sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
https://homestuck.net/tools/classpect-quiz/

I got Prince of Rage

Princes are a very active class. They are a destroyer class, and bring about destruction through their aspect.

Rage players enact their will through anger, or through its manipulation. While an active Rage player might use their own rage as a weapon, a more passive one could use their powers to alter other peoples' emotions, whether for better or for worse, in order to make their goals reality.

Reactions: mikgazer6, Sylveon, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, InversedShadow and sserafim
InversedShadow

InversedShadow

Student
Dec 28, 2023
Got rogue of time, Rogues are very concerned with the welfare of their team. They are Robin Hood-like in nature, stealing their aspect from enemies to assist their teammates. Their more active counterpart is the Thief.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Rocinante, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
And on 6/12 too? You're bringing me back to my Homestuck fandom days. 😩

Still haven't gotten Knight of Doom yet on this quiz even though that's what I was all those years ago.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
And on 6/12 too? You're bringing me back to my Homestuck fandom days. 😩

Still haven't gotten Knight of Doom yet on this quiz even though that's what I was all those years ago.
Why did you wow react to @Rocinante 's post? Is Heir of Void rare or something?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Why did you wow react to @Rocinante 's post? Is Heir of Void rare or something?
He got the same classpect as one of the characters so I thought that was cool.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante and sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Rage Bard

"Bards are a wildcard class, as likely to doom their teams to destruction as to ensure spectacular victory. They act primarily by influencing others, whether through voice, melody, or power, and bring about destruction through manipulation.
Rage players enact their will through anger, or through its manipulation. While an active Rage player might use their own rage as a weapon, a more passive one could use their powers to alter other peoples' emotions, whether for better or for worse, in order to make their goals reality."

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and sserafim
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I've never heard of this Homestuck thing in my entire life, but I went ahead and did it anyways~ :)

Sylph of Breath

Sylphs are healers, and bring health to teammates through the use of their aspect. They work best by interacting with others, and are often skilled at resolving conflicts.

Breath players can manipulate the flow of wind. They tend to be very earnest heroes, though they benefit from helpful companions.
Sylphs are healers, and bring health to teammates through the use of their aspect. They work best by interacting with others, and are often skilled at resolving conflicts.

Breath players can manipulate the flow of wind. They tend to be very earnest heroes, though they benefit from helpful companions.

Reactions: mikgazer6 and sserafim
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023

You are the Page of Light!​

Pages tend to be extremely weak and passive at the start of their journeys. However, they have incredible potential, and if they can survive long enough to reach god tier, their powers will make all others' pale in comparison.

Light players have power over fortune. As such, their powers allow them to understand fortuitous outcomes and the events that lead to them, or to directly alter the likelihood of those outcomes occurring. Despite the title of Light, many Light heroes tend to be 'darker' than their companions, and are willing to take more risks in the pursuit of success.

• Yay!
Reactions: damienlerone03, sserafim and mikgazer6
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

college student
Jul 1, 2024
Never heard of homestuck
Bard of Rage

Bards are a wildcard class, as likely to doom their teams to destruction as to ensure spectacular victory. They act primarily by influencing others, whether through voice, melody, or power, and bring about destruction through manipulation.

Rage players enact their will through anger, or through its manipulation. While an active Rage player might use their own rage as a weapon, a more passive one could use their powers to alter other peoples' emotions, whether for better or for worse, in order to make their goals reality.

• Wow
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
i got the sylph of life, though ive always thought myself as bard of heart (passive destroyer of self) for years, so ill find a definition of that...

A Bard of Heart would start off acting like a Mind player. The opposite aspect of Heart is Mind, which represents logic, false faces/outer self, planning, memories, and judgement. So this Bard would be a very logic-oriented person, never allowing their emotions to get the best of them; this would be clear from their acute decision-making process. According to the Hiveswap sign test definition, Mind players also have a fluid personality capable of changing to fit situations. It's likely that this Bard would employ this kind of adaptable personality to the fullest, varying their behavior and interests from person to person so they will be liked or at least accepted. They wouldn't be very open about themself or their true desires mostly because they aren't even sure what those are. It's likely that if they weren't in a situation where their personality could be conformed to suit a certain person, they would be apathetic and deadpan.

They might think that their own opinions, if they have any, are unimportant or stupid. Maybe they feel as if being emotional is dangerous and unpredictable, unlike the cold logic of Mind, so they bottle it all up and stow it away in some dark corner. They let their feelings essentially get stomped on because they don't feel as if they should stand up for a certain opinion. They would also be avoidant of discussions about feelings or just act like they don't care at all. Mind also represents blending in with the crowd, so this Bard might just absorb the mannerisms of other people in order to look like the others, without really having a passion for anything on the inside. Deep down, the Bard doesn't really know themself.

Bards do start out acting like players of the opposite aspect, but once they have a sort of collapse in their life, they actively pursue their aspect, trying to take in as much as possible. The Bard of Heart might suddenly be overcome with passionate feelings about something or someone. Maybe it's a cause near and dear to their heart. Maybe they fall in love for the first time. Alternatively, this could involve the part of Heart that involves the self. Perhaps they were noticed for something about themself that they didn't want anyone else to know. Or maybe they were revealed to be a supposed 'fake' due to their fluid personality.

The Bard of Heart will begin to question everything about themself. Are they really invested in this thing all their friends like, or are they just deluding themself? I could see the Bard having one big identity crisis, asking themself variations of the same question, over and over: "Who am I?" They don't know. And suddenly, it becomes an all-consuming quest for them to find out. They would find themself becoming passionate and biased, no longer afraid of standing out. They'd wouldn't let their feelings get stomped on anymore, either.

The Bard eventually creates a sort of balance by destroying their aspect, intuitively learning "how much is too much?" They'd be able to allow destruction through Heart. This could involve them being a manipulator of others' feelings, only to break their hearts, leaving a mass amount of distraught people in their wake. The use of emotions for destructive purposes could also involve gradually stirring up a crowd with their abilities until everyone is full of furious passion and a fight breaks out, turning the enemies against each other. If the Bard were more evil, they could use this against their own team as a distraction. Another way this Bard could destroy through their aspect is through themself, or their soul. Imagine you're in the dream bubbles and this Bard summons up every spirit version of themself to attack their enemy. Wild, right?

Bards also allow the destruction of their aspect, so the Bard of Heart might literally be able to destroy the soul. Not in a flashy way like Dirk (Prince of Heart) does it, though. It would be more subdued, perhaps a gradual decay. Maybe that would be more terrifying. Imagine: Soul rot, in which someone's passions, emotions, and sense of self are gradually withered away until all that is left is a cold, unfeeling shell. Terrifying! Besides that, the Bard of Heart could destroy emotions, which could work for better or worse depending on their nature. Prince are active and are therefore less capable of pinpointed destruction, whereas a Bard's destruction is more like a gradual enervation. So they'd be better than a Prince of Heart at obliterating specific emotions.

As for a land for the Bard of Heart, I suggest the Land of Tea and Gondolas. LOTAG literally runs on logic; the consorts ship tea around in cute little gondolas that go on the land's rivers. The tea strengthens their minds and makes them excellent decision-makers. However, this is starting to change; a new type of tea has come out that incites passion and emotion…at the cost of the consorts going on rampages! The Bard of Heart must cause the gradual decay of this item's popularity using the influence of emotions, as well as the destruction of some of the gondolas, but they must be careful not to destroy too much, as some is needed so the consorts have a healthy balance between logic and emotion.

We don't know much about the weapons for Bards apart from Gamzee's clubs. Heart players tend to have sharp objects (katana, claws) that they hold in their hands. Since a Bard of Heart would start out acting like a Mind player, they might have a Mind-based weapon, something strategically concealed in plain sight like the sword in Terezi's cane.

Overall, an interesting classpect capable of some nifty abilities. Thanks for reading!

Bard: Passive destruction class. One who allows destruction of their aspect or one who destroys through their aspect.

Heart: Control over emotions and the soul itself. Metaphorically it represents one's inner self.

The Bard of Heart is one who allows their own soul and emotions to be destroyed. They don't allow themselves to express who they really are and let them fall into emotional decay. Meanwhile dragging others down with them if they aren't careful.

Yeah… Bard's are just the happiest bunch aren't they?

Anyway, anyway. The Bard of Heart ain't exactly the most emotionally stable person. They're the kind of person that never really steps up for themselves and lets their feelings be ignored and trampled on. Someone that always puts others before themselves. But in a more destructive way as they NEVER let themselves get their way. Possibly even leading to them becoming bitter about it.

In addition to allowing their own emotions to be destroyed they can use those emotions to destroy. Or use the emotions of others. The Bard might allow their negativity over their emotional situation to build up and create a negative attitude around them. Essentially bringing everyone around them down into the dumps. This both destroys others through the Bards emotions, as it's their negative air bring this about, and allows emotions to be destroyed even if it is the emotions of others. A double whammy of emotional destruction.

To take this in a bit more of a positive direction. The aspect of Heart covers the entire emotional spectrum so it is possible for the Bard of Heart to use their powers to allow negative emotions to be destroyed. It would still lead to them letting their inner self be destroyed but they could paint themselves as a very positive person to keep peoples spirits up. Creating an air of positivity instead of negativity.

Post God Tiering the Bard of Heart could essentially weaponize that negativity. Possibly creating a literal negative air that could be used to bring down their opponents and kill their drive to fight back. Making easy pickings for the rest of the Bard's team. They would have to mind the air themselves of course though.

permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
This was a nice way to start the morning.

Slylph of time.

Time players have control over the flow of time and possess the ability to travel freely through it. As such, they are often crucial to their team's success, as they can revert any negative changes to their session. The mindset of a Time player tends to be laid-back and willing to 'go with the flow', and they are often musically adept. Their Land is guaranteed to contain a large structure matching their time travel instrument that, when destroyed in a specific manner, restarts the entire session with slightly different circumstances.

Attachments

• 1720909985328.png
    1720909985328.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 0