Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm sorry for posting this on here, but I need to express it and have nowhere else to turn.

I've just found out that the man who strangled me a couple of years ago, beat up my ex when she was a child and was responsible for helping to cover up my ex's physical abuse of me - has died.

I know that an unelected death is usually nothing to be celebrated, and it may make me rather callous to do so, but right now I'm going to break out the beer to celebrate the demise of this evil man.

He can harm me no more.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: itsamadworld, MiserableBastard1995, BaconCheeseburger and 14 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Congratulations! It is to be celebrated. Now your mind is at peace. I hope his death was extremely painful.

No. He can't harm you anymore. It's over. Be at peace with that. :heart:

• Hmph!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, alexK, mattwitt and 2 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Cheers to that!

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, alexK, mattwitt and 1 other person
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you @Jean4 & @noaccount :)

You know, having set a date to ctb, a small part of me is beginning to wonder whether this is the 'universe' way of telling me that it's not my time to go yet, things are going to get better. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the coming weeks bring, but the fact I'm having that thought is causing me some apprehension as to whether something deep down is saying "an extra month to make absolutely sure is better than a lifetime wrongfully ended early".

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Oyoy and AnnonyBox
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Congratulations times for you to thrive while he's rotting

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Giraffey
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I'm sorry for posting this on here, but I need to express it and have nowhere else to turn.

I've just found out that the man who strangled me a couple of years ago, beat up my ex when she was a child and was responsible for helping to cover up my ex's physical abuse of me - has died.

I know that an unelected death is usually nothing to be celebrated, and it may make me rather callous to do so, but right now I'm going to break out the beer to celebrate the demise of this evil man.

He can harm me no more.
There are a few people in this world who's death I will celebrate, nothing to feel guilty about in my opinion. Yes, death can be bad but in some cases, the world is better off. It's murder that's celebrated it's just death of somebody who brought a lot of pain and suffering and now won't be able to do that.

Reactions: Inferdan, not-2-b-the-answer and Giraffey
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Thank you @Jean4 & @noaccount :)

You know, having set a date to ctb, a small part of me is beginning to wonder whether this is the 'universe' way of telling me that it's not my time to go yet, things are going to get better. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the coming weeks bring, but the fact I'm having that thought is causing me some apprehension as to whether something deep down is saying "an extra month to make absolutely sure is better than a lifetime wrongfully ended early".

I hope you can find your way through this. :hug: Taking some time to make sure if you really want to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: Giraffey
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I hope you can find your way through this. :hug: Taking some time to make sure if you really want to CTB.

Thank you :) I've been settled on the idea of CTB for a while now, but decided to give myself a 'last chance saloon' to see if my life would improve if I had just a final month to live. As I mentioned earlier though, there is a small part of me that is questioning whether I'm rushing into this - especially given some positive changes that have been happening in my life over the last week.

Should one still CTB if there is that small doubt in the back of your mind? It feels a little like refusing an operation that will end your pain and suffering because your latest test results show a small chance of recovering without the surgery. So do you take the safe option and have the surgery anyway, or do you risk another month of suffering for potentially another shot? Tricky decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
That sounds so great. Congrats!

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
One religion all parts of me agree is that when some people die/naturally or not/, the world really gets cleaner and better.