B

Bodydysmorphia

Jun 15, 2022
I wanna kill myself but can't get myself to go through with it. I don't know why there is something holding me back. I hate myself and my life and want to finally feel some peace but I don't have the guts to do it. Someone please help? How can I eliminate this feeling that is holding me back?

Reactions: Alive4now
The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
I wanna kill myself but can't get myself to go through with it. I don't know why there is something holding me back. I hate myself and my life and want to finally feel some peace but I don't have the guts to do it. Someone please help? How can I eliminate this feeling that is holding me back?
I'm having the same problem. What's the thing you're most afraid about?

(By the way, I also want to ctb because of my body dysmorphic disorder.)

Reactions: Alive4now and hopelessdreams
B

Bodydysmorphia

Jun 15, 2022
I'm having the same problem. What's the thing you're most afraid about?

Making someone feel guilty for my suicide (like my family, friends...)

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
"there is something holding me back" It´s the survival instinct and the fear in your subconscious mind.

Reactions: Alive4now, sourokraandfish and Oogie
The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
But that can more or less be solved by a note/letter in which you write that it's absolutely not their fault.

Reactions: Alive4now
B

Bodydysmorphia

Jun 15, 2022
But that can more or less be solved by a note/letter in which you write that it's absolutely not their fault.
I'm 100% sure they would still feel guilty at least that's what my mother said when I told her I wanted to ctb

K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
For me it's fear. Fear of what comes afterwards, how it will affect my family, what happens if i survive, what if i miss out on some miracle happening.

Constant what ifs and so on. I want to be free of my mind, but it's not letting me go.

Also wish i knew how to overcome it.

Reactions: Alive4now, Eternal🌈Rainbow, The_Flying_Fox and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like only you know when it is the right time to leave, it is a feeling that you have where you are certain about your decision and you have no more doubts. I think that many people are able to go through with ctb when they get desperate and the pain of living gets unbearable for them, but I think that you cannot really force these feelings. I know that it is such a dreadful feeling wanting to leave, yet feeling as though you are unable to. I really wish that suicide is easier more than anything.

Reactions: Alive4now, Klophy and Oogie
sourokraandfish

sourokraandfish

Apr 3, 2022
Same. BDD is one of the reasons I want to kms. I think even if one day I wake up magically cured, I still want to die because living is too tiring and I personally would not care less about having to leave things behind or miss out on anything. All I want is the complete eradication of consciousness that only death can offer.

Same. I will cut contact with all of my friends and make them think that I've moved on before I kms but I can't do much to alleviate the immense amount of pain and guilt that my suicide will have on my parents... The best I can do is to write them a detailed letter that I hope would give them some kind of closure...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alive4now and The_Flying_Fox
The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
I still want to die because living is too tiring and I personally would not care less about having to leave things behind or miss out on anything.
I can very much relate to that.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourokraandfish
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
The act itself is so brutal - even if it's just drinking poison … who wants to hang themselves or jump off a bridge …? Or guzzle Nembutal ? My life now consists of laying on a couch in utter boredom …. Eventually I'll be homeless and need to eradicate myself before then but for now this beats murdering myself…

Reactions: meetapple
jupiterwinds

jupiterwinds

Jun 5, 2022
For me it's fear of pain and messing it up and being even worse off/more disabled than I already am. Ending up in a psych hospital. There's also a small part of me that still enjoys things and would miss certain things. I don't actually want to be dead. I just can't take the physical and emotional pain anymore and eventually that will outweigh these other things and the fears, I think.