly to Ash, didn't mean to upset Ash, or anyone or get into it with anyone. Sorry Ash.
Nothing to apologise for. It was a discussion. You've got your views. I've got mine. But right back at you. Can't find the fist bump emoji as I've not had enough tea yet this morning but it's coming at ya.

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Goku Black and rozeske