• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
Has anyone here spent time in a homeless shelter or on the street? I'm seriously considering it instead of such a hateful and inhospitable home environment. I can't think of any I could reach right now, but I think I know someone who could help me out. I would like to go into this program that provides very basic housing while you're there but it seems like it might be a while before I can go (extremely unfortunately) the person said to call them if I become homeless so idk. But could anyone here say how much hell on earth a shelter is and if it would be worth it? Like I already hate my life sincerely and I don't have any family to reach out to who I could live with. Where I am right now, it's made abundantly clear all day that I am not wanted at all.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Are you male or female? If you're a woman, there might be battered women's shelters that can offer you a short-term stay (they often cater to all sorts of women in vulnerable positions, domestic abuse or not). Worth researching.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"It's all just a dream"
Oct 26, 2019
I've spent over 5years on this streets...I typically stay away from shelters. It can be scary or daunting at first but once you learn about your geographic location... it's really not so bad. The worst part in my opinion is asking people for money. Man it's hell to have to ask someone for $1 or to buy you food. It's really kind crappy having to ask people for anything. I'm not on the streets anymore but I think about going back from time to time. My living situation where I am is kinda stressful and like I'm not on my own.

Reactions: Ashu and accountnamerequired
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
Can you say anything else about it? It would be nice to know everything I can. Did you have to beg for water too? How did you find safe places to sleep?

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"It's all just a dream"
Oct 26, 2019
Dude it's not nice and you get nowhere. It kinda wastes your life to be honest. I'm 35 working a job that a bunch of high school kids work at... it's like there first job. One kid I work next to us going into his junior year in highschool. I'm 35 and this is the best job I've found so far where I can get hours. There are a lot of people who do drugs and stuff so stay away from them. I drank alcohol everyday just to numb myself out and take the edge off/have something to do. You don't have to beg for water... you can go to Starbucks and get free water and most fastfood places will give you free water. Or at least a cup and you can fill it up and get your own water. Or just have a bottle that you can fill up. As far as places to sleep you just gotta use your head and find a quiet/clean spot. Sleeping outside sucks... I'd try to find like 18 wheeler trailers that aren't locked and climb in the back of those and go to sleep...As long as they aren't hooked up to a truck. I slept in the back of one one time and woke up on the highway... the guy pulled over when he realized the back door was open and someone was sleeping in the back. Thankfully I didn't fly out the back. Just use your head... you'll learn/figure out a lot from being out there. Also a lot of auto mechanic shops don't lock all there cars at night so I'd find open cars like that alot to. Just try to find something quiet and clean. You may have to sleep outside but try to find a quiet place that's secluded and not in the open...use your head. I'd get a storage unit if you can afford one. Something small where you can keep all your clothes etc that way you can travel light. I got tired of always carrying a backpack. Pan-handling cars for money is the worst part but if you do it at a busy intersection where it's legal you can easily make $50+ a day. That's your survival money. I'd mostly just drink and game at cyber cafes... smoke weed too. You just gotta make it work for you. I'm happy I'm not on the streets now but like...it sucks living under other peoples rules and shit. Where are you located? Be strong...

Last edited:
Reactions: accountnamerequired and Ashu
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
Hey, I'm sorry to hear you're in that situation. I've had the rough sleeper/homeless shelter experience. I'm male and live in an EU country so my experience will most likely differ from yours but here's what happened to me.

TL;DR: It wasn't as bad as I thought, you just keep your head down, get a job, apply for better homeless accommodation if you can and make sure you're safe.

I left my home due to the people I was living with selling their house. I had no savings since I spent it all on booze or food. I was scared shitless and having arguments with my landlady until I eventually left before she could kick me out.

I spent around two or three weeks living outside the mall I worked at. I would stay awake all night from 11pm-12am when my work closed to 5-6am when the mall opened up for cleaners. I would sleep in the staff room. That stopped when my manager forced me to stop sleeping there. I hid my clothes in bushes near the mall. Eventually I got a small storage container and kept my stuff there until I could secure a hostel room.

Eventually I got in contact with a homeless charity that helped me get a room in a homeless hostel. It was a three man room with my own bed and place to put my stuff. My roommates were loud but were harmless, one was a really bad alcoholic who barely spoke English and the other spoke no English but was straight edge. I moved from room to room until I found a two man room with a very understanding and friendly roommate who looked out for me.

After a year and a half of applying my application for a one room homeless accommodation was accepted and that's where I'm currently living. Despite my CBT plans I'm very grateful for where I'm living, especially with my country's ongoing housing crisis. Things do get better, even when you've hit rock bottom you just got to fight for yourself. Easier said than done but it's worth it.

Reactions: accountnamerequired and Ashu