ger3172

ger3172

prove to me im not gonna die alone
Oct 23, 2021
people with bpd are so wronged all the time and i don't even say that because of my own experience. every pwBPD I know is always trying so much more than everybody else to be healthy and good to others and the world keeps stepping on them. this is so unfair it makes my blood boil. we are people who have been through so much already and we just want some comfort and safety for once. other people demonize pwBPD so much for wanting love out of life (i understand there are toxic people in general, it's not isolated to a disorder, but im refering to us pwbpd who try to improve and who are only demonized because of a label).

so tired of being treated like I want so much and like a burden when I want the bare minimum. what every other person has but I don't seem to get.

and it feels so hopeless to keep going like that, being so emotional and feeling pain all the time, trying to hide from people how I feel otherwise I'm manipulative or something, when im literally on my best behavior with everyone around me. and that took a lot of study and therapy. doesn't feel like it's enough.

Reactions: mightypabster, moondazed, not_actually_human and 5 others
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I'm sorry that you have been treated wrongly by the people around you. I don't know much aboud bpd, but i'd love to talk to you if you'd like :).
Your picture is from the pearl/x movies right? I really liked those.

• Love
Reactions: ger3172
ger3172

ger3172

Oct 23, 2021
I'm sorry that you have been treated wrongly by the people around you. I don't know much aboud bpd, but i'd love to talk to you if you'd like :).
Your picture is from the pearl/x movies right? I really liked those.
yess! I really relate to Pearl's monologue in the movie, it's so well done too

Reactions: Enlighten
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
Honestly, I think that anyone who's open with others about having a BPD diagnosis is really brave for doing so. While I don't have it myself, I've heard from a friend– and mental health Reddit– about people's tendency to just run for the hills the second they hear that someone has it. Those with the disorder who are trying their best really do get unfairly lumped in with those fabled severe BPD cases of people not giving a shit about anyone else and being abusive towards their loved ones. My friend with BPD definitely does not fit the stereotypical image of a pwBPD and he's a really big hearted guy.

I'm sorry that y'all have to deal with the bullshit stigma. Mental health is stigmatized enough without throwing a personality disorder label on top.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mightypabster, LonelyKitten, moondazed and 4 others
SketchedOut

SketchedOut

compulsory breathing torture (cbt)
Oct 9, 2023
Honestly, I think that anyone who's open with others about having a BPD diagnosis is really brave for doing so. While I don't have it myself, I've heard from a friend– and mental health Reddit– about people's tendency to just run for the hills the second they hear that someone has it. Those with the disorder who are trying their best really do get unfairly lumped in with those fabled severe BPD cases of people not giving a shit about anyone else and being abusive towards their loved ones. My friend with BPD definitely does not fit the stereotypical image of a pwBPD and he's a really big hearted guy.

I'm sorry that y'all have to deal with the bullshit stigma. Mental health is stigmatized enough without throwing a personality disorder label on top.
i just got diagnosed with bpd and now I'm wondering whether I'm abusive towards my loved ones..

i mean i ran away from home recently but that's because i couldn't bear living with my mother anymore because i felt like i was wronged by her so many times. she's the reason i started cutting myself, because i needed to explain some drama in school to her regarding PE and my coming out, and despite me just trying to ask her for help she just screamed off the top of her lungs for an hour straight, so at one point i got up and tried to get her out of whatever she was going through in her head by just cutting myself in front of her. i failed, but the thought never came away, and i started doing it just because it felt good. i have so many stories like this with her that it's gotten to the point where she barely raises her voice and my brain instantly starts shutting down in self-defense.

it's also gotten me thinking... am i a bad person for being so open about being suicidal in front of my friends? it feels like they're being destroyed by not being able to help, but at the same time i don't want to make them think it's their fault once i inevitably ctb...

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
I'm a moron and didn't know anything about bpd. When I got diagnosed I started looking for books about it for myself and my partner to better understand it, but I gave that up. The books I found just made me depressed. They all talked about how it's "frequently unbearable" to have a partner with bpd. I made the mistake of reading a few comments about some of the books. Don't do that. Most of them were warnings to others to get out of the relationship they're in with a bpd person and went on about how bad people with bpd are.

• Aww..
Reactions: mightypabster, ger3172 and sadwriter
not_actually_human

not_actually_human

indeterminate some.
Nov 12, 2022

The "stereotype" is the maligning campaign.

Reactions: mightypabster and sadwriter
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
My advice is don't let labels and diagnosis define you. In general.

I was diagnosed bpd a while ago and while I can relate to some of the things you mentioned, I still changed over the years to the point I barely exhibit any of the "traits" that define it.

My perception and how I see the world changed A LOT and I don't let emotions run wild anymore.

Everything has pros and cons but I would never go back to how I was and how attached to people I would get. How deep I would feel about them.

No thanks.

• Love
Reactions: mightypabster, LonelyKitten and ger3172
NotDeanNorris

NotDeanNorris

Oct 30, 2023
people with bpd are so wronged all the time and i don't even say that because of my own experience. every pwBPD I know is always trying so much more than everybody else to be healthy and good to others and the world keeps stepping on them. this is so unfair it makes my blood boil. we are people who have been through so much already and we just want some comfort and safety for once. other people demonize pwBPD so much for wanting love out of life (i understand there are toxic people in general, it's not isolated to a disorder, but im refering to us pwbpd who try to improve and who are only demonized because of a label).

so tired of being treated like I want so much and like a burden when I want the bare minimum. what every other person has but I don't seem to get.

and it feels so hopeless to keep going like that, being so emotional and feeling pain all the time, trying to hide from people how I feel otherwise I'm manipulative or something, when im literally on my best behavior with everyone around me. and that took a lot of study and therapy. doesn't feel like it's enough.
I was diagnosed with BPD at 19 not because I have it, I don't, but because the psychiatrist was morbidly obese and hated me for being thin. Every normal sized doctor says I DO NOT have it, that I instead have CPTSD and bipolar.
Most people diagnosed with BPD do not have it and instead have CPTSD. BPD is literally made up to demonize people (predominantly women, but sometimes men) for having feelings, anger, or trauma.
Narcissistic people sniff out people with trauma and use a fake label to abuse them. I was being beaten and the bitch said I basically deserved it and should kill myself anyway lol. She faked a piss test to claim I was a heroin addict too. Never done heroin lol.
Just ignore the whole fucking label and switch providers outright if you are able. I literally had to leave the state for a fucking year and dip out of all healthcare for a large chunk of time. I gave up on ALL therapy because it is a toxic field, very anti victim. It is CPTSD.
Basically, reframing and hiding it is better. My husband straight up says it's made up, because my anger ALWAYS has a rational cause. I assume you are like me, since we use similar phraseology to describe what we want from others "the bare minimum." Which many seem FUCKING incapable of.
You do you and you are honestly fucking better than that label. Do anything to escape the abusive monsters who slapped it onto you. The psych who put it on me literally tried to murder me after through severe malpractice. BPD is nearly always just a reflection on the psych's intentions to cause you harm, and NEVER about the patient.
I'm sure you're actually nice and reasonable, because your expectations seem reasonable and so do you. Your psych is just an asshole.
And it seems like a lot of people in your life are assholes too. I learned to burn bridges with ease and vigor. That is the real treatment. Humiliation via therapy, the revocation of your human rights, abrogation of your dignity is all by fucking design by a series of abusive monsters.
News flash to all people who complain about BPD patients, nobody likes to be abused.
Sorry about the rant and projection of some of my own shit, and the lack of cohesion.
But I genuinely hope you have an excellent day and can crush your abusers some day. You are not defined by their delusions of you nor are you defined by one outburst or one emotion.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: mightypabster, LonelyKitten, TraumaEscapee:) and 1 other person
TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
bpd warrior here :)

• Love
ger3172

ger3172

Oct 23, 2021
I was diagnosed with BPD at 19 not because I have it, I don't, but because the psychiatrist was morbidly obese and hated me for being thin. Every normal sized doctor says I DO NOT have it, that I instead have CPTSD and bipolar.
Most people diagnosed with BPD do not have it and instead have CPTSD. BPD is literally made up to demonize people (predominantly women, but sometimes men) for having feelings, anger, or trauma.
Narcissistic people sniff out people with trauma and use a fake label to abuse them. I was being beaten and the bitch said I basically deserved it and should kill myself anyway lol. She faked a piss test to claim I was a heroin addict too. Never done heroin lol.
Just ignore the whole fucking label and switch providers outright if you are able. I literally had to leave the state for a fucking year and dip out of all healthcare for a large chunk of time. I gave up on ALL therapy because it is a toxic field, very anti victim. It is CPTSD.
Basically, reframing and hiding it is better. My husband straight up says it's made up, because my anger ALWAYS has a rational cause. I assume you are like me, since we use similar phraseology to describe what we want from others "the bare minimum." Which many seem FUCKING incapable of.
You do you and you are honestly fucking better than that label. Do anything to escape the abusive monsters who slapped it onto you. The psych who put it on me literally tried to murder me after through severe malpractice. BPD is nearly always just a reflection on the psych's intentions to cause you harm, and NEVER about the patient.
I'm sure you're actually nice and reasonable, because your expectations seem reasonable and so do you. Your psych is just an asshole.
And it seems like a lot of people in your life are assholes too. I learned to burn bridges with ease and vigor. That is the real treatment. Humiliation via therapy, the revocation of your human rights, abrogation of your dignity is all by fucking design by a series of abusive monsters.
News flash to all people who complain about BPD patients, nobody likes to be abused.
Sorry about the rant and projection of some of my own shit, and the lack of cohesion.
But I genuinely hope you have an excellent day and can crush your abusers some day. You are not defined by their delusions of you nor are you defined by one outburst or one emotion.
holy shit this was actually so insightful. i do know bpd is basically cptsd. you gave a whole new perspective and i thank you so much for that.

glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
there was this therapist on IG who said "you get diagnose with BPD because you didn't get better" that always brought me comfort. I'm not getting better but it's not my fault. I decided to seek help and yet they couldn't help me so why am I putting all of the blame on myself? it gave me some room to be nicer to myself.

I think you should never tell someone you have BPD unless you can trust that they will never use it against you. we tell people because we think they would be understanding but truth is it will just make them demonize us. I told someone about my BPD and everytime they do something rude to me they would say "don't get all BPD crazy on me" it's sad

• Love
Reactions: mightypabster and ger3172
NotDeanNorris

NotDeanNorris

Oct 30, 2023
holy shit this was actually so insightful. i do know bpd is basically cptsd. you gave a whole new perspective and i thank you so much for that.
I really do hope that it's helpful. I'm not like, pro life or anything but I am anti undue suffering and try to mitigate suffering in the least drastic means possible first, and I really don't like the idea of myself or anyone else having what is essentially a death sentence diagnosis over their head due to the laziness or maliciousness of certain practitioners. You're not the monster they say, and some countries are banning the BPD label from the practice, saying that you can't medically criminalize being a trauma victim, and that BPD as a label simply doesn't help or render good treatment.
It took me 5 years to escape an abusive relationship because of the label. I was convinced it was literally in my head. My husband is working harder than any therapist has to fix the real issue, which was me being tortured.
It is midnight where I'm at I'm rambling for sure.
Bless

• Love
ger3172

ger3172

Oct 23, 2021
I really do hope that it's helpful. I'm not like, pro life or anything but I am anti undue suffering and try to mitigate suffering in the least drastic means possible first, and I really don't like the idea of myself or anyone else having what is essentially a death sentence diagnosis over their head due to the laziness or maliciousness of certain practitioners. You're not the monster they say, and some countries are banning the BPD label from the practice, saying that you can't medically criminalize being a trauma victim, and that BPD as a label simply doesn't help or render good treatment.
It took me 5 years to escape an abusive relationship because of the label. I was convinced it was literally in my head. My husband is working harder than any therapist has to fix the real issue, which was me being tortured.
It is midnight where I'm at I'm rambling for sure.
Bless
im so glad you have a supportive partner in your life, it rlly changes things! have a wonderful night
and i feel the "which was me being tortured" so much because i feel mistreated by people ALL the time, a tragedy happens every day to the point it is almost unbelievable. thank you really for the insight and validation

Reactions: NotDeanNorris