FaceOfSilence

FaceOfSilence

Shhhh...
Feb 24, 2019
For quite some time at this point i have not been able to figure out the sweet spots on my neck and it got me thinking, could it be the blood pressure? You see, generations of fucked up hearts in my family mean that i basically have higher arterial pressure pretty much 24/7, right now it's 141/85 despite being 100% relaxed and well-rested.

While searching (naturally, it's pointless to Google "Does high BP make hanging harder to complete") i've found exactly one instance where BP is mentioned - in that long .pdf where a person explored various kinds of hanging that i can't seem to find anymore, unfortunately.

So basically my question is, can high blood pressure interfere with finding the sweet spot? From my fairly ignorant point of view it should be fairly harder to compress something with higher internal pressure, but i'm not sure, naturally. And if that's actually the case, it's probably a good idea to take some β-blockers?

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
For quite some time at this point i have not been able to figure out the sweet spots on my neck and it got me thinking, could it be the blood pressure? You see, generations of fucked up hearts in my family mean that i basically have higher arterial pressure pretty much 24/7, right now it's 141/85 despite being 100% relaxed and well-rested.

While searching (naturally, it's pointless to Google "Does high BP make hanging harder to complete") i've found exactly one instance where BP is mentioned - in that long .pdf where a person explored various kinds of hanging that i can't seem to find anymore, unfortunately.

So basically my question is, can high blood pressure interfere with finding the sweet spot? From my fairly ignorant point of view it should be fairly harder to compress something with higher internal pressure, but i'm not sure, naturally. And if that's actually the case, it's probably a good idea to take some β-blockers?

Hmm, im not very familiar with the topic but i think it has to do more with fastening well enough the rope/cord around your neck to the point where blood flow stops.